z

Young Writers Society

Newspaper Article

78 Reviews

Reviews: 78
Wed Mar 25, 2015 1:02 am
TiffanyToy says...

Hey! So, for the school newspaper at my school I am writing an article about YWS! I am not putting in any shout outs but I want to know what y'all think I should add about the site in general! Thanks! :D :mrgreen: :pirate3:

456 Reviews

Reviews: 456
Wed Mar 25, 2015 1:16 am
EternalRain says...

Hmm, well obviously you can say it's a writing website. You probably already have this, but talking about the review/point cycle would be a nice thing (including people actually read your work, and you get constructive criticism on it). Also, the great community through YWS! And all the friends you can make, etc.
lastly, you can write about the contests/featured member/NaNoPo (I think it's called).

So yep. :D Just touching upon the general things...

Also, it really depends on what you're actually writing about for YWS. Just a review of it, and how great of a website it is, or something else?
“Fate is like a strange, unpopular restaurant filled with odd little waiters who bring you things you never asked for and don't always like.”

-- Lemony Snicket

Check out Squills!

Need a Review?

232 Reviews

Reviews: 232
Wed Mar 25, 2015 1:29 am
rainforest says...

@TiffanyToy, Well what you really can say is that YWS (preferably say the whole website name) is a website for young writers that ranges from ages 13 and up. Say some things you can do as of chat, write, review, etc. Don't make it cheesy and cliche. Make it sound interesting, like you want to sign up for it. And also mention that you can be younger that 13, but you have to have parental consent. I hope these ideas will help!
this account proudly supports lgbt rights

78 Reviews

Reviews: 78
Wed Mar 25, 2015 1:46 am
TiffanyToy says...

@CaptainSaltWater they did! Thanks!

@EternalRain it is basically a message to all of the writers in my district that sees the newspaper and reads the article that if they want to share their writing, this is the perfect site in which to do so!

The idea that a poem was a made thing stayed with me, and I decided then that I wanted to be an artist, not just a diarist. So I put myself through a kind of apprenticeship in writing poetry, and I understood even then that my practice as a poet was deeply related to my reading.
— Edward Hirsch