z

Young Writers Society

What age did you start writing at?

1085 Reviews

Reviews: 1085
Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:19 am
View Likes
Mea says...

When I was probably nine, I started writing this story about a robber who stole my piggy bank and how my sister and I teamed up to catch him. Sadly I never finished it.

I kind of dropped writing for a while after that. I was 13 when I started trying to write a book, but I never got past the prologue. I've only started writing consistently in the last year or so.
We're all stories in the end.

I think of you as a fairy with a green dress and a flower crown and stuff.
-EternalRain

I think you, @Deanie and I are like the Three Book Nerd Musketeers of YWS.
-bluewaterlily

61 Reviews

Reviews: 61
Sat Apr 18, 2015 4:26 am
View Likes
hermione315 says...

I first started writing when I was about five years old and entering kindergarten. I wrote little books about my imaginary friend named Molly. The were very simple, but fun. Yeah, I started reading and writing from a younger age than most, and it has always been a big part of me. I've grown quite a bit since the Molly books though. :)

89 Reviews

Reviews: 89
Sat Apr 18, 2015 4:55 am
View Likes
Amnesia says...

I was 4 and determined to get on the show "reading rainbow" so i started writing. I stopped when i was 7 because of personal issues at the time and it took the work of a writing teacher who saw what others failed to see, she coaxed me back into writing short stories and about 4 almost 5 years ago Little Sister was born (my current novel) it has gone through so many changes since i was 13
I want a Harry Potter reboot with Benedict Cumberbatch as all the characters~~Mem
<3 Formerly Remembrance <3

This page supports the LGBTQ community

Random avatar

Reviews: 5
Sat Apr 18, 2015 5:52 am
View Likes
AlexandraD says...

When I learned how to write in elementary.

159 Reviews

Reviews: 159
Sun Apr 19, 2015 2:29 pm
View Likes
Skydreamer says...

I started writing (as far as I could remember when I was 10) but, I was creating stories in my head since I was very little. (Like in first grade.)
I believe in that, which is not seen.
I call it truth, faith, hope, life.

~~~~Sometimes life beckons us to be different~~~~

I used to be known as thewritersdream, but now my dreams have taken flight

62 Reviews

Reviews: 62
Sun Apr 19, 2015 6:44 pm
View Likes
Poopsie says...

I kicked out "LOL" in my mothers womb before I left.

......no I am not a prodigy ;-;
The Poopsiest.

JOIN THE RABBIT SQUAD TODAY

:smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003

I am 100 Percent Garbage
USED TO BE VERSER
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

133 Reviews

Reviews: 133
Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:28 am
View Likes
ShakespeareWallah says...

I wrote a story that had something to do with stones and villages and weird people and Gandhi.

Random avatar

Reviews: 139
Wed Apr 29, 2015 11:11 am
View Likes
deleted21 says...

9. I was 9 back then. I wrote a story about a cockroach family and their wedding.

Wait! I should find that one and post here!!! xxx

359 Reviews

Reviews: 359
Sun May 10, 2015 10:43 am
View Likes
steampowered says...

It's complicated for me... I think I was about 5 when I first started writing (weird stories about dinosaurs and flying buses) then I stopped for a few years, then I started again when I was about 10 because of writing fanfiction. I stopped again for a few years after receiving some crushing criticism on a story I was proud of, and only wrote occasionally after that. Then I made friends with someone who was a keen writer, and ended up finishing a long story for the first time (with her encouragement) not long after, which I think was what gave me confidence.

I'd say my first "real" writing emerged when I was about 13. :)
Live well. Learn lots. Question everything.

108 Reviews

Reviews: 108
Sun May 10, 2015 11:24 am
View Likes
bluewaterlily says...

12 it was for an English assignment where we had to write a myth and I based my own off of the myth of the abduction of Persephone, except we had to come up with our own mythology and I wondered how the story would turn out if it wasn't the role of Persephone that was abducted but her parents.
"A poet is, before anything else, a person who is passionately in love with language." - W.H. Auden

489 Reviews

Reviews: 489
Sun May 10, 2015 12:28 pm
View Likes
Dreamwalker says...

I was 11 when I started writing with the intent of finishing a full length novel. I didn't start writing poetry till I was 18-19ish?
Suppose for a moment that the heart has two heads, that the heart has been chained and dunked in a glass booth filled with river water. The heart is monologuing about hesitation and fulfillment while behind the red brocade the heart is drowning. - R.S

113 Reviews

Reviews: 113
Sun May 10, 2015 1:35 pm
View Likes
Sherri says...

I think I first started writing in Kindergarten; since my mom had taught me how to read and write before then, the teacher let me skip that part of 'class' as long as I was either reading or writing. It was mostly silly stuff with no plot or direction. xD
I stopped for a long time, then started up again when I was 10 and kept writing up until now. I, like quite a few people up here, started back writing with the intent to finish a book of mine that had been brewing in my head for a while. It's changed so much in the last 7 years, though, that it's nearly unrecognizable all save for the layout of the land. xD When I was 12 I wrote a poem for my mom on Mother's Day for the first time, and she loved it so much my family managed to guilt me into making it a tradition. I now write poetry for every card, for every holiday, and for every person. A need for change later brought me around to darker poetry, which I now love.
* Hey, just in case this pit isn't actually bottomless, do you think maybe you could unstrap one of those long-fall boots of yours and shove me into it? Just remember to land on one foot... *
I love GLaDOS...

175 Reviews

Reviews: 175
Thu May 21, 2015 2:12 am
View Likes
Harker says...

I probably started in third grade, when I was 9 or so.

My friend had a birthday party, and I showed up early. While we waited for the guests to arrive, her mom brought out pencils and paper and told us to write some poetry (odd request, I know :D). I sat there in silence as my friend painstakingly began her poem.

Then I started to write... and I haven't stopped since.

(By the way, the poem actually ended up winning a local writing award. I was ecstatic. ;))
John. Queer guy, writer, fan of stuff.

~ Some men are born in their bodies, others have to fight for it. ~

214 Reviews

Reviews: 214
Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:48 pm
View Likes
artybirdy says...

I started writing at 16!
[center]Previously known as ArtStyx[/center]

33 Reviews

Reviews: 33
Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:50 pm
View Likes
beans says...

Probably when I was in first or second grade.

Is anyone else desperately waiting to see themselves in the quote gen?
— TheCursedCat