z

Young Writers Society

What are your plans for the summer?

10 Reviews

Reviews: 10
Fri May 08, 2015 7:06 pm
Big Brother says...

So wherever Big Brother happens to live, it's glorious outside today. The azaleas are blooming, the sky is blue, and Big Bro recently got back from watching a flyover of WWII era planes for the VE Day celebrations.

Which has Big Bro thinking about the summer. It's still a little less than a couple months away for most of you, but what are your plans at this point? Summer job? Reading & writing? Swimming? Camps? Maybe you live in the southern hemisphere and winter is just around the corner?

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Fri May 08, 2015 8:46 pm
View Likes
Auxiira says...

I get to take care of my Cubs for a week, then I'm going to go and live with my grandpa for August, and try and find a job there.

But hopefully a lot of reading, SBing, writing, and getting fit
You read faster than Usaine Bolt sprints xD - Deanie 2014

I wanted all to sparkle and dance in a glorious jubilee. - Cathy, Wuthering Heights

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Fri May 08, 2015 8:51 pm
View Likes
Vervain says...

Hehe, well, my summer's going to be anything but interesting. I plan to spend most of it at home (and at school), taking 13 credits of classes, reviewing, doing what I can to help out with stuff, and planning/hosting tournament contests! This is probably the most organized I've been in my life, getting ready to delve into the summer.

Oh, I'm also going to be turning 19. Probably won't do anything big for that, but my family might go out to dinner. ^^ If my mom's not too busy packing (she's going out of state for a week shortly after my birthday).
stay off the faerie paths

1125 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1125
Fri May 08, 2015 8:56 pm
View Likes
StellaThomas says...

I finish my exams around the end of June, and then I'm going to see Taylor Swift!!

Then in July I'm spending two weeks in Northern Ireland on a paediatrics elective followed by two weeks in Dublin on an oncology elective. Then in August my boyfriend and I are going to Dubronik for a week! I'm very excited.

And then at the end of August it's back to college for my final year of med school... I mean. What.

I just hope the summer takes its time!
"Stella. You were in my dream the other night. And everyone called you Princess." -Lauren2010

346 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 346
Fri May 08, 2015 9:11 pm
View Likes
Pretzelstick says...

I am going to volunteer for like 4 hours of help every week in my local library,which is always fun and enjoyable thing to do. Then I am planning to go to a one week camp(without parents) with my friend and her sister. (the camp has zip-lining and jet-skiing) :D And then my birthday is in August (duh,my avatar is my zodiac sign . . .) but I don't know what I will do for that yet . . . Oh yeah,and the rest of the summer will be sent catching up on my Pre-Algebra book,to be ready for Algebra in Grade 9 and reading nonfiction books to educate myself.

So yeah,that's practically it. <,<
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads only lives once
~George R. Martin

Life isn't about finding yourself; it's about recreating yourself. ~George B. Shaw

got yws?

89 Reviews

Reviews: 89
Fri May 08, 2015 9:11 pm
View Likes
Amnesia says...

If I'm lucky i get to spend half my summer with my mom traveling cross country on the truck. If im unlucky I get to go live with either my Dad or my Tia for the summer depending on what I want and need.

other than that Im taking classes all summer. Thankfully in August I get the choice of staying home or i can go back on the truck with my mom. Either way I probably wont be on often during the summer.
I want a Harry Potter reboot with Benedict Cumberbatch as all the characters~~Mem
<3 Formerly Remembrance <3

This page supports the LGBTQ community

260 Reviews

Reviews: 260
Fri May 08, 2015 10:28 pm
View Likes
TriSARAHtops says...

Southern hemisphere for the win! XD

My holidays aren't for a fair while yet (mid June), but I will be going interstate with my family (and by interstate I mean the complete other side of the country, so there's a four hour plane trip right there). I'll get to accept our miserable weather for a while, at least, because it's further north and therefore less winter-y.

Aside from that, I'll hopefully be studying a bit for my year twelve exams (D:) because chemistry is death and I'd like to do plausibly well on the exam for it, and I need to revise for all my other subjects because I want to do well and I'd like to be at least semi-organised next term.

And I'll be reading, because my local bookshop has re-opened, so I can get books from there. Not to mention pottering around YWS, obviously. :-)
if we wait until we're ready
we'll be waiting
for the rest of our lives

324 Reviews

Reviews: 324
Sat May 09, 2015 12:27 am
Evander says...

I just realized that I might be old enough to volunteer at at my local library, so I might check that out. (There's this program that I'm in where I have to collect service hours so I can collect stars for my good deeds.)

Uh, there's a summer camp almost every other week for me. Which means there will be spikes in my activity on YWS. Good thing that some of these are writing camps. Hmm, there's also a convention that I'm looking forward to going to.

I'm also apart of a reviewing contest that will last until August, so my summer will be taken up by that. The next draft of my novel should be halfway done by August, too.

There also might be a babysitting job in there somewhere, depending if I get my babysitting license.

...I have a really busy summer compared to last year.
Want to talk about your project? Head on over to the Writers Corner! If you have a question about writing, then head on over to Research! Is your question not big enough to warrant its own thread? Ask away in Little Details!

German rat enthusiast.

1735 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1735
Sat May 09, 2015 3:32 am
View Likes
BluesClues says...

An entire Summer of Adventures with Sir. Among other things: the zoo, the art museum, a night hike, a day trip to Mackinac Island... I'm essited.

Plus, for the first time ever, I will be living alone, because hubby got a job in Florida but I still have a year of school left. Quite possibly I should be nervous or sad about that, but mostly I'm anxious. In a good way. Eager? Excited?

I'm sure halfway through the upcoming school year I'll feel completely the opposite and spaz out and sob with stress and have no one to ask for hugs from except Sir, since Ari is leaving for Japan just a couple months after hubby leaves for Florida...

But for now, mostly excited.

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Sun May 10, 2015 7:15 pm
View Likes
Demeter says...

I'll be working until August 7th, but I'll have some days off in June and July. In June, at midsummer, we're going to go to our summer cottage in the countryside by the lake, which will be super nice! And I'm hoping to have a little weekend break with Charlie just any weekend and go to Tallinn for a night or two (the capital of Estonia across the channel), since he's never been. And hopefully visit somewhere else in Finland too :)
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

23 Reviews

Reviews: 23
Sun May 10, 2015 9:29 pm
View Likes
CowLogic says...

I'm going to go to the bowling alley and lie down in one of the lanes to protest the cruel treatment of bowling balls.
The course skin of a thousand elephants sewn together to make one leather wallet.

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Mon May 11, 2015 1:43 pm
Snoink says...

Spending time with family!
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

83 Reviews

Reviews: 83
Tue May 12, 2015 1:02 am
EscaSkye says...

Haha, well, I've been working this summer by helping my parents out in the office; aside from that, I've been doing a bit of boxing (though in the last session I had, they let me do a bit of Muay Thai). Come June, I'll have summer classes for a month due to my minor.

Mixing in with all of that, I've been playing video games and have gone swimming. So... yeah. Doing some new things and relaxing, mainly.
Not anymore.

77 Reviews

Reviews: 77
Tue May 12, 2015 1:16 am
View Likes
Craz says...

I'm (hopefully) going on an all just-girlie-girls trip to California with my unofficial sis and unofficial mom for her birthday, and (hopefully) watch the Fourth of July fireworks on the boardwalk. Then, senior pictures, band camp, maybe a summer job, dye my hair blue, run around in the woods, and actually post an SB since 2014. All hopes, a'course~
"we'll fasten it with some safety pins and tape and a dream, and you're good to go, honey."

522 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 522
Tue May 12, 2015 1:41 am
Lavvie says...

I'm graduating in two weeks, so in June a bunch of friends will be coming up to visit. Then, in July, I'm off to Paris for a year (but I'll be stopping in Dublin for a couple of days and maybe visiting Stella - we'll see!)

What is to give light must endure burning. – Viktor Frankl

Writing is like love: the real thing is a lot less romantic
— dragonfphoenix