Young Writers Society

How can we spice up Review Day?

107 Reviews

Reviews: 107
Thu Apr 07, 2016 4:47 pm
View Likes
XxXTheSwordsmanXxX says...

@Sarah12
With giving the winning team 200 free points each you are already basically giving everyone a free story post. The double points for reviews on review day would get a good draw.

Another idea would be some volunteer work. For example, if we have any artists, perhaps a free cover design for the most review points of the day.

We could also do something like the spotlight. There was a site that has closed down that would periodically do a sort of interview of a writer with some generic questions. Things like, "What made you start writing?", "What was your favorite book growing up?", "If given the chance would you become a published author?" Sort of get to know the writers with an announced piece about themselves. This could be a prize to the reviewer with the most points as well.

38 Reviews

Reviews: 38
Thu Apr 07, 2016 5:14 pm
View Likes
Sarah12 says...

@XxXTheSwordsmanXxX
That would be cool too! An interview thing for the top reviewer. I like that. That's an awesome idea!
A note for all writers! If something goes wrong in your life, yell "PLOT TWIST!" and move on.

34 Reviews

Reviews: 34
Wed Apr 13, 2016 4:14 pm
JediDeadpool says...

Everybody stopped talking.... we need to get this on Staff Picks or something to get it some publicity and perpetuate the idea-sharing!!!
Sincerely,
A Humble YWS User.

I'm writing a book. I've got the page numbers done.
~ Steven Wright ~

Every cat ish my little dark knight<3

Spoiler! :
Used to be Watchdog1324

Here's to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square holes. The ones who see things differently. They're not fond of rules. And they have no respect for the status quo. You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify or vilify them. About the only thing you can't do is ignore them. Because they change things. They push the human race forward. And while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius. Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do.
— -Apple Inc.