z

Young Writers Society

Secret Santa 2014! {Closed}

93 Reviews

Reviews: 93
Tue Dec 09, 2014 12:06 pm
Sylar says...

What are some of your favorite books?
Harry Potter, Paper Towns, the Giver, the Maze Runner, Fahrenheit 451, and Edgar Allen Poe.
What are a few notable hobbies of yours?
I love to make films, and play the drums/sing in my band, Faraday.
What’s your favorite color?
Eiter TARDIS blue or black.
What are a few of your favorite movies, television shows, video games, etc.?
Doctor Who, Supernatural, Sherlock, Gone With the Wind, Wes Anderson films, Beyond Two Souls, Minecraft, Lost, the Godfather trilogy, anime, Star Trek, and more stuff.
What is your favorite music genre?
RIght now I'm in love with My Chemical Romance and Panic! At the Disco
Where do you spend the most time on YWS?
Responding to thing on clubs.
A SURPRISE PARTY

FOR ME

YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE

(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-6cunaBd7A)

621 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 621
Tue Dec 09, 2014 6:37 pm
View Likes
Rook says...

What are some of your favorite books? The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss, Cyrano, Harry Potter, Percy Jackson, Ender's Game, etc. I love Sci-fi/Fantasy, though I've never read Lord of the Rings. u_u
What are a few notable hobbies of yours? Reading and Writing of course, but also singing, painting, drawing, doing backstage theatre, eating, sleeping and all those fun things.
What’s your favorite color? Gray or Purple. :D
What are a few of your favorite movies, television shows, video games, etc.? I like playing pokemon and Sega Genesis games (the good ones like Toejam and Earl and Sonic!)... I'm not much of a fan of television, and I like most movies that I've seen, but none really stick out.
What is your favorite music genre? I like good music. :P
Where do you spend the most time on YWS? >_> The chatroom if I'm being perfectly honest.
Anything else you’d like to add:
Don't feel intimidated to do something that I like. I'd rather you do something that you like and then share it. :) That way we both get a kind of gift. ^-^
communism
Instead, he said, Brother! I know your hunger.
To this, the Wolf answered, Lo!

-Elena Passarello, Animals Strike Curious Poses

1260 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1260
Tue Dec 09, 2014 6:39 pm
View Likes
Elinor says...

What are some of your favorite books? The Giver, The Great Gatsby, East of Eden, The Grapes of Wrath, The Hunger Games Trilogy
What are a few notable hobbies of yours? Writing, watching movies, baking, shopping, traveling
What’s your favorite color? Red
What are a few of your favorite movies, television shows, video games, etc.? TV- Mad Men, Breaking Bad, The Tudors, House of Cards, Once Upon a Time
Movies- Into the Wild, Star Wars Original Trilogy, Connery's Bond films, Psycho, Peter Pan (Disney), Cinderella (Disney), Misery, The Artist, Les Miserables, The Godfather parts 1 and 2
What is your favorite music genre? A Capella
Where do you spend the most time on YWS? Storybooks
Anything else you’d like to add: Nope!

All our dreams can come true — if we have the courage to pursue them.

-- Walt Disney

46 Reviews

Reviews: 46
Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:03 pm
NicoleBri says...

What are some of your favorite books? The Notebook, The Great Gatsby, The Fault in our Stars, Beautiful Creatures Series, & Twilight (all of them!)

What are a few notable hobbies of yours? Writing, reading, cooking, baking, swimming.

What’s your favorite color? Baby Blue

What are a few of your favorite movies, television shows, video games, etc.? Movies- The Notebook, Beautiful Creatures, The Fault in our Stars, Bride of Chucky (the whole collection), Ella Enchanted, & of course the whole Twilight series (well I wasn't too fond of the New Moon movie)

Video Games- Kingdom Hearts

TV shows: Once Upon A Time, Pretty Little Liars, & Secret Life of the American Teenager

What is your favorite music genre? Definitely country music

Where do you spend the most time on YWS? Looking at the storybooks

Anything else you’d like to add: Not really.. :)
Words are a lens to focus one's mind.

- Ayn Rand

93 Reviews

Reviews: 93
Tue Dec 09, 2014 11:09 pm
Lefty says...

What are some of your favorite books? The Legend Trilogy by Marie Lu (I love this series, it basically changed my life), The Hunger Game Trilogy. Currently into YA fantasy/dystopian/scifi.
What are a few notable hobbies of yours? Writing, Reading, Drawing, Horseback Riding, Dance, Guitar, Archery, Playing Minecraft, Watching Movies, Making Movies.
What’s your favorite color? Blue, Green and Purple
What are a few of your favorite movies, television shows, video games, etc.?Movies: Frozen, If I Stay, Hunger Games movies, Mortal Instruments, Penelope, Iron Man, We Bought A Zoo
TV Shows: Leverage (Love this show!), Once Upon a Time, Terra Nova, Roswell, Continuum, Falling Skies, Friends
Video Games: Minecraft, The Sims (2,3 and 4)
What is your favorite music genre? Many different kinds. Favorite artist is Hunter Hayes and Philip Philips, favorite band is Imagine Dragons.
Where do you spend the most time on YWS? Boards and Green Room
Anything else you’d like to add: Huge cat lover. I have two Bengals and they make my world go 'round.
Hear me out, there's so much more to life than what you're feeling now. Someday you'll look back on all these days, and all this pain is gonna be invisible. - Hunter Hayes

763 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 763
Mon Dec 15, 2014 4:26 pm
View Likes
Lava says...

YES YES AND YES.

IF YOU GET ME : JUST KNOW I LIKE SURPRISES. AND PANDAS.

What are some of your favorite books? Varies every now and then. Right now, off top of my head - kingkiller chronicles, Spirit Catches you and you Fall Down, Atonement
What are a few notable hobbies of yours? Read. Tumblr for panda gifs. Walking streets
What’s your favorite color? RAINBOW
What are a few of your favorite movies, television shows, video games, etc.? I miss Smash Bros. I wanna go home and play it.
What is your favorite music genre? Instrumental
Where do you spend the most time on YWS? Peepull's page.
Anything else you’d like to add: HAVE A GREAT HOLIDAY SEASON!

*Showers gold sparkles*
~
Pretending in words was too tentative, too vulnerable, too embarrassing to let anyone know.
- Ian McEwan in Atonement

sachi: influencing others since GOD KNOWS WHEN.

396 Reviews

Reviews: 396
Mon Dec 15, 2014 5:17 pm
View Likes
Pompadour says...

What are some of your favourite books?
This is hard. I have a childhood attachment to the Harry Potter series and Fred Weasley, am in love with The Book Thief by Marcus Zusak; and the Kingkiller chronicles by Patrick Rothfuss. But the books that I hold dearest have to be those in the Anne of Green Gables series. <33

Is being a Grade A procrastinator a hobby? Because I could win an award for that. I like doodling and writing idle dreams in my Maths journal. I also like writing and playing games with my younger brothers, reading about books (har har har I can hear you laughing) and doing messy, large scale projects that involve paint and sticky hands.

What's your favourite colour?
Sometimes turquoise but mostly this dark shade of blue that makes you think sky and drowning. Mrm.

What are a few of your favourite movies, television shows, video games, etc.?
I like good animated movies, especially the oldies like The Lion King and Mulan. I like fast-paced stuff, but also old TV shows like Mind your language. My Fair Lady is also loverly.

What is your favourite music genre?
I like electropop, rock, and upbeat stuff. I mostly judge based on what sounds pleasant to me, I guess, and if I like the lyrics then all is good. The Beatles are amazing; Fall Out Boy is wicked awesome. And Florence+The Machine is reaaally good.

Where do you spend the most time on YWS?
These days? The Chatroom. But I also like stalking portfolios. *grins scary grin*

Anything else you'd like to add?
With a list like that? I'm going to be nice and end this here. :P
How to format poetry on YWS

this sky where we live is no place to lose your wings

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Mon Dec 15, 2014 5:48 pm
View Likes
niteowl says...

American Gods by Neil Gaiman, Good Omens by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett, the Discworld series by Terry Pratchett. I also really enjoy mysteries and historical fiction.

What are a few notable hobbies of yours? Other than reading and writing, not sure I have any.
What’s your favorite color? Blue/purple...anything in the cool colors.
TV Shows: Crime shows (a la Criminal Minds or Law and Order:SVU), How I Met Your Mother, Modern Family
What is your favorite music genre? Pop, rock
Where do you spend the most time on YWS? Not sure...the Forums and the People tab I guess. And poetry if I feel like reviewing.
Anything else you’d like to add: Not really.
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

44 Reviews

Reviews: 44
Mon Dec 15, 2014 5:50 pm
SkyeWalker says...

What are some of your favorite books? Ahh.. Ranger's Apprentice, Harry Potter, The Claidi Journals, Percy Jackson...
What are a few notable hobbies of yours? Reading, Chewing on my ring, uhh.. Cartwheeling? xD I don't know. I like flipping, and being crazy too. Yeah.
What’s your favorite color? A pretty teal color. Or TARDIS blue. Or Emerald Green. I'm undecided. *Shrugs*
What are a few of your favorite movies, television shows, video games, etc.?Welll.. I LOVE anything BBC pretty much, so Sherlock, Doctor Who (<3), and others. Movies? STARWARS. And anything MARVEL.
What is your favorite music genre? ALTERNATIVE, heck yes.
Where do you spend the most time on YWS? Chatroom, stalking the walls of others, um, yeah.
Anything else you’d like to add: I AM INSANE. YOU ARE WARNED. xD
My pronouns are they/them.

Formerly Zhia and Reneia

170 Reviews

Reviews: 170
Mon Dec 15, 2014 6:50 pm
View Likes
yubbies21 says...

What are some of your favorite books? The Inheritance Cycle, Divergent, Mazerunner, Hunger Games, anything by Gail Carson Levine
What are a few notable hobbies of yours? reading, writing, drawing (kinda)
What’s your favorite color? Blue
What are a few of your favorite movies, television shows, video games, etc.? The 100
What is your favorite music genre? Pop
Where do you spend the most time on YWS? Everywhere!
Anything else you’d like to add: I'm a unicorn in disguise and I work at Mcdonalds.
beep

293 Reviews

Reviews: 293
Mon Dec 15, 2014 9:56 pm
View Likes
BrumalHunter says...

I know this is the eleventh hour (it is literally 11:30 PM here), but I decided to join in anyway.

Spoiler! :
PS: I finished this post after the above time, but nevertheless before 12:00 AM.

What are some of your favorite books? The Harry Potter Series by Joanne Rowling; The Chronicles of Ancient Darkness by Michelle Paver; The Chronicles of Narnia by Clive Staples Lewis; The Tiger Saga by Colleen Houck; The Icemark Trilogy by Stuart Hill; The Night Angel Trilogy by Brent Weeks; and finally, The Temeraire Quintet by Naomi Novik.

Yes, I am a lover of Fantasy Fiction, and yes, I am aware that all of the above are series. :D

What are a few notable hobbies of yours? Reading, writing, playing the recorder and violin, playing the Pokémon TCG, and studying English and Psychology.

What’s your favorite color? Indigo.(Silver and teal are the runners up.)

What are a few of your favorite movies, television shows, video games, etc.? Movies: Last Holiday, How to Train Your Dragon (1 and 2), Despicable Me (1 and 2), Frozen, and Maleficent. (I cannot remember the others!)

Television shows: Once Upon a Time, The Librarians, Bones, Castle, Unforgettable, White Collar, Survivor.

Video games: Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, ANNO 1404, Rise of Nations, Split Second, The Sims 2, Zoo Tycoon 2, and the Pokémon TCG Online.

What is your favorite music genre? Classical. (Specifically Romantic and Impressionism.)

Where do you spend the most time on YWS? The All Literary or the Green Room, busy reviewing. However, I also spend quite a lot of time in the Storybooks section. After that, the People, Forums, and Clubs tabs.

Anything else you’d like to add: Wolves = <3
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

Winter is inevitable. Spring will return eventually, and AstralHunter with it.

260 Reviews

Reviews: 260
Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:01 pm
TriSARAHtops says...

*sneaks in last minute*

What are some of your favorite books? Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein, The Raven Cycle by Maggie Stiefvater, the Leviathan trilogy by Scott Westerfeld, the Skulduggery Pleasant series by Derek Landy

What are a few notable hobbies of yours? Writing and reading

What’s your favorite color? Pale blue

What are a few of your favorite movies, television shows, video games, etc.? Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Back to the Future, Doctor Who and Grimm.

What is your favorite music genre? Alternative and indie rock

Where do you spend the most time on YWS? Probably the forums

Anything else you’d like to add: Nope :)
if we wait until we're ready
we'll be waiting
for the rest of our lives

378 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 378
Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:20 pm
View Likes
Omni says...

What are some of your favorite books? The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel series, 1984, Brave New World, and the Inheritance Series.

What are a few notable hobbies of yours? I love to act and write. I'm also a control freak c:

What’s your favorite color? I love dark colors and neutral colors. Gray and light gray are coolll

What are a few of your favorite movies, television shows, video games, etc.? Oh, there are so many! I love those intense movies. My newest favorite is Guardians of the Galaxy. I love Halo and basically any good storytelling type of game. I'm a game nerd.

What is your favorite music genre? The technical term is Incidental music, but my friends like to say Epic music. Some dubstep, chillstep, trap, things like that. Oh, I love Florence and the Machine.

Where do you spend the most time on YWS? STORYBOOKS >.>

Anything else you’d like to add: nope ^^
This account proudly supports lgbtq* rights.

sass levels loading

[he/him]

760 Reviews

Reviews: 760
Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:29 pm
ExOmelas says...

What are some of your favorite books? anything by Ian McEwan, Harry potter, time riders, Narnia, lord of the rings, The Private Memoirs and Confessions of a Justified Sinner by James Hogg
What are a few notable hobbies of yours? tennis, Magic: The Gathering
What’s your favorite color? yellow!
What are a few of your favorite movies, television shows, video games, etc.? Back to the Future, Starter for Ten, Doctor Who, Star Trek, super Mario
What is your favorite music genre? pop-punk, pub rock, whatever the Arctic Monkeys are
Where do you spend the most time on YWS? SBs and the People tab
Anything else you’d like to add: James McAvoy and Alex Turner are pwetty :P

What fools these mortals be!
William Shakespeare
A Midsummer Night's Dream

Who cares if one more light goes out?
Well I do.

Linkin Park
One More Light

1085 Reviews

Reviews: 1085
Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:57 pm
Mea says...

*decides to join in at the last minute*

Harry Potter, Ender's Game, anything by Brandon Sanderson, and A Wrinkle in Time

Reading, writing, playing the piano and viola, singing

What’s your favorite color?
Purple. Any shade.

Doctor Who, Sherlock, Merlin, TNG, The Princess Bride, Frozen, Back to the Future

What is your favorite music genre?
Classical, I guess. Whatever the Piano Guys are (which I think is a mix of modern and classical.) I basically just like any instrumental music played by a piano or an orchestra.

Where do you spend the most time on YWS?I dunno...Randomosity? Or maybe the People tab. Really, it's a bit of everywhere.

Anything else you’d like to add: Cats are awesome. :)
We're all stories in the end.

I think of you as a fairy with a green dress and a flower crown and stuff.
-EternalRain

I think you, @Deanie and I are like the Three Book Nerd Musketeers of YWS.
-bluewaterlily

Noelle, you can lead a writer to their computer and give them coffee, but you can't make them write.
— CowLogic