z

Young Writers Society

Your Summer Reading List

178 Reviews

Reviews: 178
Tue Apr 28, 2015 4:48 pm
Paracosm says...

Hey guys! Summer is coming, and I'm looking to get myself back into reading and writing. Lately, I've let my work and tournament life get in the way of reading. I just reread Johnny Tremain last night, and it rekindled my will to write. If you haven't read it, I strongly suggest you do. Beautiful story, full of interesting little plot layers, and things I didn't notice the first time through.

Anyway, What are you guys reading this summer? Do you choose books based on what you are writing, as inspiration? Do you have a particular author you are into right now?

This my list. I'm revisiting some of my favorite childhood stories.

1. Matilda
2. The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn
3. Every single Harry Potter.
4. The Secret Garden
5. Tuck Everlasting
6. Because of Winn-Dixie
7. Holes
8. The Witch of Blackbird Pond
9. Hatchet
10. Call it Courage
Review unto others as you would have others review unto you.

Don't panic!

Also, Shino!

1735 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1735
Wed Apr 29, 2015 3:07 am
BluesClues says...

I do not plan ahead and will read as things strike me, but I have been thinking of also revisiting the entire Harry Potter series...

351 Reviews

Reviews: 351
Wed Apr 29, 2015 3:10 am
View Likes
Kanome says...

Same here. Harry Potter all the way.
PROTECTOR OF LIGHT
Knight of the Green Room

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Wed Apr 29, 2015 3:30 am
View Likes
Iggy says...

If @Birkhoff and I manage to catch up on Game of Thrones in the next three weeks, then I plan on starting A Song of Ice and Fire. But not until we're caught up; he's already seen everything, I haven't, so it's all new to me and I want to be unaware of things as they happen during the show. (We're about to start season three btw.)

Currently still reading The Night Circus.

Once I finish that and if we still aren't caught up, I might reread Cirque Du Freak again, since TNC is giving me the need-to-worship-Darren-Shan feels <3
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

1634 Reviews

Reviews: 1634
Wed Apr 29, 2015 4:35 am
View Likes
Deanie says...

This summer I want to try and read the second book in the A Song of Ice and Fire series. I do think it will take me a while because I'll be travelling and it is huge, but I will try that one.

And then I will try and get through The Lion Trees (book 1) by Owen Thomas. It has about 900 pages so I know I will be reading those two huge books for the majority of the holiday ^^
Trust in God and all else follows.

Deanie, dominating the world since it was cool @Pompadour, 2014
Your username reminds me of a hotdog @Stegosaurus, 2015
Tried to make puns out of your username, but every attempt has been Deanied @Candywizard, 2015

1125 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1125
Mon May 04, 2015 9:10 am
StellaThomas says...

Iggy wrote:I haven't, so it's all new to me and I want to be unaware of things as they happen during the show. (We're about to start season three btw.)

Oh lord brace yourself.

I'm trying to finish A Dance with Dragons before GoT catches up.

Other than that, I have a couple of popular non-fiction medical books to read that Mum got me for my birthday. I may attempt more classics - War & Peace is still at my bedside. And I want to read some Robin Hobb. Also The Orphan Queen by Jodi Meadows is on my Amazon wish list. Probably will also acquire Fairest by Marissa Meyer.
"Stella. You were in my dream the other night. And everyone called you Princess." -Lauren2010

Reviews: 2
Mon May 04, 2015 10:32 am
masquerad3 says...

I know I want to read more Scott Appleton. Swords of the Six was simply perfection! Aside from that, I'll probably reread the Merlin Spiral and Ranger's Apprentice.

Always do what you are afraid to do.
— E. Lockhart, We Were Liars