Young Writers Society

YWS Best Awards 2014 [deadline Jan 4]

10 Reviews

Reviews: 10
Fri Dec 05, 2014 2:47 pm
View Likes
Big Brother says...

What? Another year passed already?

That means we'll have had YWS for over ten years. That means that we'll have to adapt to writing a 5 instead of 4 and that the year will have all prime numbers.
But right now...
That means it's time for YWS Best Awards!
Credit goes to Firestarter for the majority of this post since he started it all back in 2005~

You all, the members of YWS, have the opportunity in nominating your friends and fellow members for each category according to the past year’s events and history (that is, in the YWS history of 2014). You may nominate only ONE person/piece per category. You do not have to nominate someone for every single category, but you may repeat a name you’ve already used (i.e. freakforchrist can be selected for five categories).

Send your votes in a PM to Big Brother.

Again, DO NOT post your votes here. This thread is for questions and comments only.

Categories will not be added, but you may suggest new ones for next year.

The categories:

Best Overall MemberThis is the person who can be your favourite member on the site, the one you think does the most for the site, the one who writes the best, the one who you like the most, or a combination of all of these.

Funniest MemberPretty self-explanatory! The member who makes you laugh the most.

Most Helpful Member/Friendliest MemberWho made you feel at home? Who told you how to do something you didn’t understand? Who has always been kind to you? Nominate the person you think is the kindest member.

Spam Master (a.k.a. Most Overly Active Member)The person who you think just posts way too much.

Best Reviewer of ProseThe person you believe gives the most helpful, constructive, and easy-to-understand reviews or critiques for prose (eg. stories).

Best Reviewer of PoetryThe person you believe gives the most helpful, constructive, and easy-to-understand reviews or critiques for poetry.

Best PoetThe person whose poetry you enjoy the most.

Best WriterThe person whose stories and articles you like reading the most.

Best DebaterThe person you believe presents their views, ideas, and opinions in the best way on the discussion boards (or otherwise...)

Best LyricistThe person you believe writes the best lyrics.

Best ArtistThe person you believe draws/paints/photographs/creates the best art.

Best ScriptwriterThe person you believe writes the best scripts.

Best StorybookerThe person you believe contributes and writes the best in Storybooks.

Best ModeratorOut of ALL the moderators, who do you think does their job most fairly and competently?

Best StoryQuite simply, your favourite short story or article (anything that’s not a novel!) you have seen on YWS and the author.

Best PoemBasically, your favourite poem on YWS and the author please.

Best NovelWhether it’s one chapter or the whole thing, your favorite novel or novel-in-progress on YWS and the author.

Best StorybookThe storybook you most like(d) being a part of, or the one that is the most entertaining or original.

Best Off-Topic TopicHeh, nice name, eh? The best topic on the site that has nothing to do with writing.

Best BlogWhose blog do you like visiting the most? Or whose blog makes you think, makes you sad, makes you happy, etc.?

Best AvatarWhich member’s avatar do you like the best?

Feel free to nominate yourself/your work since no one’s going to know except the judges in Big Brother. Submissions end on Friday, January 2, 2015. As long as it’s January 2 in Pago Pago, American Samoa (timezone SST), you may send in your votes. Once again, don't forget to PM them to Big Brother, and not post here!

Thread will be locked at closing. Results will be posted as soon as possible.

745 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 745
Fri Dec 05, 2014 7:06 pm
View Likes
Lumi says...

A coded copy to make some PMs easier on BB's eyes. <3

Code: Select all
[b]Best Overall Member[/b] –

[b]Funniest Member[/b] –

[b]Most Helpful Member/Friendliest Member[/b] –

[b]Spam Master (a.k.a. Most Overly Active Member)[/b] –

[b]Best Reviewer of Prose[/b] –

[b]Best Reviewer of Poetry[/b] –

[b]Best Poet[/b] –

[b]Best Writer[/b] –

[b]Best Debater[/b] –

[b]Best Lyricist[/b] –

[b]Best Artist[/b] –

[b]Best Scriptwriter[/b] –

[b]Best Storybooker[/b] –

[b]Best Moderator[/b] –

[b]Best Story[/b] –

[b]Best Poem[/b] –

[b]Best Novel[/b] –

[b]Best Storybook[/b] –

[b]Best Off-Topic Topic[/b] –

[b]Best Blog[/b] –

[b]Best Avatar[/b] –
I am a forest fire and an ocean, and I will burn you just as much
as I will drown everything you have inside.
-Shinji Moon

I am the property of Rydia, please return me to her ship.

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Fri Dec 05, 2014 8:47 pm
View Likes
Iggy says...

Important!

Please please please include links when you PM your votes to Big Brother! It will make things so much easier to tally up and it helps the poor YWS staff save time by not having to hunt down the link in question.

Thanks!
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

802 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 802
Sat Dec 06, 2014 8:13 am
View Likes
Dracula says...

I think winners should get special trophies because 2014 is the ten year anniversary of YWS.
I bought a cactus. A week later it died. I got depressed because I thought Damn, I am less nurturing than a desert.
-Demetri Martin

62 Reviews

Reviews: 62
Fri Dec 12, 2014 1:55 am
Poopsie says...

Vote verser for cheapest person on YWS X3.
The Poopsiest.

JOIN THE RABBIT SQUAD TODAY

:smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003

I am 100 Percent Garbage
USED TO BE VERSER
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Sat Dec 27, 2014 7:15 pm
Iggy says...

*le bump*

Only a couple more days. Get those votes in!
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

10 Reviews

Reviews: 10
Sat Jan 03, 2015 9:07 pm
Big Brother says...

The Best Awards deadline has been extended to January 4th, 2015! As long as it’s January 4th in Pago Pago, American Samoa (timezone SST), you may send in your votes!

As always, please PM your Best Awards votes to Big Brother. Do not post them in this thread.

Remember that your vote could be the deciding factor in determining a certain category's winner!

Irrigation of the land with seawater desalinated by fusion power is ancient. It's called 'rain'.
— Michael McClary