806 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 806
Thu Jan 22, 2015 4:30 pm
View Likes
Aley says...

The Sims: YWS EDITION

There's a new club in town!

This club is about bringing people together under multiple different roofs, and simulating a family, much like the SIMs game, but instead of being the controller of all the world, you're a SIM! When you enter into the month long family set up, you're put into a family with other users who you then have to deal with for the next month, like any other family. In these families, you give gifts, write reviews, talk to each other, encourage each other, make a family tree, and potentially even a family narrative. The best part? The family sizes will be between four and six members from all walks of life. So if you're ready to get three to five new friends this month, sign up for The SIMs: YWS Edition !

How to Sign Up

Joining is simple. First, you can subscribe to the club to get information about when the Sign Up for Februray is posted, and to get notifications about when your family has said something in the club.

When the Sign Up sheet comes out, which should happen sometime on the 23rd this month, you have a week to sign up and convince your friends to sign up too. The sign up sheet will be a basic forum that you copy the code for, and then answer the questions. When you sign up for a month, you'll be assigned to a family by the first or second of that month. It's important that you answer all the questions on the forum so you're placed in an appropriate family. If you're not, no harm done, but failure to complete the forum may result in a failure to be placed in a family.

Basically:
1) Go to the forums
2) Answer the questions
3) Post the answers

Week One

This is al the stuff you can look forward to doing with your families once you sign up.
Within the club there is a forum dedicated to things to do with your family each week. While you don't need to complete any of these challenges, they can be lots of fun. During the first week, it is all about creating a family identity. To change your family name, you have to send a PM to the staff asking them to change it [preferably the staff member who posted the thread initially,] and telling them what to change it to.

The first posts on these threads are completely customizable, so don't feel shy about providing a whole BBcode imbedded in a Code box for the staff to copy+paste over!
After the first week, you should know your family members and be ready to start giving gifts! Don't forget to present them in the thread for everyone else to know what an amazing family member you are to have and make the other families jealous not to have you.

If you have any questions about SIMS: YWS Edition, feel free to post them on this thread, or in the club.

763 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 763
Fri Jan 23, 2015 5:05 am
View Likes
Lava says...

I WANT TO MAKE EVERYONE ON SIMS.
Okay, like Sims is my brand of drug. Ugh.
~
Pretending in words was too tentative, too vulnerable, too embarrassing to let anyone know.
- Ian McEwan in Atonement

sachi: influencing others since GOD KNOWS WHEN.

131 Reviews

Reviews: 131
Fri Jan 23, 2015 8:05 am
View Likes
godlypopo says...

Sounds fun ^-^
Our mind is a network of doorways, each one leading to a different room of thoughts and imagined ideas. Every time we read or learn about something new, a new network of doorways is born

Smile

44 Reviews

Reviews: 44
Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:42 am
View Likes
SkyeWalker says...

I want to do this.
My pronouns are they/them.

Formerly Zhia and Reneia

355 Reviews

Reviews: 355
Fri Jan 23, 2015 2:51 pm
View Likes
LadySpark says...

The Sign Up for February is here!

Spoiler! :
Pinging Those who have expressed interest-
@Lava, @Zhia, @godlypopo
hush, my sweet
these tornadoes are for you

-Richard Siken

Formerly SparkToFlame

806 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 806
Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:01 pm
Aley says...

Just a couple more days until the sign up closes!

The new families will start on February 1st so if you're thinking about it, sign up before the end of January 31st.

I’ll paraphrase Thoreau here... Rather than love, than money, than faith, than fame, than fairness, give me truth.
— Christopher Johnson McCandless