Wed Apr 15, 2015 2:57 am
View Likes
Nate says...

Thought this was a great article!

The Transformative Effects of Reading + Elon Musk's Reading List
by Natasha Postolovski
21 January 2015
Link to full article

If there's one thing that unites the world's most successful people, from billionaires to top scientists, it's this: they read. A lot.

Warren Buffett says, "I just sit in my office and read all day." Up to 80% of his time is spent reading and thinking. Buffet says that through reading hundreds of pages a day his knowledge builds up, much like compound interest.

Elon Musk is another famously voracious reader. "He would go through two books in one day," says Elon's brother, Kimbal. Though Musk has degrees in Physics and Economics, he is self-taught in aerospace and automotive engineering, the two primary concerns of his companies, SpaceX and Tesla.

The names I've mentioned so far are famous for their reading habits. Yet, even a broader selection of high achievers—in this case, self-made billionaires—reveals a common love for reading. Across the 14 entrepreneurs profiled in this Forbes article, those interviewed read an average of 2.6 hours per day, not including email or other correspondence. By contrast, the average American spends only 19 minutes a day reading.

The article also has this great quote from one of George R. R. Martin's books:
“A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies, said Jojen. The man who never reads lives only one.”

George R.R. Martin, A Dance with Dragons

u can't have villains exist just 2 b villains
— ShadowVyper