z

Young Writers Society

What age did you start writing at?

91 Reviews

Reviews: 91
Mon Apr 13, 2015 2:36 am
View Likes
FireBird99 says...

Well, it says it all in the title. What age did you start writing at?

I started writing when I was about 10. I wasn't always a steady writer but I worked on it. Its been my dream to publish my book Rise of the Fallen .

The sequel to The Rise of the Fallen is the book I started when I was 10. I came up with this great idea and started The Rise of the Fallen when I was about 12 and it fit in so well I decided to make it the first book.

My original story is now called The Forsaken Fallen. Its been fixed up a lot since I was 10 and its not so 'childish' I suppose. It pains me to admit but when I was 10 I named it 'Princess Getaway'. It has been changed so much since then though, including the title. Haha

Yeah, so I'm pretty much writing my first and second book at the same time xD.
Last edited by FireBird99 on Mon Apr 13, 2015 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain.

I'm not quiet. I'm just plotting.

401 Reviews

Reviews: 401
Mon Apr 13, 2015 3:43 am
View Likes
ThereseCricket says...

I started writing when I was about 12? Somewhere around there.
In Truth Unity,
In Doubt Liberty,
In all things Charity.

257 Reviews

Reviews: 257
Mon Apr 13, 2015 3:46 am
View Likes
Tuesday says...

I started writing at the age of 10(?) since i wrote this short story about a Tom Turkey in 3rd grade and my teacher said it was the best! it wasn't
What does it mean to be brave?

she/they

1007 Reviews

Reviews: 1007
Mon Apr 13, 2015 3:51 am
View Likes
TimmyJake says...

My first writing I did when I was fourteen. I started LOTS then and am still writing on it, so yeah. xD
Used to be tIMMYjAKE

141 Reviews

Reviews: 141
Mon Apr 13, 2015 4:42 pm
View Likes
Hattable says...

I mean, I learned to write long before I actually put it to use :P
Seriously though, I started writing when I was 12 (if I remember correctly).
I began work on my first attempt at a novel, which I still hope to finish (nearly four years later) called Kingdom of Mercury. Since then it's been called Kingdom of Mercury: The Kingdom Established and just The Kingdom Established but it always returns to Kingdom of Mercury. I've also thought up tons of sequels (and some prequels) to it, at first wanting to write a short series similar to it for each planet in our solar system XD
Eventually I decided to stick to Mercury. Then I realized that my characters probably couldn't survive on Mercury, so I'm debating whether to make it an alternate universe version of Mercury or just a fictional world called Mercury.

(Unfortunately, I barely touched KoM last year and I've started several other potential novels... Mercury might get a little jealous...)

Spoiler! :
My writing goals started out as:

1. Wanting to share my imagination with other people, so I started writing

2. Wanting others to actually read what I wrote ('cause no one did when I started), so I joined YWS

3. The current one, wanting to finish a novel and have an actual physical copy of it. Even if there could only be one physical copy made, I'd want it. There's just something about the thought of my own story being in "proper" book form.
"I remember I posted Klingon and it made the mods super hard" -Willard

Prok once said something about Nate and apple pie. I forget the context.

347 Reviews

Reviews: 347
Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:55 am
View Likes
OliveDreams says...

I was actually a late starter! I was probably about 22. I've always read and read and read. I'm a book maniac! I'd never even thought about trying my hand at writing one myself!

Now, I have the bug. I love it! Although…if there was a job where I could just write first chapters and then leave them there then that would be amazing! I'm a serial non-finisher which drives me nuts.
"There is a dead spot in the night, that coldest, blackest time when the world has forgotten evening and dawn is not yet a promise."

65 Reviews

Reviews: 65
Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:07 pm
View Likes
AttackOfTheFlash says...

I began writing when I was 10. My first few stories were about dogs and cats, and my first "book" idea was about a bunch of animals in the Amazon.
I then discovered Fanfiction, where I wrote Warrior cats and video game fics. I soon realized the Amazon idea was kind of immature and extremely unrealistic even for fiction, so I moved onto other ideas instead. It took me a while to get story ideas about people, haha.
Are you living or simply existing?

44 Reviews

Reviews: 44
Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:17 pm
View Likes
SkyeWalker says...

Eh, I began writing at 10. I mostly wrote poetry, but then a year later, the idea of ZAAC came into being with the help of @CuriosityCat. Now I write all sorts of things. Woo!
My pronouns are they/them.

Formerly Zhia and Reneia

173 Reviews

Reviews: 173
Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:34 pm
View Likes
donizback says...

I started writing poems at the age of 13, but in my first language. Later, when I learned English, at the age of 14, I started writing a lot of poems. I wrote about 50+ poems in that year and then I lost my diary.
That was super disappointing and I started stopped writing.
But I, again, started last year, when I was 18, because someone inspired me to write them again and gave me so much motivation to do so.
Alone is what I have, alone protects me.

21 Reviews

Reviews: 21
Tue Apr 14, 2015 3:22 pm
View Likes
Urba says...

Bla bla...I started from 6...then I was away...started again from 12...I started a novel named The Black Horse...but because of my silly father who actually tried to help...but in vain...I lost my copy...then I wrote some stories...and poems...
"Dancing slowly in an empty room
Can the lonely take the place of you
I sing myself a quiet lullaby
Let you go and let the lonely in
To take my heart again"
The Lonely-Christina Perri

48 Reviews

Reviews: 48
Tue Apr 14, 2015 3:38 pm
View Likes
TheWeather says...

Wrote as a fresh young fetus memoirs about my life to come.

146 Reviews

Reviews: 146
Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:01 pm
View Likes
Dragongirl says...

I wrote my first story when I was probably 13. It was about a Knight who gets captured by a dragon and then is rescued by a princess who defeats the dragon by kicking it in the nose.

It was notoriously horrible and was nearly impossible to read with all of its spelling errors. A year later I start my first novel when my two older sisters invited me to join their writers clue. Good times

Neither of them have really continue writing but I have been stuck on it ever since. :D
"Every writer I know has trouble writing." - Joseph Heller

~ A word to the wise ain't necessary, it's the stupid ones who need advice.~
- Bill Cosby

49 Reviews

Reviews: 49
Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:29 pm
View Likes
Josie98 says...

I finishing my first book when I was 14-15, but I had tried writing since I was 7 just never actually was able to finish anything! :) Im now working on my 5th novel, but my writing pace is really picking up now!!! :D

456 Reviews

Reviews: 456
Wed Apr 15, 2015 11:17 pm
View Likes
EternalRain says...

This is actually a kinda hard question. When I was 8 or so, I wrote short stories with horrendous drawings, but I'm not sure if that counts. Then when I was 10? I started writing this adventure story, which I haven't got around to finishing. But yeah, if mini stories count, I'd say 8.
“Fate is like a strange, unpopular restaurant filled with odd little waiters who bring you things you never asked for and don't always like.”

-- Lemony Snicket

Check out Squills!

Need a Review?

111 Reviews

Reviews: 111
Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:36 am
View Likes
TheSilentBagpipe says...

I started writing at the age of 8.
True courage is being scared to death yet saddling up anyways - John Wayne

they got that magical iridescence that you don't expect to be on a sky rat y'know
— Ari11