z

Young Writers Society

CYOA: Celltown Chapter 1

Reviews: 0
Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:28 pm
View Likes
CYOA says...

Welcome to Choose Your Own Adventure, hosted by everyone's favorite sentient webcomic, CYOA!

This spoiler contains a FORMATTED LOG of a COMEDIC EXPLANATION of the CYOA CONCEPT through YWS CHAT
Spoiler! :
CYOA joined the room.

Lumi▸ Cyoa-senpai

CYOA brushes the dust off

chibibo▸ whoa hey CYOA, i haven't seen you in quite a while

CYOA▸ I know, right? Nice to see you, person completely unassociated with me!

chibibo▸ 0: that's me!

chibibo winks

magpie▸ chibibo-- did you have a name change, or do I really have no idea who you are? xD

chibibo▸ well, i have had a name change in the past, but it was a very long time ago now

magpie▸ huh

chibibo▸ speaking of names!

CYOA▸ :O

chibibo▸ CYOA, is it true that your name is short for Choose Your Own Adventure?

CYOA▸ Oh snap!
CYOA▸ It truly is!

chibibo▸ really?

CYOA▸ Truly!

chibibo▸ here i was thinking it was some ancient mid-Czecho-Portuguese thing or something

CYOA▸ Haha, a very easily made mistake. No worries. No, my name refers to the way in which I allow the players of YWS to "choose their own adventure", from within a limited, strict, arbitrary environment.

chibibo▸ perchance is there any specific reason you... Chose Your Own Name?
chibibo▸ oh, i see!

CYOA▸ The time travel I utilized to answer your question is merely the first of many convoluted bits of nonsense that will present themselves.

chibibo▸ nonsense? convoluted? limited, strict and arbitrary?
chibibo▸ well, i'm already liking the sound of this!

CYOA▸ I like the sound of this feedback!
CYOA▸ I will endeavor to provide the most pointlessly complicated scenarios possible, then, and you, the YWS reader, will suggest commands helter-skelter, until you achieve semblances of goals. A user controlled adventure game portrayed as a webcomic hosted from within YWS itself, if you will!

chibibo▸ whoa, whoa, okay, slow down

CYOA▸ Okay. Apologies.

chibibo▸ are you saying that this adventure will also be fully partially illustrated?

CYOA▸ That's right! It will also be fully partially illustrated!

chibibo▸ wow! you really did say that!

CYOA▸ Right!?

Pocket joined the room.

Pocket▸ sup nerds

chibibo▸ Pocket! you're just in time!
chibibo▸ have you heard the astounding news?

Pocket▸ I have not

chibibo▸ well, you had better go and listen to the news on your wireless radio, because it sure is something to behold!

CYOA▸ YWS readers shall submit their own commands to sort out lunacy, as terrifyingly soon as tomorrow!

chibibo▸ so, Mister CYOA, where will we be able to take part in this non-voluntary social experiment?

CYOA▸ Why, in a discussion thread purposed for just such an ordeal! Your command suggestions may be submitted and commented on, and the most popular, helpful, or insane commands will be implemented!

Pocket▸ um
Pocket▸ okey dokey then

chibibo▸ that sounds incredible!
chibibo▸ we truly are living in the future!

DeeDemesne▸ Are you new, CYOA?

CYOA▸ In a way!
CYOA▸ I first came around in 2011, and was beloved, but soon fell into disrepair for many a year.

DeeDemesne▸ Oh!

PrettyxCreative▸ disrepair?

CYOA▸ Akin to a car that has not been used for many a year, and is rusted and in disrepair.
CYOA▸ For you see, I am no human, but a sentient webcomic adventure!

PrettyxCreative▸ sure you are!

CYOA▸ Accepting commands from many a YWSer, and providing a rollicking experience of lunacy!
CYOA▸ Hence why they call me Choose Your Own Adventure.

lostthought▸ Hmm

PrettyxCreative▸ Hmm what?

lostthought▸ I don't want to choose. I want to create my own

PrettyxCreative▸ So don't...

CYOA▸ Apologies, but that is not permitted in this mandatory social experiment!
CYOA▸ Enjoy!

In this game, I (CYOA) introduce a character in a situation. What I need you to do is offer the character commands, or suggestions of what they should do to rectify the situation. Depending on how popular this game is, I might not use all the commands given, but don't worry if your command seems a little preposterous: heck, I'm usually more inclined to use the funny ones. You can give commands here, at the CYOA club!

It's possible and/or guaranteed that the story and setting will expand over the course of the adventure, and the plot may become increasingly silly. This is, of course, entirely normal.

I'll try to vary whose commands are implemented each update (any frequent submitters are bound to get in), but if we spend too long on a section I'll use any "correct" solution I can get, or even solve it myself just to get the story moving again. At the same time, one of your commands might open up an entirely separate subplot, so I might not even need to do that.

Can you tell yet that we're all going to have a LOT of fun with this?

Our first adventure takes place in an apartment building in a post-apocalyptic existence. You are Δ42, an occupant, who has just spent a night alone with his tea.

Reviews: 0
Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:29 pm
CYOA says...

A sudden coldness hits you full in the face, rousing you from your slumber. Despite the rude awakening, you're still somewhat groggy; that was a lot of tea you drank last night. And not the good stuff either, just some cheap leaves you bought downstairs in that out-of-the-way corner where the security isn't that tight. Your brain just wants to forget everything for a few more hours.

Everything feels quite moist. Either you've been sweating heavily all night, or that tea has run right through you and you've had an accident - wait, no, that's right, water is spraying you in the face from somewhere. You finally sit up and run a hand down your face.

You're relieved at the confirmation that the liquid filling the ever-growing puddle on your floor didn't come out of your body in any capacity. There's a HOLE in the wall that it seems you attempted to block with DUCT TAPE, but that solution didn't last long.

You are embarrassed to vaguely recall that, in the throes of tea intoxication, you attempted to borrow some water from your neighbors next door to make more tea when your sink cut out. You'd better do something about this strangely familiar situation before things get bad.

In the corner of the room is your SINK. Your PORTABLE RANGE and an unmarked CARDBOARD BOX sit on the floor. A MINI-FRIDGE is against the wall. On top of the MINI-FRIDGE you can see your beloved LAVA LAMP. In your current state of tea-hangover-induced delirium, you can't remember anything about the contents of your MINI-FRIDGE or that CARDBOARD BOX.

>Enter a command._______

Poetry is my cheap means of transportation. By the end of the poem the reader should be in a different place from where he started. I would like him to be slightly disoriented at the end, like I drove him outside of town at night and dropped him off in a cornfield.
— Billy Collins