z

Young Writers Society

When you were little, did you expect to become a writer?

38 Reviews

Reviews: 38
Mon Jan 19, 2015 4:02 pm
View Likes
Sarah12 says...

Absolutely not! I wanted to be a pop star. How much things have changed.
A note for all writers! If something goes wrong in your life, yell "PLOT TWIST!" and move on.

494 Reviews

Reviews: 494
Mon Jan 19, 2015 4:38 pm
Holysocks says...

Not me... I was convinced my AMAZING voice would touch the souls of people everywhere... My sister told me not to quit my day job. D:
After my singing career was botched, I figured I'd have a horse ranch. Then I lost interest in horses and realized just how boring a horse ranch might be. O.o
Then ( around age 11 12 & 13 ) I thought to be a photographer. Then I got into first aid, and I started writing at 14... and I don't think I was thinking about what I'd be... but yeah.
100% autistic

1085 Reviews

Reviews: 1085
Mon Jan 19, 2015 4:56 pm
View Likes
Mea says...

Actually yeah. I've wanted to be a writer since I was little, basically ever since I realized someone had come up with all the amazing stories I was reading. I didn't think I could do it, though, so I decided to be a librarian. Since then I've decided to try to be a writer anyway.
We're all stories in the end.

I think of you as a fairy with a green dress and a flower crown and stuff.
-EternalRain

I think you, @Deanie and I are like the Three Book Nerd Musketeers of YWS.
-bluewaterlily

93 Reviews

Reviews: 93
Mon Jan 19, 2015 4:59 pm
Lefty says...

I've always written from the time I was five or six and I'm not sure why... But nope! I wanted to be a Zoo Keeper and later to run an animal shelter. I'm still passionate about animals but my interest in those to jobs have dropped while my interest in writing has skyrocketed. I'm most interested in either writing, acting/movie making, or running a coffee shop now. I will probably write forever, but... in any case, why not do both?
Hear me out, there's so much more to life than what you're feeling now. Someday you'll look back on all these days, and all this pain is gonna be invisible. - Hunter Hayes

65 Reviews

Reviews: 65
Mon Jan 19, 2015 5:17 pm
AttackOfTheFlash says...

Nope! Actually when I was younger I didn't like reading novels. Most of the books I read when I was younger were nonfiction books about animals (I love animals and it was once my life goal to become an animal cop or a vet). Since then I've dropped the animal cop/vet goal, and I hope to get into the graphic design field and write when I'm not working.
Are you living or simply existing?

760 Reviews

Reviews: 760
Mon Jan 19, 2015 5:28 pm
View Likes
ExOmelas says...

Yup, wrote my first story when I was four. I mean, it was crappy Milkshake fanfiction, but I do believe it included capital letters and full stops.

What fools these mortals be!
William Shakespeare
A Midsummer Night's Dream

Who cares if one more light goes out?
Well I do.

Linkin Park
One More Light

260 Reviews

Reviews: 260
Tue Jan 20, 2015 1:41 am
TriSARAHtops says...

I wanted to be a vet...
if we wait until we're ready
we'll be waiting
for the rest of our lives

532 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 532
Tue Jan 20, 2015 1:47 am
View Likes
GeeLyria says...

When I was little, I'd love to come up with stories. But I didn't write them down, I would draw and like... write keywords to remind myself what was happening. I actually thought creative writing was pretty dumb and it wasn't until I turned 15 that I randomly gave it a try. Yep. That's my dark past lol.

So, basically, I didn't choose the writing life, the writing life chose me. 8) I know :') this is a very romantic story.
Noob is a state of being, not a length of time. ~Ego

"Serás del tamaño de tus pensamientos; no te permitas fracasar."

475 Reviews

Reviews: 475
Tue Jan 20, 2015 3:32 am
Apricity says...

I'm pretty sure I wanted to be a lot of things, but being a writer wasn't one of them.

I guess we found each other whilst sailing the universe.
Previously Flite

'And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.' ― Friedrich Nietzsche

~Open for business~

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Tue Jan 20, 2015 3:50 am
View Likes
Rosendorn says...

I very firmly proclaimed I would never be a writer because spelling was too hard.

You can see how well that went.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

1007 Reviews

Reviews: 1007
Tue Jan 20, 2015 4:00 am
View Likes
TimmyJake says...

When I was little, I think I wanted to be a Jedi. Now I'm a Sith. How things have changed. o.0
Used to be tIMMYjAKE

401 Reviews

Reviews: 401
Tue Jan 20, 2015 3:16 pm
View Likes
ThereseCricket says...

When I was little...

IF ANYBODY LAUGHS I WILL SPAM THEIR WALL FIVE PAGES STRAIGHT.

I wanted to be a nun when I was little, and not a writer. I dun know why, it just seemed right to me then. But the thought of being a writer had never even crossed my head, until about three years ago. Next, I thought a singer would be cool. But then I was like, "you mean I have to sing in front of people? Like they're gonna hear what I sound like.... And then I discovered that I liked writing. I wrote like 60,000 words of the absolute worst when I was 13 and 14, and then I joined YWS and got a major grammar checkover.

But now I think I'm more into piano than anything. I usually give up the time where I would be writing, and go practice piano.

So, umm, no. When I was little, I didn't know that I was going to be a writer.
In Truth Unity,
In Doubt Liberty,
In all things Charity.

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:43 pm
thepolarbearleague says...

I never thought about even being a writer. I always wanted to be a doctor then a teacher and later an engineer. I realized that i am really good with poetry only recently. :pirate3: :smt002 8) :idea:
"My grandmother started walking five miles a day when she was sixty. She's ninety-seven now, and we don't know where the hell she is."
Ellen DeGeneres

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:02 am
View Likes
Iggy says...

I wanted to be a princess...
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

172 Reviews

Reviews: 172
Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:53 am
RagingLive says...

Hmm, I would say yes. I always liked to write, though lately it has been in a tug of war with my passion for music and crafts. If I were to list all of my inspirations for careers through my short decade and a half of life, though, it would probably take me just that long to explain. (Take being an astronaut for example. In my own defense isn't every kid supposed to want to be one?)
I wrote several rough (and we're talking rough!) first drafts and to my utter surprise (and later contempt) I actually finished most of them. Then I recently discovered YWS and through that I found NaNo. Unfortunately, I found it too late to take part in this years, but I hope to next year.
'Cause your own story, is the safest place you'll ever be
~Echosmith

Love is friendship that has caught fire. It is quiet understanding, mutual confidence, sharing and forgiving. It is loyalty through good and bad times. It settles for less than perfection and makes allowances for human weaknesses.
— Ann Landers