z

Young Writers Society

The Covenant

182 Reviews

Reviews: 182
Sun Sep 24, 2006 12:53 am
Chandni says...

I just saw the Covenant :D Great movie or what ?? The only thing I DIDN'T like was the part where Reid said : "Harry Potter kiss my *ss" lol I think it has an awesome soundtrack and cool effects ;)

Okay, so I basically liked it because of the story, I like these sci-fi movies which are sort of xmen or harry potter-ish :)

Im not an effects expert but I must say, the effect are pretty nice. As some of you may have seen in The Covenant's commercial there's this part where Caleb(main character) drives straight into a truck, by using his powers both he and the truckdriver survive. The car basically breaks into little peaces and then these little peaces all come back together thus pretty cool :)

Well the acting was good I guess, no comments about it. There weren't any parts where you could judge if there was good or bad acting. So just average I guess.

What's also very very sweet about this movie is the intro, it's a little bit alike to the davinci code, whit pages shown of this "witchcraft book" very sweet also the soundtrack which is used in this intro fits perfectly, it's this guitar solo.

Okay then all the reasons given to watch this movie !! hooray !! lol And for the gals intrested " 5 good-looking guys with powers? What more could you want " lol
Last edited by Chandni on Fri Sep 29, 2006 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I should not keep on, I'll just creep on creepin'on.

863 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 863
Mon Sep 25, 2006 4:51 am
Griffinkeeper says...

What about this was great? Special effects are nice, but they are about a dime a dozen now. What particular effects did you like about it?

How was the acting? Were the actors convincing in their roles at all times? Did any of them relate to you personally? Or was it just a bunch of cliche characters?

What about the soundtrack did you like? The plot?

If you're going to call it a great movie, I want some specific reasons why I should go see it.
Moderator Emeritus (frozen in carbonite.)

182 Reviews

Reviews: 182
Fri Sep 29, 2006 4:16 pm
Chandni says...

Tweaked ! :D
I should not keep on, I'll just creep on creepin'on.

250 Reviews

Reviews: 250
Sat Apr 14, 2007 6:43 pm
Night Mistress says...

I like the movie. It kind of inspire me to write something like that.
"I love you," she whispered in his ear, before taking his mouth with her own.

~Elizzabeth Grey of Addicting Posion

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Sat Apr 14, 2007 7:11 pm
extrication says...

I saw the movie---thought it was mediocre. The premise was alright, but I found parallels between The Covenent and Charmed, so not very original, I guess. There were some plotholes, and of the four main characters that have powers, only three of them were shown prominently, which irked me a bit since it was supposedly about the four of them fighting evil. The only thing that sort of tickled my inner fangirl was the slash subtext and the gay kiss, but that's my slash fan talking.

The soundtrack was mediocre too---I think it would've been better if it was a little more old and new mix. Like something classical mixed with the heavy metal. Otherwise, the movie just felt like it was trying too hard to draw in tweens and the general teenage population.

Sorry, just adding a bit of my thoughts. It was an enjoyable movie, but only if you're trying to let yourself go. It's not really a movie to give some thought about.
because memory moves in orbits
of absence, because she holds her hands out in the rain,
and rain remembers nothing, not even how it became itself.
- Las Ruinas del Corazon, Eric Gamalinda

506 Reviews

Reviews: 506
Sat Apr 14, 2007 9:31 pm
Sureal says...

Saw it. Didn't like it.

Also contained some of the most stupid lines I've ever heard:

- 'I'm gonna make you my wiatch!'
- 'It was like she was bitten by loads of insects - like spiders.'

Had some pretty cool special effects, but that's about it. I suspect they hired a bunch of models rather than actors to play the roles, hence the less than steller acting. And the fact that many of them looked similiar (ie. short dark hair, tall and well toned) made it occasionally hard to tell some of the characters apart.

The plot was also basic, and and the ending plain stupid.

I also thought the whole ascending thing on one's eighteenth birthday to be rather, well, dumb.

All in all, the movie's eye-candy, and little more. I suspect many teenage girls will love it though, and wouldn't be suprised if the movie had been made with that in mind.
I wrote the above just for you.

34 Reviews

Reviews: 34
Mon Apr 16, 2007 1:26 am
HeadInTheClouds says...

*is rather ticked at being stereotyped* Well, I wouldn't say I loved it; it wasn't bad though. Some of it was a little dumb, but the soundtrack was pretty cool. I kind of felt like I was missing something though, like things would just pop up and never be fully explained.
If I don't write to empty my mind, I go mad. ~Lord Byron

Captain Jack is back May 25!

70 Reviews

Reviews: 70
Thu Apr 19, 2007 2:09 am
Pushca says...

I watched it at my Anti-Semi (which still needs a new name because I keep reading it as "Anti-Semite") and, um, it sucked.

ass.

Like really, really bad.

I officially gave up on this movie at the party scene (ya know, the first scene) and they're all outside in the winter.

Um yeah. That movie takes place 'round these parts (in these parts, mayhaps, I don't remember) and people don't party outside in the winter 'cause, it's, ya know, COLD. (Well, I will give them the Molasses Flood, but it's still irritating.)

Then comes the mediocre acting, cliche characters that I couldn't tell apart, and idiotic ending. I, my city, and the neighboring peoples are all deeply disgraced.
"Nothing I could write would be as shocking and offensive as censorship itself." -Deb Caletti

29 Reviews

Reviews: 29
Thu Apr 19, 2007 3:24 pm
The Jesseble says...

I watched 'The Covenant' last night and i enjoyed it very much. It had loads of unknowns in the beginning which is always really good and keeps pace.

Anyway, though the idea was original, it had a unique essence meh...i mean it was similar in many ways but really different in others.

The soundtrack was good too, like the music in Queen of the Damned...which is an ok film.

Tj
***The Jesseble***

Cheese Hat

49 Reviews

Reviews: 49
Tue Jun 05, 2007 7:42 pm
scrambled_pages says...

It was alright, nothing fantastic.

I have seen it about a thousand times because a friends sister was an extra in it, needless most of the time we ignored the actors and scanned the backdrop to see if we could spot her. It was too easy to ignore the plot and the acting, even having seen it several times I couldn't really tell you much about it... which usually is't such a good thing(I have seen it all the way through without scanning for my sisters friend at least once as well)...

The plot was not entirely original, but, I have seen worse... much worse*shudders*

-Gen
"There is no happiness in love, except at the end of an English novel."
-Anthony Trollope

6 Reviews

Reviews: 6
Tue Jun 05, 2007 9:25 pm
sanguine_dreams says...

I saw this, like, yesterday. My little brother loved it, too. Personally, the only part I liked was when that truck blew up or whatever. That was schweet! Other than that, pretty lame.

I also saw 300 yesterday at the dollar theater. Did they have to slow-mo every kill? Hell, man.
"My form is a filthy type of yours." -the Creature, Frankenstein

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Mon Jan 21, 2008 4:45 am
Kadie says...

Dreamy sigh.

There was some major eye candy in this movie.

It didn't have the best plot, and the acting wasn't award winning, but all in all i thought it was a good movie.

When i'm watching something, i don't sit back and analyze it. I take it for what it is, a movie. It's meant to entertain you, you're not supposed to sit there picking it apart.

I don't think you can really get into it if you're just out to criticize it in the first place.

38 Reviews

Reviews: 38
Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:04 pm
Kelsey Logan says...

oooooooooooooo...i love that show! a lot! and the main guy Caleb is hot...
KTL :P

461 Reviews

Reviews: 461
Tue Feb 26, 2008 12:03 pm
GingerLizzy says...

I actually.. Grew to hate this film and I'm not sure why. At the time it annoyed me that it was a whole male power thing, because when I think of a Coven, I think of women, aka witches.

Hm, maybe it;s just me being stereotypical, but I'm kinda sick of the whole male diminance thing in films now.

:/
Worship the ginger monkey :) aaand join my new group!

Oh, and enter my new contest!

You own everything that happened to you. Tell your stories. If people wanted you to write warmly about them, they should have behaved better.
— Anne Lamott