763 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 763
Sun Mar 15, 2015 4:33 pm
View Likes
Lava says...

Hi everyone!

Hellogoodbyefinal2.jpg

YWS is a global community and a whole lot of members on this site are bilingual or multilingual and we would like to showcase literary talents in different languages.

It's always a cool way to explore new cultures, languages and ideas in different languages and having read a few such magazine at my university, I would love to bring that to YWS.

And thus, we would like to bring out the first edition of Translature! A magazine dedicated to the multilingual talents of YWS!

This literary magazine will feature creative works by YWSers written in another language and translated into English as well. If you would also like to record yourself reading out your creative piece in the non-English language, feel free to do so, as we will add that in the magazine as well.

I hope a lot of you will submit your entries to be featured on the first edition!

If you have questions, feel free to throw it out here or via PM

The lovely @Demeter has written a great 'Translation 101' article for reference

For information on submission - click here
Last edited by Lava on Sun Mar 15, 2015 10:06 pm, edited 4 times in total.
~
Pretending in words was too tentative, too vulnerable, too embarrassing to let anyone know.
- Ian McEwan in Atonement

sachi: influencing others since GOD KNOWS WHEN.

131 Reviews

Reviews: 131
Sun Mar 15, 2015 4:43 pm
View Likes
godlypopo says...

That is a really good idea!
Our mind is a network of doorways, each one leading to a different room of thoughts and imagined ideas. Every time we read or learn about something new, a new network of doorways is born

Smile

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:25 pm
Demeter says...

Here is my article! Translation 101

@Lava do you want to include the link in your post so it'll be easier to see? :)
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

You cannot have a positive life and a negative mind.
— Joyce Meyer