z

Young Writers Society

March is National Reading Month!

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:54 pm
Nate says...

If you're not a member already, join Pawprints to celebrate National Reading Month:
clubs/1915

Pawprints is the YWS Book Club where you can discuss the books that you're reading.

But at any rate, what are you currently reading? Is it any good? Would you recommend it to others?

1085 Reviews

Reviews: 1085
Mon Mar 02, 2015 6:30 pm
Mea says...

I'm currently re-reading The Way of Kings by Brandon Sanderson. I love this book so much. It's epic fantasy at it's best, and it's really awesome. He's my favorite author.

I'd recommend it to anyone who loves high fantasy and fantasy worlds. His are so incredibly thought-out and detailed, it's amazing. (It is kinda long, though...1000 pages, but it doesn't get boring.)
We're all stories in the end.

I think of you as a fairy with a green dress and a flower crown and stuff.
-EternalRain

I think you, @Deanie and I are like the Three Book Nerd Musketeers of YWS.
-bluewaterlily

621 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 621
Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:03 pm
View Likes
Rook says...

I'm currently re-reading The Mysterious Benedict Society a.k.a. the Pawprints book of the month! :D
Instead, he said, Brother! I know your hunger.
To this, the Wolf answered, Lo!

-Elena Passarello, Animals Strike Curious Poses

763 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 763
Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:09 pm
Lava says...

Snow by Orhan Pamuk - I'm slow, but so far, I'm really enjoy it.
~
Pretending in words was too tentative, too vulnerable, too embarrassing to let anyone know.
- Ian McEwan in Atonement

sachi: influencing others since GOD KNOWS WHEN.

1634 Reviews

Reviews: 1634
Wed Mar 04, 2015 3:50 pm
View Likes
Deanie says...

I'm reading seven books >.> I have been picking up a lot of them and then felt in the mood to read something else. But the two I am enjoying most are Cinder by Marissa Meyer and Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen.

And tomorrow is National Reading Day!
Trust in God and all else follows.

Deanie, dominating the world since it was cool @Pompadour, 2014
Your username reminds me of a hotdog @Stegosaurus, 2015
Tried to make puns out of your username, but every attempt has been Deanied @Candywizard, 2015

463 Reviews

Reviews: 463
Thu Mar 05, 2015 3:27 pm
View Likes
megsug says...

I'm reading... four books right now. I'm in the same boat as @Deanie XD Any fantasy buff should pick up the Farseer Trilogy by Robin Hobb (or anything at all by Robin Hobb, really. She's brilliant). If you're late to the Gone Girl party like I am, I suggest it if you like mystery. If you're into biographies, I'm reading a good one right now called The Destiny of a Republic: A Tale of Madness, Medicine, and and the Murder of a President by Candace Millard. It's about James Garfield and very well done. The fourth one isn't that great XD
Test

240 Reviews

Reviews: 240
Thu Mar 05, 2015 3:54 pm
AdmiralKat says...

UHHHH...*looks at stack of books next to me* YUP
Whale. Whale. Whale. What do we have here?
Some scurvy dog looking at my post, eh?

1634 Reviews

Reviews: 1634
Thu Mar 05, 2015 4:39 pm
Deanie says...

You know who likes Robin Hobb @megsug? @Flite. ^.^
Trust in God and all else follows.

Deanie, dominating the world since it was cool @Pompadour, 2014
Your username reminds me of a hotdog @Stegosaurus, 2015
Tried to make puns out of your username, but every attempt has been Deanied @Candywizard, 2015

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:21 am
Firestarter says...

I'm currently tackling 2666 by Roberto Bolano, which is an absolute tome of a novel. After a couple of fairly light sci-fi novels, it's a bit of a gargantuan effort, so I hope the pay off is worth it!
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Sun Mar 15, 2015 7:09 pm
niteowl says...

Started "The Night Circus" by Erin Morgenstern last night, and by "started" I mean "read over half until I forced myself to stop and try to get some sleep". So yeah, it's a really cool fantasy about a mysterious circus that is only open at night and a challenge between two magicians. It also checks the "read solely because of the cover" box of the 2015 reading challenge.
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

494 Reviews

Reviews: 494
Sun Mar 15, 2015 7:19 pm
Holysocks says...

I'm currently reading Stardust by Neil Gaiman, and I'm quite enjoying it. I love the way British writing often sounds. :3
100% autistic

I am big enough to admit I am often inspired by myself.
— Leslie Knope