Young Writers Society

2015 Reading Challenge

189 Reviews

Reviews: 189
Sat Jun 27, 2015 9:40 am
View Likes
manisha says...

@TriSARAHtops

I used this to find a name with a double M.

http://www.amiannoying.com/%28S%283zgff ... goryID=135

CTRL+F -> Author and found what I needed. It doesn't cover all initials though :/

Or you could try these?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lists_of_ ... ts_by_name

http://www.fantasticfiction.co.uk/
If Novels are a bucket of imagination, Short story is a bucket of imagination made to fit a mug.

260 Reviews

Reviews: 260
Sat Jun 27, 2015 11:01 am
TriSARAHtops says...

@manisha, you're fantastic. Thanks a heap! :-)
if we wait until we're ready
we'll be waiting
for the rest of our lives

1085 Reviews

Reviews: 1085
Sat Jun 27, 2015 12:25 pm
Mea says...

@TriSARAHtops and anyone else who needs it: For the initials one, I just went to my local library and started pulling books off the shelf in the right section. I ended up finding a couple that way. Now I've just got to read one of them.

You could also try browsing on goodreads, I think there's a way to browse by author.
We're all stories in the end.

I think of you as a fairy with a green dress and a flower crown and stuff.
-EternalRain

I think you, @Deanie and I are like the Three Book Nerd Musketeers of YWS.
-bluewaterlily

189 Reviews

Fri Jul 03, 2015 6:52 pm
manisha says...

6 months done and 6 more to go! How are you all faring?? I have all the tough books left to read Xd.
If Novels are a bucket of imagination, Short story is a bucket of imagination made to fit a mug.

260 Reviews

Reviews: 260
Sat Jul 04, 2015 3:36 am
View Likes
TriSARAHtops says...

I have twenty so far! Nearly halfway! Some of them are easy - I've got Noggin (which I'm reading now) for book at the bottom of your to-read pile, 'a trilogy' seems like the perfect invitation to reread the Leviathan trilogy again, Harry Potter'll cover 'book published the year you were born', My mum loves the Belgariad books, and it's been years since I first read them, so that's another one ticked off, The Fire Within and Icefire will cover 'book from your childhood' and 'book with antonyms in the title' respectively and I was thinking of picking Blue Lily, Lily Blue for the colour one, obvs meaning that a reread of The Raven Cycle is in order. Either that or I'll read A Corner of White, and call white a colour.

Lots of rereading waits for me, it looks like. Last few books I've read haven't really fitted in anywhere (aside from categories I've already filled, XD),and there's still a couple I'm going to actively hunt down. But going pretty neatly so far!
if we wait until we're ready
we'll be waiting
for the rest of our lives

382 Reviews

Reviews: 382
Sat Jul 04, 2015 7:53 am
Dreamy says...

oh
If any person raises his hand to strike down another on the ground of religion, I shall fight him till the last breath of my life, both as the head of the Government and from outside- Jawaharlal Nehru.

1634 Reviews

Reviews: 1634
Sat Jul 04, 2015 8:54 am
View Likes
Deanie says...

I've been reading lots of books... but not being able to fit them anywhere xD

After the summer though, I will read just to finish off this challenge! I know what books will fit where, and should have enough to cover all themes now. But for a book with your first and last name as initials, I am so doing my first and middle-ish-not-really name. (It's part of my first name initials because I have a double barrell one.)
Trust in God and all else follows.

Deanie, dominating the world since it was cool @Pompadour, 2014
Your username reminds me of a hotdog @Stegosaurus, 2015
Tried to make puns out of your username, but every attempt has been Deanied @Candywizard, 2015

382 Reviews

Sat Jul 04, 2015 8:59 am
View Likes
Dreamy says...

Deanie wrote:I've been reading lots of books... but not being able to fit them anywhere

^
If any person raises his hand to strike down another on the ground of religion, I shall fight him till the last breath of my life, both as the head of the Government and from outside- Jawaharlal Nehru.

189 Reviews

Sat Jul 04, 2015 1:20 pm
manisha says...

What kind of book scares you? I'm yet to fit for that.

1085 Reviews

Sat Jul 04, 2015 1:25 pm
View Likes
Mea says...

Deanie wrote:I've been reading lots of books... but not being able to fit them anywhere xD

This.

-EternalRain

-bluewaterlily

1634 Reviews

Reviews: 1634
Sat Jul 04, 2015 2:55 pm
View Likes
Deanie says...

Books about the end of the world scare me. Basically because the idea of 'the end' in itself is scary. @manisha Not like dystopian though, but more like the Left Behind series. I am gonna read the first book of those for that.
Trust in God and all else follows.

Deanie, dominating the world since it was cool @Pompadour, 2014
Your username reminds me of a hotdog @Stegosaurus, 2015
Tried to make puns out of your username, but every attempt has been Deanied @Candywizard, 2015

802 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 802
Thu Jul 09, 2015 3:48 am
View Likes
Dracula says...

*pokes people who haven't crossed any books off the list yet*
I bought a cactus. A week later it died. I got depressed because I thought Damn, I am less nurturing than a desert.
-Demetri Martin

382 Reviews

Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:01 pm
Dreamy says...

Dracula wrote:Took me forever to find this topic and it was right down the bottom. :(

Where exactly is this said bottom? I'm having trouble placing this topic, and I often end up reading a book that doesn't fit the list, at the least. D:

1085 Reviews

Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:50 pm
View Likes
Mea says...

@Dreamy It's in the Lounge, and it's been stickied so it's always at the top now. ;)

-EternalRain

-bluewaterlily

382 Reviews

Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:56 pm
View Likes
Dreamy says...

@Meandbooks Thank you! ^_^

I think the best thing about making it into the quote generator is when nobody tells you, so one day you're just scrolling and voila, some phenomenally inane thing that crawled out of your dying synapses and immediately regretted being born the second it made contact with the air has been archived for all time. Or worse, a remark of only average inanity. Never tell me when you've put me in the generator. Pride-tinged regret just doesn't taste the same without the spice of surprise.
— SirenCymbaline