z

Young Writers Society

What do you like most about YWS?

1085 Reviews

Reviews: 1085
Fri May 08, 2015 5:21 pm
View Likes
Mea says...

Definitely the community. It's so nice how mature everyone is. I also like how it's not so big that you can't know everyone, but it's also big enough that it's not clique-y. I also love the versatility of the site - there's so much to do!

The reviewing system what made me join, but the community is what has made me stay.
We're all stories in the end.

I think of you as a fairy with a green dress and a flower crown and stuff.
-EternalRain

I think you, @Deanie and I are like the Three Book Nerd Musketeers of YWS.
-bluewaterlily

1417 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1417
Fri May 08, 2015 6:48 pm
View Likes
Noelle says...

Everything. Can I say everything? Everything.
Noelle is the name, reviewing and writing cliffhangers is the game.

Writer of fantasy, action/adventure, and magic. Huzzah!

"I'm writing a book. I've got the page numbers done." -- Steven Wright

YWS is life

324 Reviews

Reviews: 324
Sat May 09, 2015 12:38 am
View Likes
Evander says...

There's a whole lot of things that keep me coming back.

The community, the Resources forum, the reviewing system, clubs, the thrill of posting works, etc.

I could go on and on.
Want to talk about your project? Head on over to the Writers Corner! If you have a question about writing, then head on over to Research! Is your question not big enough to warrant its own thread? Ask away in Little Details!

German rat enthusiast.

232 Reviews

Reviews: 232
Sat May 09, 2015 4:22 am
View Likes
rainforest says...

Probably my addiction.
this account proudly supports lgbt rights

243 Reviews

Reviews: 243
Wed Aug 10, 2022 5:07 pm
View Likes
Spearmint says...

casually attempts to revive this thread =P

but just ahhh I'm going to have to agree with what pretty much everyone else has said-- the community on YWS is just so special. <3 I love that YWS is small enough that you can get to know quite a few of the active members, but it's large enough to have a good amount of activity, as well as a diverse array of members. The way YWS is structured with works, reviews, and roleplays also provides an opportunity to make long-lasting friends, which is truly precious. I remember having a ton of fun in wfps, just nerding out over roleplaying xD and chatting with other young writers. I love that YWS brings us all together with our shared passion for writing. <3

And the history of this site! I was reading this thread and a couple of older threads... and omg, YWS is ancient. XD But honestly, it's just really neat to see what YWS culture was like in 2006, 2013, etc. It feels like I'm seeing a slice of internet culture in those years, and being able to see that history is something I have no idea how I'd be able to do otherwise. (Like, is there a way to scroll back to 2015 on instagram?? If there is, I haven't found it =P) Anyways, it's like nostalgia from a time I never knew. :')

And gosh, this is getting rambly now haha. But yes. YWS is the absolute best. <333
mint, she/her

.--. / ... ...- -.-. .-.. / - .--. ..- .- / .--- --- ...- .--- / .--- --- .--. .-- / .--. .--- .-.. / .--- -.-- .-.. .... -
=D

565 Reviews

Reviews: 565
Wed Mar 01, 2023 6:08 pm
View Likes
Stori says...

I like the site's interface. Seriously. The color scheme's easy on the eyes, and lately I've gotten *very* tired of Facebook-style forums. YWS, I'm glad to note, is still rockin' the PHPBB style, with pages.

I also enjoy storybooks for the way they let me collaborate, have some fun and go outside my comfort zone...but not too far.

941 Reviews

Reviews: 941
Wed Mar 01, 2023 6:18 pm
View Likes
vampricone6783 says...

I like that everyone on here is so accepting of one another. That kind of acceptance, especially on the internet, is rare nowadays.

120 Reviews

Reviews: 120
Wed Mar 01, 2023 10:08 pm
View Likes
GengarIsBestBoy says...

I like how the community isn’t toxic. Like, every other place on the internet has some sort of toxic side, but on YWS everyone is just chill (at least from what I’ve seen)
How dare you make fun of Molly Mcgee?! That’s my job!!

—Scratch, The Ghost and Molly Mcgee

[Gengar! :D they/she]
[Spooky month fan, internet cryptid, certified nerd]

"You know, sometimes all you need is twenty seconds of just embarrassing bravery. And I promise you, something great will come of it."
— We Bought A Zoo