z

Young Writers Society

What age did you start writing at?

284 Reviews

Reviews: 284
Wed Jun 03, 2015 11:53 pm
View Likes
RubyRed says...

I started writing little kid rubbish at 9 maybe. I only started writing at 13 so it hasn't even been a year. :P
You can't blame the writer for what the characters say.
— Truman Capote

Review link below!
Ruby's Reviews

Knight of the Green Room

86 Reviews

Reviews: 86
Fri Jun 05, 2015 10:16 am
View Likes
WaltzingDreams says...

I think I was 8? It all started with a fanfic of Treasure Planet....*sigh*
"I believe I am--just a little bit--indecisive."
"You're mad."
"Name me a writer who isn't."

Don't be shy and ask for a Waltzing Review. :mrgreen:

541 Reviews

Reviews: 541
Fri Jun 05, 2015 1:27 pm
View Likes
Lauren2010 says...

I started when I was 15! I had a really rough time my Sophomore year of high school, and writing became my emotional release. Now, I'm a graduate student studying fiction writing. ;)
Got YWS?

88 Reviews

Reviews: 88
Fri Jul 03, 2015 4:28 am
View Likes
EnderFlash says...

Hmm... I started writing terrible stories around 7-9. I can't really remember. I was really into books and wanted to write fanfiction, and so it all began. I can safely say that I'm a much better writer than I was then.

125 Reviews

Reviews: 125
Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:01 pm
View Likes
PickledChrissy says...

I started a twelve, so I've been writing for about three years?
A well-regulated Militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed ~Second Amendment.

I love my guns. ;)

1162 Reviews

Reviews: 1162
Mon Jul 06, 2015 8:08 pm
View Likes
Carlito says...

This is sort of difficult for me to answer. I've been writing for as long as I can remember. I remember writing lots and lots of little stories in elementary school (which are amazing to read now!) I think it was junior high (so between the ages of 11 and 13) that I started trying to write novels. I didn't finish any of them, they typically lacked plot, and/or were copy-cats of my favorite books. I believe this is when I first started thinking about how it would be cool to be published.

I started taking writing a little more seriously in high school, but it was sort of the same as middle school. My ideas got a little better and I started to develop my voice, but I wasn't anything great and didn't finish anything. I believe in high school was when I really solidified my dream of becoming published someday. This is also when I made the shift from writing to write and writing to express myself.

It wasn't until college that I started writing seriously and started taking my publishing dream seriously. I finished my first novel the summer after my freshman year of college and have finished four to date.

So technically, I began writing young. Basically as soon as I learned how, I was writing. But I didn't start writing with the intent to be published until college.

(Still working on that publishing dream!) :)
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Ask a Therapist!
I want to beta read your novel!

Ask me anything. Talk to me about anything. Seriously. My PM box is always open <3

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Thu Jul 23, 2015 12:05 am
View Likes
Ellewt09 says...

I started writing when I was around 7 or 8 and I wrote a "book" called: Pearls War Story: Round 1. Which is actually a series I'm writing today, but the title is The Descendant of Gloss and is obviously a lot better!
I know this is embarrassing, but I actually re-wrote the first Harry Potter book when I was around the age of 9...and started on the second one but never finished. The second one was far more embarrassing than the first because I somehow made it possible that Ron was the heir of Slytherin and that Harry had a sister...it was ridiculous but I had fun writing it so I suppose that's all that matters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Sat Aug 22, 2015 3:11 am
View Likes
writer97 says...

I started wrighting in the 2nd grade so I believe I was around 6-7 years old. I read a novel called In the Forests of the Night by Amelia Atwater-Rhodes. She inspired to start writing and I have been doing so ever since.
Last edited by writer97 on Mon Aug 31, 2015 4:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Be who you were created to be, and you will set the world on fire."
-Saint Catherine of Sienna

325 Reviews

Reviews: 325
Sat Aug 22, 2015 3:47 am
View Likes
tigeraye says...

I've been writing since I was born, my first writing is still stuffed in a baby book somewhere. I started writing seriously last year, which would've made me 18. But this site is my first venture into actually sharing any of my work with anyone, I have 10+ stories written that are so bad that I plan to keep them to myself forever
dot

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Sat Aug 22, 2015 6:04 am
View Likes
LordZeus says...

tiger that's not possible. You didn't even know how to speak when you were born. Maybe when you were 2 you could've written, but certainly not before the age of one. I've been writing since i was little (like 5 or 6), but i only started it seriously when I was eight, when I read 'Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief'. that inspired me to write my own stuff. I won a couple of competitions last year, so i wanted to share my stuff with other people who have had more experience than me at writing. So i joined YWS six weeks ago :)

91 Reviews

Reviews: 91
Sun Aug 23, 2015 4:33 pm
FireBird99 says...

@LordZeus I think what @tigeraye said may have been sarcasm. ;) lol
One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain.

I'm not quiet. I'm just plotting.

223 Reviews

Reviews: 223
Sun Aug 23, 2015 4:55 pm
View Likes
Kelpies says...

I started writing absolute rubbish at 9, but I do believe that I've made some serious improvements in the 4 years since.
We are who we are, and if someone has a problem with that; that's their problem not ours.
I do believe that insane is the only way to go.

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Sun Aug 23, 2015 6:05 pm
LordZeus says...

Na @FireBird99 it was an exaggeration.

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Sun Aug 23, 2015 7:05 pm
View Likes
ickeschr says...

I started writing around 11 or 12, but really picked up around 14.

284 Reviews

Reviews: 284
Sun Aug 23, 2015 7:20 pm
RubyRed says...

Did any of you realize that the title of this forum is incorrect? It should be:

What age did you start writing.

8)
You can't blame the writer for what the characters say.
— Truman Capote

Review link below!
Ruby's Reviews

Knight of the Green Room

Keep your face to the sunshine and you cannot see a shadow.
— Helen Keller