z

Young Writers Society

Favorite Gifts?

179 Reviews

Reviews: 179
Thu Dec 25, 2014 6:35 pm
r4p17 says...

Well, the title pretty much says it all! Share one or two of your favorite Christmas gifts.

To start us off my favorites were a Kindle (which I was totally shocked to receive) and a couple of sweatshirts including a NaNoWriMo one!
One writer with one imagination makes thousands of new worlds and stories." ~ Anonymous author

131 Reviews

Reviews: 131
Thu Dec 25, 2014 7:32 pm
godlypopo says...

A grumpy cat book and a Xbox one :D
Our mind is a network of doorways, each one leading to a different room of thoughts and imagined ideas. Every time we read or learn about something new, a new network of doorways is born

Smile

53 Reviews

Reviews: 53
Thu Dec 25, 2014 10:39 pm
CuriosityCat says...

"I Could Pee On This and other poems by cats" and $50 for a really great art school fund.
Nothing to see here, puny mortals. Move along.

"I’m always going to embarrass myself and I’m pretty comfortable with that now."
— Misha Collins

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Thu Dec 25, 2014 11:28 pm
View Likes
birk says...

Got some fun gifts this year, most importantly; the only one I asked for. A new watch.

Now my wrist couldn't possibly look better:
Spoiler! :
"I never saved anything for the swim back."

Do not mistake coincidence for fate. - Mr Eko

they're selling razor blades and mirrors in the street

1085 Reviews

Reviews: 1085
Fri Dec 26, 2014 1:27 am
View Likes
Mea says...

@r4p17 That's what I got for Christmas last year! (Meaning my Kindle is a year old today - wow!) I was totally shocked as well. My parents are quite cheap and don't really want us to spend too much time on electronics, so it never entered my mind that they would get me anything like that!

I didn't get that much interesting stuff this year. Probably my favorites would be the Half-Price Books and Amazon gift cards. Also the ton of candy I got. Apparently nobody knew what to get me. I did some make-up, though, which I asked for since I had none.
We're all stories in the end.

I think of you as a fairy with a green dress and a flower crown and stuff.
-EternalRain

I think you, @Deanie and I are like the Three Book Nerd Musketeers of YWS.
-bluewaterlily

401 Reviews

Reviews: 401
Sat Dec 27, 2014 3:49 am
View Likes
ThereseCricket says...

Well, it's tradition now for my family to give gifts on January 6th, but something I did receive from my older sis was this super cool bracelet.

IMG_1080.JPG

She got it mainly for the reason that there is a treble clef that there in the center, but there's also this arrow that's there on the side... I told her that it was for the start of an entire new year of breaking hearts. It didn't go over well. xD
In Truth Unity,
In Doubt Liberty,
In all things Charity.

Reviews: 0
Sat Dec 27, 2014 5:23 pm
View Likes
mfoley says...

I'm a major New England Patriots fan living in Hattiesburg, Mississippi, so an autographed picture of Adalius Thomas (a former Patriot who played college ball in Hattiesburg) was awesome. Also got WITTGENSTEIN JR by Lars Iyer, which is proving to be an amazing read.
-- Michael F.

1007 Reviews

Reviews: 1007
Sat Dec 27, 2014 5:30 pm
View Likes
TimmyJake says...

This is my favorite present. heh

Used to be tIMMYjAKE

417 Reviews

Reviews: 417
Sun Dec 28, 2014 2:07 am
View Likes
Willard says...

Well, I got some pretty awesome presents, but I would like to shed light on two.

Ten bottles of sparkling water
and this

"Words say little to the mind compared to space thundering with images and crammed with sounds."

stranger, strangelove, drstrangelove, strange, willard

103 Reviews

Reviews: 103
Sun Dec 28, 2014 11:04 am
View Likes
Burrow says...

I got money toilet paper (fake) and a laptop!! and to spend it with my family! and getting to celebrate Christs birth another year!
“The end of suffering does not justify the suffering, and so there is no end to suffering, what a mess I am, I thought, what a fool, how foolish and narrow, how worthless, how pinched and pathetic, how helpless."

~Extremely loud and incredible close

Perhaps the real rickroll was the friends we made along the way
— GengarIsBestBoy