Young Writers Society

The YWS 2014 Yearbook!

280 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 280
Sat Dec 13, 2014 5:14 am
View Likes
Nutty says...

So even when I don't come here often I almost always stalk the yearbook for some reason? Like, "yo guys who I still talk to, I pretty much talk to you every day BUT WHAT DID YOU SAY THIS TIME."

Oh man, now's the bit where I've got to remember the usernames. OKAY.

@chibibo FUNNY YOU SAY THAT. LOOKS LIKE YOU'RE TOP OF MY LIST AS WELL. Maybe this means something? WE SHOULD TOTALLY GO OUT.
No but seriously thank you for cheering me up all the time you're perf. It's nice just knowing you're there in one sense or another on skype, even when we're not talking. That's like our sad-long-distance-version of sitting on the couch together, I guess hahahaha. I think maybe one of the reasons I love MLP so much is because I watch it with you. You even gave me a mouthful of your dr pepper once THAT'S TRUE LOVE RIGHT THERE.

@Insomnia YOU NEVER COME ON THIS SITE. There's pretty much nothing I can say on here that we haven't already talked about. You're my best friend and I'm pretty sure you know me inside and out by now. THANKS FOR ALL THE SITTING AROUND COMPLAINING TIMES. and the alcohol. AND THE MOVIES. And the cats! Can we get a cat? I want a cat.

@Lumi tyiluty can you come to the southern hemisphere already bring bloo?? We need to get those crests together! Also we need to sit together and I can art and you can poet and together we can take over the world be productive?

@supernintendo Heeeeey booooolteeeeh. You're like, one of the smartest humans I know. Seriously, if anyone else here is reading this, bolteh is so good at tvs you wouldn't even know. Bolteh is the TV MASTER. Also you are awesome and going places and I hope one of those places is down here to visit me and cheeb and insom one day okay

@hiverious YOU"RE PROBABLY NOT GOING TO READ THIS but thanks shun for being an awesome friend. You're sometimes the only one up at the same crazy hours as me and sometimes you are so smart I think the things you tell me go over my head a bit but they're still so interesting so thank you for sharing the thoughts with me anyway. Also thank you for all of your advice, and thank you for making sure I'm still doing human things to maintain my human self

@Octave gosh you're smart. And pretty. Like, seriously, how did you turn into a perfect person????

@LowKey HEY CASS I MISS YOU I HOPE YOU'RE DOING WELL

@Aet Lindling are you even still on the site? ANYWAY I know things got weird but I hope you're in a good place now k STAY SAFE

@JabberHut JAAAAAAAAAAABBS are you still writing I miss reading your posts and also you how are you

@Sachiko BUTTER. (also I still have cloud and he's still the best thing ever.) (I miss yelling at you.)

@ScarlettFire IS THIS STILL YOUR USERNAME? IDK. HEY SCAR. HOW ARE YOU?

@PenguinAttack Peeeengu <3 I hope your life is being the best thing foreverrrr.

@Rosey%20Unicorn IT'S FUNNY WE DON'T TALK BUT I READ YOUR TUMBLR SO IT FEELS LIKE WE DO TALK? HI!

@Firearris Yo. Haven't talked to you in forever, hope you're still being awesome.

@Alteran @Rydia (I almost tagged kitty15 then) @Bella @Alice I PRETTY MUCH STILL STALK YOU ALL ON FACEBOOK, HAHA. Hope that's not weird. *jabs all with spork*

and a special thanks to @Lumi @hiverious @Supernintendo @Insomnia and of course @chibibo for putting up with my grumpy, spacey and often anti-social ass recently class has been killer and I'm glad I can be sh*t around you guys and not have to pretend to be less than shit that's pretty valuable to me

OKAY YEARLY NOSTALGIA TRIP TO YEWIS IS COMPLETE maybe you will all see me around occasionally maybe
Last edited by Nutty on Sat Dec 13, 2014 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It's not easy having a good time. Even smiling makes my face ache.

270 Reviews

Reviews: 270
Sat Dec 13, 2014 7:32 am
View Likes
fireheartedkaratepup says...

@Lumi. you've started taking care of me a lil bit. thanks for that.

@Snoink I respect you. you're a wise, fine individual. thanks for standing up for me--not for me, really, but it felt like it--the other day. i appreciated it more than i can communicate.

@Payne thank you for still messaging me. i'm not good at friendship right now. i should message you more often.

@reason i'm sorry for being a bad friend too. i still like you and stuff.

@Vasticity come back.
"Ok, Lolpup. You can be a girl worth fighting for."
--Pengu

51 Reviews

Reviews: 51
Sat Dec 13, 2014 7:34 am
View Likes
Mira says...

I haven't officially been on the website that much this year, but I did make a review, so that has to count as something. I've missed YWS!

I'll give a shoutout to everyone here. You're all awesome.
"Smiles make the world go round." ~ Me

131 Reviews

Reviews: 131
Sat Dec 13, 2014 8:44 am
View Likes
godlypopo says...

@AlexSushiDog for being such a cool friend :)
@Noelle Thanks for showing interest in my random statuses :)
@SnazzyPencil Thanks for the Interesting conversations and being fun to talk to :)
@WritinginRome I hope you're doing a great job on your book :) Also I miss you :p
@KatGirl Thanks for the welcome to the site :)

Merry christmas and a happy new year!
Our mind is a network of doorways, each one leading to a different room of thoughts and imagined ideas. Every time we read or learn about something new, a new network of doorways is born

Smile

232 Reviews

Reviews: 232
Sun Dec 14, 2014 2:40 am
View Likes
rainforest says...

Well this year is coming to an end fast! This has been my very first year on YWS as some of you may know. So, thanks for the great first year guys! I would like to give some shout outs to some amazing people!

First off...

@wisegirl22: Thanks for being so amazing! When we first met, I was so mind boggled my your age and your talent! But you made me realized, when you put your mind to something, you can do anything.

@Thewriter13: Thank you for welcoming me to the site! You were one of the first people to! Thank you for that great first day!

@SARAHJO: Also, thank you for thanking me to the website! You are an amazing bundle of fun, talent, and happiness!

@jazzydracula: You are always one demigod who has my back! You're funny and really friendly! And very jazzy!

@RavenMoonStone: You were the very first person I followed, (other than Big Brother.) You are extremely amazing! You greet every new member as soon as possible!

@GeeLyria: I have never met a person like you! I love you much! You are an amazing member on YWS!

@Iggy: At first when I met you, I thought you hated me for calling you Iggy Azalea. But it turns out, you really turned out to be a really nice person. I am glad I met you! :)

@ThereseCricket: You are so amazing! You are very funny, you are very nice, and I have no clue what I would do without you.

And to everyone else I met who has a special place in this comment,

@TimmyJake, @Omni, @Burrow, @SecreteJournalist, @KatyaElefant, @Gravity, @Zhia, @niteowl, @IamTraunt, @Nightcrawler, @godlypopo, @Lumi, @r4p17, @alexlynn4u, @writer88, @musicandme, @annardj12, @Hannah, @turtlethatroars, @Sunshine1113

Sorry if I forgot you. Happy 2015 everyone!
Last edited by rainforest on Thu Jan 08, 2015 12:04 am, edited 4 times in total.
this account proudly supports lgbt rights

802 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 802
Sun Dec 14, 2014 2:54 am
View Likes
Dracula says...

This was my first year on YWS and I've had so much fun! There are too many people to mention so I'll just give virtual hugs to ALL of you! *hugs x 1,000,000*

Draco dormiens nunquam titillandus.
I bought a cactus. A week later it died. I got depressed because I thought Damn, I am less nurturing than a desert.
-Demetri Martin

377 Reviews

Reviews: 377
Mon Dec 15, 2014 3:02 am
View Likes
Snazzy says...

This is my first year on YWS, and it's the BEST SITE EVER!!! :D :)
Thank you,
@BookWolf for your love of Warrior Cats, and willing to review :D
@godlypopo for your hellos, each time I get on :D
@Em101cats for your fabulous series (Forbidden Shadows) :D
@KatGirl for, well, your love of cats :D
@Thewriter13 for your friendliness :D (if that's a word... :D )
@ThereseCricket for your wonderful avatar... :D
These are only a few of the FABULOUS people on this site!!! :D If I listed all of you guys, this would be WAY too long.... :D Thanks guys for the wonderful year!! :D :)
Disciple of Christ • Coffee Addict • Poetry Consumer

Formerly SnazzyPencil

109 Reviews

Reviews: 109
Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:58 pm
View Likes
ajruby12 says...

I suppose I'll have to give some sappy happy blurb...

Definite top of my list is @PeanutPhoebe , for being an awesome best friend, co-author, sister I never had, and the gleeful owner of almost every secret I've ever had. (Prime blackmail material too). Being both authors, there can be times where we have some, *ahem*, slight disagreements about the story's content. But in the end, she wins. :)
(Because I appreciate her so much)
"There are worse crimes than burning books. One of them is not reading them." - Ray Bradbury

207 Reviews

Reviews: 207
Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:49 pm
View Likes
Rin321 says...

Hey, I want a spot to! Some people are mentioning others, for memories, so here are some of mine.
I have only been a member for a short time, but I love it here, with the support, and people like me with the love of reading and writing! so yeah, there is some great people on here, and I want to mention some:
@ForgottenMemories- Mem was one of the first people I really talked to on here, and I thank her for the friendship, and guiding she has done for me!

@RosePetal8965 -This is My BFF on here, and in real life! Without Rose, I would not even know of this site! so big thanks to Rose, FOR EVERYTHING! Love ya sissy!

Other great friends on here(I would write about everyone here, and car for them no less, but I really do not have time at the moment!
@TiffanyToy,@Zhia. @dragonlord, @CuriosityCat ,@Sunshine1113, @Chanta1234, @WrittenGirl46, @yusraali, @PerfectWeapon,@Pompadour, @Iggy,@r4p17, @WaltzingDreams, @ddman18, @Iamaprettyunicorn

Thank you to all those YMS people! Love ya guys!
Last edited by Rin321 on Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
I am a funtastic awesome writer-
what are you?

You are an awesome writer as well-that is what you are

:superman: :superman: :superman: :superman: :superman: :superman: :superman: :superman:

78 Reviews

Reviews: 78
Wed Dec 17, 2014 2:22 am
TiffanyToy says...

All my shout outs. You know why you were chosen. Lol.

@Zhia @CuriosityCat @Collideascope @ilovegeeks @dragonlord @CHRISSY321 @starfire @PerfectWeapon @Lumi and sooooo many others. I just love this site and feel so welcome no matter where I am!! I love everyone on here!! Thanks so much, everyone!

121 Reviews

Reviews: 121
Wed Dec 24, 2014 1:59 am
View Likes
WritingWolf says...

I just want to name a few really awesome people...

@Sunshine1113
@FatCowsSis
@KatyaElefant
@TimmyJake
@lostthought
@RavenMoonStone
@Thewriter13
@Messenger
@GoldFlame

You guys are all great. There are others who I could say the same about but you are the ones who stand out. Thank you all so much for being my friends. Have a happy new year. :)
~You can only grasp what you reach for~

103 Reviews

Reviews: 103
Sat Dec 27, 2014 5:13 am
View Likes
Burrow says...

I have only been on YWS for maybe a few months, but I feel like I have been here a long time, I just need to say a few thankyou to some people who actually really helped me, or made a difference to my writing or my life in generals. So to kick of.

@EscaSkye How do I start, every time I talk to you I try to think how we ever started talking, anyway I am very happy we did. I love your story's, and I hope I am not do annoying about sci-fi. A lot of them time we just say hello to each other and that is it, but some days we talk to each other, about stories and serious topics, you help me do understand how the world works, and your views on things. And so to sum up, you would be a great sci-fi writer, and you need to write Project love quicker :(

@Flite I don't really think I mean all that much to you, but I like you as a person so very much, you are always helping me when something in SD & D confuses or offends me, you help me with my writing, and you are always fun to talk to along with everyone else on chat, when there is only a few of us on, we have great conversations! I look up to you, and I love the way you go about life, I am always telling you my problems, and you just go along and say. Haters gonna hate, its silly but I love it.

@Strangelove well I think I haven't known you for long, but I enjoy talking to you, and think your sense of humour is amazing, you really seem like a nice guy, and always know how to break the awkwardness!

@ArcticMonkey I haven't really ralked to you except once, but that was a talk I really needed, and it really helped me, so thankyou, you don't know how much you helped.

@ScarlettFire you are really nice to me, even though I am a bit odd, I love when we get into important conversations about the world, it makes YWS what it is to me. I love your works, and am so impressed that you are published, I wish I was like you. Thanks for everything you do for me, and your help with my stories. I love your avatar by the way!

@artemis15sc we have stopped talking for a while, you probably have forgotten about me, but I still remember you, and you are a good friend to me, I love your works, and wish I could write at the speed you do, it is very impressive, and I love your taste in batman!!

@Holysocks you probably think I am a bit weird, but I think you are a good person, and a real nice guy/ girl. I would love to talk more!!

@MeandBooks thanks for the reviews, and suggestions, and the few conversations we had, they were very fun!!

@ThereseCricket well I haven't talked to you much, We always talk for like 5 minutes then one of us have to leave, but you seem like a really nice girl, and I would really love to talk to you more, and I love your dori obsession.

@Dreamy had to mention you, because a few weeks ago, you really helped me get up and out of a hole, so thanks, you don't know how much you helped me.
:D

@Jazzydracula again another person who probably dosent notice me, but I really like you as a person, and you seem like a nice one, I would love to talk more often, have a great day!!

@Noelle we don't really talk, but you always seem to be nice to me, and try to offer me advise so thankyou.

@FireBird99 we have talked a bit, and you are always complementing me on my stupid stories which really helps me keep writing, so thankyou, we should really talk more!!

@ForgottenMemories I hope you actually even know who I am, I really think you are a great person, and I hope that we can talk more than we do, I love your stories by the way!!

@Marc you really helped me that one day, thankyou so very, very much.

@DrFeelGood I really love your work, and sometimes we talk, and I really enjoy that.

@AlmondEyes we talk sometimes, but I enjoy when we do. We should talk more.

@unknown391625 thanks for the banner, and going out of your way for me, I totally support your Percy Jackson obsession, and wish to join you!!

This is in no particular order, just how well my memory works.

I am sorry if I forgot anyone, I have a horrible memory sometimes.

Thanks to everyone on this site, you mean the world to me.

Jack
“The end of suffering does not justify the suffering, and so there is no end to suffering, what a mess I am, I thought, what a fool, how foolish and narrow, how worthless, how pinched and pathetic, how helpless."

~Extremely loud and incredible close

133 Reviews

Reviews: 133
Sat Dec 27, 2014 3:50 pm
View Likes
ChipsMcCoy says...

Well, YWS has been very good to me. It taught me how to take criticism gracefully (for the most part) and how to develop myself as an individual writer. It's literally a part of my life now. I've gotten to know some crazy, I mean, awesome people! I'll trrryyy to keep it short and sweet. Apologies if anyone is or feels forgotten. This is in no particular order. So here it is.

@Deanie

You were probably the first friend I made on here. You are a truly inspiring individual who gives killer reviews! Our chat conversations always lead to food at some point which is hilarious, we really connect on a food level. I feel like I can tell you anything and can joke with all at the same time. We share the same music taste and a love for tea (take that coffee drinkers!) which is the best invention since sliced bread XD. It's a shame school has gotten in the way of our convos for the most part but never fear school will end one day lol. Stay awesome Dean Bean. <33

@Messenger

I don't even know where to start with you. Our friendship consists of us competing with each other over silly things, its so much fun talking to you. You were one of the first friends I made on here, and you've put up with my "unique humor" for a while now which implies you secretly enjoy it. You're a great reviewer and an awesome friend. Our spam wall battles were a lot of fun, which you gotta admit I won most of them, or so I like to think. You respond well to my weirdness, so I have to commend you on that. Our Panda revolution was great also, Panda 2 ;). Hurry back to YWS you're being missed! I hope you stay around for longer. Stay snazzy <33.

@EmeraldEyes

I miss you sooooooooooooooooo much. You are literally the one person I tell everything to.You're an amazing friend. We had a lot of laughs and discussions in our chats. You were a great help when you run the literacy classes. We have too many memories to count. I love how honest you are and that you accept my weirdness and my turtle for what they are. I know school has probably taken over both our time but whether you see this or not, ILU, red. Stay original <33

@MasterGrieves

Adam's apple!!! I miss you also. It feels like you've been gone for like 100 years. We had fun times in chat, you are hilarious and your poetry is out of this world. You should consider writing a collection of all your poetry, I'm sure it would be a bestseller. I remember listening to your unique taste in music, we both are fans of The Smiths and Vampire weekend, (Diane young = dying young XD) I do enjoy weirding you out and I hope it works for the most part. You're a really good friend. I would buy you the Greggs shop if I could XD. Stay Cool <33.

@r4p17

It's been great getting to know you these past couple of months, you're one of my closest friends on here now. I love how you aren't taken aback by my randomness, you just join in and go with the flow. You're funny and nice to talk to. We've got our unique storybook in progress, which has been fun working on it with you. #Pompous. <33

@Draknghar

Baeeeeeeeeeeee. I still know you as Lapis, since you were Lapis when we got to know each other. You're a tower of awesomeness (great use of metaphor, i must say) and you're a really sweet person. But you may take over the world one day with your intelligence with computers and many, many other things. Our Haskell lessons were fun while they lasted, it was an interesting experience. I feel like I can talk to you about anything with no judgement passed and that's a great characteristic to have. Stay spectacular. <33

@Ozz

Ozzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz! You are really cool. Our conversations are always fun when we get the chance to speak. I like that you've taken an interest in chemistry, I would tell you a chemistry joke but all the good ones Argon. You're a really nice person and you're funny. I like that you just go with the flow, like Edgar allen Poe (a rhyme felt needed). We've had so many laughs in our chats to count. Stay rad. <33

@TheWeather

Yeah, um. I felt obliged to put you here jk, you better return the favor. You're not a bad cousin to be honest (for the most part :P ). Our pranks are hilarious, well, when I succeed in them. I like how independent and sure of yourself you are, though you need to be nicer to my Turtle :L. Your blunt humor is funny and you are actually a good writer when you put your mind to it. You're highly intelligent and will probably be the next Pythagoras. I'll probably regret writing this, enjoy my sappiness for now. Stay square rooted. <33.

@ThereseCricket

Thereseeeeeeeeeeeeeee. You humor and love for guns is really interesting. I love that we both share a satisfaction in annoying TheWeather. You're a good reviewer, you have many shiny stars! I like that you understand my turtle and I. I look forward to chatting with you more. Stay fiesty. <33

@TimmyJake

I'm just going to start off by saying Tea rules!! You're an awesome person, Tiny Tim. Our chats always go off a weird tangent which is so funny. You give really good reviews, I hope to get as many starts as you one day, if my procrastination levels are low enough. You should be our YWS mascot. I love that we are both Team Turtle too btw. Stay tiny (so i look taller) XD <33

@Skydreamer

Your statuses are so inspiring, they literally uplift my day and encourage me so continue to post them! You're a really nice person and you're funny too. We both share a love for vintage items and antiques.I'm glad we've been getting to know each other this year and I hope we continue to next year too. Stay gone with the wind fabulous <33

@Hadj

I gotta give you props, because thanks to you I can (kinda) play chess now. It was fun versing you and, even losing to you was pretty fun! You're a skilled player and you're hilarious also. Stay checkmated. <33

@Craz

Your craziness makes my days on YWS enjoyable. Don't ever become normal. Us aliens need to stick together. Stay crazy, Craz <33333333333333

@Strangelove

Our conversations were always hilarious. Your sense of humor is great it doesn't quite make sense which I love. Stay Strange. <33

@PervadedByDarkness

They aren't many pervs in my life, but I gotta say, you are my favorite dark perv. Stay pervaded <33

78 Reviews

Reviews: 78
Sun Dec 28, 2014 3:58 pm
View Likes
Hadj says...

ChipsMcCoy wrote:@Hadj
I gotta give you props, because thanks to you I can (kinda) play chess now. It was fun versing you and, even losing to you was pretty fun! You're a skilled player and you're hilarious also. Stay checkmated. <33

Aii thanks for remembering that I exist, I've been kindof away lately.

Annnd while I'm here I guess I'll do this thingy.

@ChipsMcCoy for being the best chess player ever and being really fun to talk to
@unknown391625 for not forgetting that I exist!
@thewriter13 @BiscuitsBatchAvoy because soccer>>>>tennis and because you guys are both great friends
@ERZA for drawing a beautiful version of Eira from my book ^.^
@Marc for being a great friend, fun to talk to and for having really cool story ideas
@Draknghar for being a cool programmer and for the memories of our codegolfing
@AlexSushiDog for being a scary bushman and scaring off my uncle

And I'm missing so many people but I'm tired. Sorry if I forgot you, you all mean so much!
Lullabies and storybooks
And poems and other lies
Will make you happy and make you dream
But seldom make you wise

75 Reviews

Reviews: 75
Sun Dec 28, 2014 4:35 pm
Eldritch says...

I thank @AnaMin for being loyal and for not losing hopes so fast! Just good luck to her for 2015, going to be the most hard year of her life.

Thanks buddy, you always cheer me up! :D

“Hope” is the thing with feathers - That perches in the soul - And sings the tune without the words - And never stops - at all -
— Emily Dickinson