z

Young Writers Society

Cigarettes and Alcohol?

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Wed Jan 26, 2005 2:33 am
View Likes
QiGuaiGongFu says...

if your a devout moslum you'll never drink. some sects forbid smoking as well.
For centuries, theologians have been explaining the unknowable in terms of the-not-worth-knowing.
- HL Mencken
Lie together like butt.
Presenting the GFuture, soon to be the Gnow, reality presented by Google.
Welcome to GEarth.
~Baske in the randomness~

145 Reviews

Reviews: 145
Wed Jan 26, 2005 3:25 am
View Likes
Tara says...

Alchhol when I was...really young. They would give me wine or something on new years and thanksgiving. If your talking about liquor....then 12. Smoking, when I was 14.

I never let any of these things turn into habits. Quite nasty, remember that!
"You can go a long way with a smile. You can go a lot farther with a smile and a gun." -Al Capone

Reviews: 3
Wed Jan 26, 2005 4:31 am
alcina says...

all right confession time! *sigh*

my parents dont care if i drink in front of them as long as i dont really drunk. my parents drink in moderate amounts. my dad has to have a glass of wine everday, its doctors orders. so sometimes he wil give me a glass. i like alcohol, not all just some. i like expensive wine which my dad will buy and of couse he will let me have. if my brother opens a beer i'll take also. but i'll never take by my self, y' know just open a bottle 2 drink. and i have never gotten drunk cuz i think it's so disgusting. but on the weekends my parents will get a cosmo or a martini and they'll get one for me. they would rather see me drink in front of them then sneak it. in a way they r right, i dont have desire to do it cuz its not forbidden to me.

smoking, i thinks its a terrible habit. i know someone who died from it. my dad used to smoke but he quit over 20 yrs ago. i dont think i'll ever take it up.

19 Reviews

Reviews: 19
Wed Jan 26, 2005 5:43 am
View Likes
hawk says...

thats what my parents said, if i'm going to drink or smoke, they'd rather it be around them.
"Meanwhile everyone wants to breathe and nobody can; and many say, 'We will breathe later.' And most of them don’t die because they are already dead." -- Graffiti of the events of May, Paris '68

137 Reviews

Reviews: 137
Wed Jan 26, 2005 4:47 pm
View Likes
Wulie says...

eep soy I know how you feel I feel like a complete sinner... I've drunk since I was 13 or so my mums always bee quite open to my having a little bit of a beer or wine or whatever at festive times or just other random times... She knows I get totally hammered at partys and yes I've been to the puke up your insides and die slowly stage DON'T DO IT! Somking yes vile habit you may say and I agree but I do smoke now and again because I get so wound up it helps you unwind so much you wouldn't believe... but I haven't smoke since erm *thinks* october so yay!!! I'm guessing you're all from the U.S.A so its so very different there in the uk drinking smoking and drugs seems to be a normality!
muchous love wu
'Sadistic lies we form like the web of a spider, the truth we hide like our flaws.'

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Wed Jan 26, 2005 4:54 pm
View Likes
Firestarter says...

I drink a bit. I mean, I have the odd beer at my friends. Get drunkish every few weeks at a party. That's it really.

Also, I don't know why alcohol has anything to do with being a sinner. Many times in the bible, there are references to being in taverns and wine, and ale.
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

137 Reviews

Reviews: 137
Wed Jan 26, 2005 5:03 pm
View Likes
Wulie says...

I don't see it ias a sin either but around every one else who has posted hardly any of them have drunk etc - compared to how we are in england its strange...
'Sadistic lies we form like the web of a spider, the truth we hide like our flaws.'

103 Reviews

Reviews: 103
Wed Jan 26, 2005 5:58 pm
View Likes
Tessitore says...

I don't think it's a sin either. Hey, I'm having a good time. Shut up.

It was especially fun last time I got drunk since I was talking on AIM to my ex b-f. LOL, that was very amusing. It's really bad when you slur typed words. And I kept on saying, "Hold on, I think I can handle another shot, brb". I ended up having some 8 shots of Tequilla that night. Including the three that were in my margareta. That softened me up for the straight-up ones that came later, I think.

All that stuff they tell you about "not feeling it" after a few shots... true. Very true.

But I usually like wine.

I also have a very low tolerance of alchohol and it takes me only a tall glass of wine to get me pretty damn tipsy.

And what's the fun in life if you don't get drunk at least a few times? Puh-lease. No, don't get fall-down-dead or projectile-vomit drunk... but get drunk! It's fun! *if you're a happy drunk. don't get mad, get glad, damn it*
I'm not even angry... I'm being so sincere right now.
Even though you broke my heart.
And killed me... And tore me to pieces.
And threw every piece into a fire.
-"Still Alive"- GLaDOS

24 Reviews

Reviews: 24
Wed Jan 26, 2005 6:22 pm
marzipan says...

Ha. I must admit - I have baaaad parents. No, I'm joking, but they are a little over-trusting in the alcohol department. If I was the sort, I'd easily be able to get hammered at my mother's 50th. But, not only am I the good child, but I seem to hold my alcohol extremely well. One time I had some scotch, some tequila, some beer, some wine...all I got was weak knees. Plus I've got this Godmother type thing who seems intent on turning me into a drunk. I don't think I've ever been more that tipsy.

But I've got these little 13 year old friends who are obsessed with getting as drunk as possible. It's sad. I throw things at them.

And last month my brother got so drunk he started barfing blood. I think he has an ulcer. He's sworn not to drink, but I don't believe him. I really don't want him to be an alcoholic...but it's in our blood. Not to say that's any reason not to fight it.

I've smoked cigars and liked 'em. I must admit it.

But all you who claim you'll never try, good on ya. I doubt it, but don't give it up. We need more people like you.

Random avatar

Reviews: 11
Wed Jan 26, 2005 8:37 pm
View Likes
scissorquiz says...

im smoking a cigarette right now and there are two empty half gallons bottles of vodka somewhere in my room.

it's fun to get drunk, and i like smoking.

915 Reviews

Reviews: 915
Thu Jan 27, 2005 7:56 am
View Likes
Incandescence says...

I don't care what you do. I don't reccomend smoking or drinking. Particularly smoking, because no matter how much cologne/perfume you put on you'll still smell bad.

A perfume laden ashtray is an amusing image.
"If I have not seen as far as others, it is because giants were standing on my shoulders." -Hal Abelson

Reviews: 3
Thu Jan 27, 2005 6:12 pm
View Likes
Lara St. Muerte says...

well im on opposite ends here indeed. ive never smoked a cigarette ever in my life. dont have a problem with people who smoke. ill sit in a smoke filled bar, sit in the smoking section of a restaurant if those im with want to smoke, ride ina car full of smoke, but i dont smoke myself. doesnt appeal to me. its expensive and unhealthy.

first time i had alcohol i was sixteen at a party. it was moonshine whiskey, i drank it straight from the bottle and didnt get drunk, that i could tell (but what did i know, anyway). since then ive been drunk many times. i drink a lot. quite often. but usually i only drink at home. i dont like to go out and drink because if i get really drunk i cant really walk and thats just embarassing.

on a side note. when i was sixteen i got a DUI and lost my drivers license. but in fact, i had not been drinking. i was completly alcohol free and driving home some drunk friends. but they and i were underage. so, because i was in the company of underage drunk people, i got a DUI. so did they. pennsylvania sucks. i would never drive drunk, and neither would they. thats why i was the one driving. not really fair, is it?

493 Reviews

Reviews: 493
Thu Jan 27, 2005 6:55 pm
View Likes
Misty says...

I've never done either, but I'm only fifteen, there's time. I'll probably be a party girl in college since I'm so sheltered right now. Not smoking though, cuz I'l allergic to smoke.

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Thu Jan 27, 2005 7:52 pm
View Likes
MasterChief says...

I'm never going to smoke, i've seen what it's done to my grandparents.
I'm pretty tolerant with alcohol, it took a whole bottle of wine before i was drunk.
I don't drink regularly, just on holidays and random weekends I'd never drink alone, if you can't have a good time without alcohol, somethings wrong.

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Thu Jan 27, 2005 8:05 pm
View Likes
Firestarter says...

I was wondering....

Did you purposely mean to make the topic sound like a reference to the Oasis song of the same name? (Cigarettes & Alcohol)
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

uwu
— soundofmind