z

Young Writers Society

What do you like most about YWS?

10 Reviews

Reviews: 10
Thu May 07, 2015 7:17 pm
View Likes
Big Brother says...

What is it that keeps you coming to YWS?

494 Reviews

Reviews: 494
Thu May 07, 2015 7:24 pm
View Likes
Holysocks says...

The community. <3
100% autistic

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Thu May 07, 2015 7:36 pm
View Likes
Iggy says...

My friends <3
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Thu May 07, 2015 8:32 pm
View Likes
birk says...

Yeah, definitely the community and bonds I've made with people on the site that keeps me coming back.

And the bonechilling fear that someone might backtalk me without my knowledge.
"I never saved anything for the swim back."

Do not mistake coincidence for fate. - Mr Eko

they're selling razor blades and mirrors in the street

346 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 346
Thu May 07, 2015 9:05 pm
View Likes
Pretzelstick says...

Wow what an intense question. There are so many things that I could say,so I will try to all sum them up.

I joined here about 6 months ago,and this is like my second home. I spend a lot of time on here,just trying to be an active member of this community. I have made a lot of friends here,some are them are more real than a friend that I know close to me and that I see often. I really do love you all <3 You have always stood by my side (even when everyone else in the world didn't) and since you are teenagers(most of you) you understand me more than anyone.

I have grown in my writing and my fellow reviewers like to say that I am a "review machine." I like to think that I am an accomplished reviewer but I have really grown in writing good and stable critiques.The best way to learn that, all of you newbies,is to read other people's reviews. My personal two favorite reviewers on the website are @Noelle and @Deanie and I still study and read their reviews daily to grow in that area.

I love stalking all of you blogs, I practically am the invisible stalker, since I don't reply on most of them. My top two blogs that I like to read the most are @Snoink and @BlueAfrica. Thank you so much for sharing a part of your life with me through your blog.

Storybooks are so much fun to write, and I really think that @Rydia has some talent for planning them. I also always admire @TheWanderingWizard posts and I like to read them(and reread them) and see which elements of my writing are missing.

YWS is life!
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads only lives once
~George R. Martin

Life isn't about finding yourself; it's about recreating yourself. ~George B. Shaw

got yws?

763 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 763
Thu May 07, 2015 9:13 pm
View Likes
Lava says...

@freakforchrist of course.
~
Pretending in words was too tentative, too vulnerable, too embarrassing to let anyone know.
- Ian McEwan in Atonement

sachi: influencing others since GOD KNOWS WHEN.

179 Reviews

Reviews: 179
Fri May 08, 2015 12:11 am
View Likes
r4p17 says...

Friends. @Sunshine1113 @Messenger <3 And it has helped with my writing a lot. ;)
One writer with one imagination makes thousands of new worlds and stories." ~ Anonymous author

62 Reviews

Reviews: 62
Fri May 08, 2015 12:28 am
View Likes
IncohesiveScribbles says...

The amazing feedback from all the other great writers who are on YWS.

1735 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1735
Fri May 08, 2015 1:33 am
View Likes
BluesClues says...

Definitely the reviews are great--the whole system is so good. Like, the point system actually gets people to review, plus the community feeling and the "Will Review for Food" Forum gets people reading each other's stuff.

And then also just the way we are such a community here. It's really a, um, like a family feeling. The way drama club felt for me in high school. It's just really lovely.

Spoiler! :
@pretzelsing Staaaaahp. You're making me blush.

83 Reviews

Reviews: 83
Fri May 08, 2015 3:39 am
View Likes
Dutiful says...

Definitely the people on here!

I wasn't active for more than a year, and had it been any other website I'd definitely have stopped visiting altogether, but there is something about YWS that's just indescribable... You get such a warm feeling-like you belong somewhere at last and the amazing people here just make you feel accepted.

And that makes you want to visit again and again and again even if youre doinf nothing like me.
“And by the way, everything in life is writable about if you have the outgoing guts to do it, and the imagination to improvise. The worst enemy to creativity is self-doubt.”
― Sylvia Plath

59 Reviews

Reviews: 59
Fri May 08, 2015 10:42 am
View Likes
Sunshine1113 says...

It's definetly the community and people here. (And writing stuff too :P ) but honestly I love the community here. It's safe, welcoming, and kind of like family. Quite honestly I have no idea what I would do without YWS.

But the writing here is great too, I love how the reviewing/point system works, I love WFP, I love how we can chat with other people, I love the new official WW game, just everything <3 it's such a healthy environment that promotes growth as a writer and growth as a person as well.

It's actually my 2nd cake day today, clearly this site is amazing otherwise I wouldn't have stuck around so long. ;)
~Sun Goddess~

134 Reviews

Reviews: 134
Fri May 08, 2015 11:00 am
View Likes
DrFeelGood says...

Maturity!!

The average age of a typical YWSer is less than 18 yet we have some of the most matured people on this site.

I had written a controversial poem here and some people panned it for the concept and the metaphor i had used. But let me tell you, not a single person made any kind of personal attacks on me.

I aint very active on Facebook, but i am damn sure that I'd have to face a lynch mob if i ever dared to post it on fb. Barring rare exceptions YWSers are the most tolerant people I have ever seen!

It feels special to be on YWS and spend time with some of the most awesome people on this planet!
I

260 Reviews

Reviews: 260
Fri May 08, 2015 11:19 am
TriSARAHtops says...

Like most other people have said, it's the community on YWS that has made me stick around. The awesomeness of members on here is out of this world.
if we wait until we're ready
we'll be waiting
for the rest of our lives

472 Reviews

Reviews: 472
Fri May 08, 2015 12:55 pm
Lightsong says...

Um... for me it's the stories.
"Writing, though, belongs first to the writer, and then to the reader, to the world.

The subject is a catalyst, a character, but our responsibility is, has to be, to the work."

- David L. Ulin

91 Reviews

Reviews: 91
Fri May 08, 2015 4:31 pm
View Likes
FireBird99 says...

Despite the awesome system of reviewing and how safe I feel putting my book up, it would be the community. To be honest, I have joined many writing sites and I couldn't get myself to put my book up because I didn't feel safe doing that. On the other hand, this site is so awesome and I just feel very comfortable on here. And we can't leave out those few people that make this site that much more interesting. :P
One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain.

I'm not quiet. I'm just plotting.

There is a difference between being poor and being broke: broke is temporary; poor is eternal.
— Robert Kiyosaki