z

Young Writers Society

Considering doing a contest thingie...

60 Reviews

Reviews: 60
Mon Dec 01, 2014 4:04 pm
kingofeli says...

It'd be something like The Last Man Standing, except instead of writing a novel, you'd just be writing, say, 1,000 words a day for as many days as the contest lasts. When you meet 1,000 words, someone (probably me but whoever wants to do it) gifts you 10 points.

What do you guys think about that?
Feel free to just randomly message me, I get bored easily.

I'm a black, non-binary transgender boy, who is a Christian witch (tentative for now). I'm also a panromantic asexual. I sell poetry; contact me if you're interested in buying poems from me.

47 Reviews

Reviews: 47
Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:41 pm
Firepower13 says...

I'd be up for that. :)
If you are reading this then this warning is for you. Don't you have other things to do? Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove you're alive. If you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic. You have been warned...... Tyler

117 Reviews

Reviews: 117
Wed Dec 03, 2014 5:54 am
View Likes
crossroads says...

This sounds like fun, I'd participate too.

A few suggestions, though. 10 points may seem like a small amount, but if you get a bunch of people participating (which you will, especially if you let it be an ongoing thing rather than have specific duration!), and if you'd be awarding it for every thousand words - meaning every day - you'd run out of points soon. Perhaps, in order to make it easier for yourself and motivate others better, you should award people when they reach, say, 10,000 words, or something like that, and maybe even have some additional prizes for, for example, completing some mini-challenges or alike.

I'd be glad to help you out with realising this idea and running the thing, if you wish. I'll even offer my points when I earn myself some again =p
• previously ChildOfNowhere
- they/them -
literary fantasy with a fairytale flavour

60 Reviews

Wed Dec 03, 2014 12:48 pm
kingofeli says...

AriaAdams wrote:This sounds like fun, I'd participate too.

A few suggestions, though. 10 points may seem like a small amount, but if you get a bunch of people participating (which you will, especially if you let it be an ongoing thing rather than have specific duration!), and if you'd be awarding it for every thousand words - meaning every day - you'd run out of points soon. Perhaps, in order to make it easier for yourself and motivate others better, you should award people when they reach, say, 10,000 words, or something like that, and maybe even have some additional prizes for, for example, completing some mini-challenges or alike.

I'd be glad to help you out with realising this idea and running the thing, if you wish. I'll even offer my points when I earn myself some again =p

Oooh yeah, that does make a lot more sense.

I'm a black, non-binary transgender boy, who is a Christian witch (tentative for now). I'm also a panromantic asexual. I sell poetry; contact me if you're interested in buying poems from me.

60 Reviews

Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:39 pm
kingofeli says...

Is anyone still interested in this?

Lily you are my fig father
— Elliebanana