Young Writers Society

Thank your Reviewer!

117 Reviews

Reviews: 117
Sat Nov 29, 2014 10:27 pm
View Likes
crossroads says...

Hey, all!

So, in the spirit of Thanksgiving, but even if you don't celebrate it, let's take this Review Day to appreciate not only the points and winnings, but also the reviewers who do their best to read and critique our works!

In this topic, mention the people who helped you most, whose reviewing styles you liked and whom you've seen around as great reviewers. Add just a simple "thanks", as soon as you get a review, or write long paragraphs after the Review Day is over tomorrow/Monday - either works, as long as this thread gets filled with appreciation for the reviewers' hard work ^-^

And out there... review for others, read other people's reviews, review for people who have reviewed for you. If you see a review you like out there, spend a few milliseconds to give it a like or even a short comment! It means a lot to get a like on a review.

And don't forget, what's the most important, to read and respond to the reviews you get! A simple thank you is plenty - it shows the reviewer that you cared to read the review, and that also shows your work and the critiques it gets is important to you :D

So, let's open this thread :3 Thank away~

For now, I have much to thank @Deanie and @Silverlock, the adoptive parents of my novel Fading Fairytales - thanks to them, I won't let it fall into oblivion~

Also, aside from them, big thanks to @Isha, @Alvarin, @megsug and @Sureal, who all gave me great comments on the pieces of Slaves in Grace (SiG) that I have posted. That novel means a lot to me in many senses, and I do hope I can bug you more once I decide to publish more and polish it up :3
• previously ChildOfNowhere
- they/them -
literary fantasy with a fairytale flavour

70 Reviews

Reviews: 70
Sat Nov 29, 2014 10:30 pm
Pan says...

I'm thankful for everyone! Y'er all gr8<3
I AM THE PAN.
BEWARE MY KITCHEN UTENSIL-Y GLORY!
Formerly 'PenAndSword'

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Sun Nov 30, 2014 12:21 am
View Likes
Iggy says...

Thank you, @Lumi, for always giving me kind reviews on my crappy poems. ilu

Also @carbonCore who, when he first reviewed one of my works, made me hate him but after a while, I appreciated his words enough to ask for another review and now we're bffs. ilu2

stay classy, San Diego you two. ♥
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

1634 Reviews

Reviews: 1634
Sun Nov 30, 2014 1:25 am
View Likes
Deanie says...

I really have to thank @TimmyJake for reading and reviewing every work in my portfolio. You're amazing and crazy.

I also want to thank @Iggy and @GoldFlame and @megsug for reading and reviewing 12 days! All the feedback was very helpful and was so great to have when I begun editing. I don't know where I'd be without it.

@Blueafrica, you need special thanks <3 You've read all of BPaP and also 12 days. Every review is insightful and a blessing to have. Thanks so much ^.^

@Pompadour, you're super busy, so whenever you read some of Eyes Wide Shut it makes me so happy! You also leave really long and detailed reviews that make so much sense and are a great benefit to my work. I know I will have a much more believable story when I edit with your feedback!

@Silverlock, you too! <3 You kept up with Eyes Wide Shut for a long time. I know you're not as active anymore but I still wanted to thank you.

Sheesh, I have such brilliant reviewers <3 Thank you to all those one timers as well and people I'm forgetting!
Trust in God and all else follows.

Deanie, dominating the world since it was cool @Pompadour, 2014
Your username reminds me of a hotdog @Stegosaurus, 2015
Tried to make puns out of your username, but every attempt has been Deanied @Candywizard, 2015

935 Reviews

Reviews: 935
Sun Nov 30, 2014 4:56 am
View Likes
Shady says...

Thank you @Deanie and @TimmyJake for reading and reviewing all of my really random, sporadic chapters and scenes from eclectic inspiration. Y'all are amazingly faithful and really help me polish my rough little babies up. I'd have given up on me long ago. ;)

Another big thank you goes to @megsug , @DudeMcGuy , and @Iggy for reviewing the crappy things that I write and finding something positive to say about them anyway. xD

"u and rina are systematically watering down the grammar of yws" - Atticus
"From the fish mother to the fish death god." - lehmanf
"A fish stole my identity. I blame shady" - Omni
[they/he]

179 Reviews

Reviews: 179
Sun Nov 30, 2014 7:07 pm
View Likes
r4p17 says...

Thank you @Deanie @ThereseCricket @Wolfare1 @Kelpies and any others who are following and reviewing my novel, Typo Alley!
One writer with one imagination makes thousands of new worlds and stories." ~ Anonymous author

60 Reviews

Reviews: 60
Sun Nov 30, 2014 7:11 pm
View Likes
kingofeli says...

Thanks to @TimmyJake @Satira @Burrow @KatGirl @artemis15sc @AfterTheStorm @BookWolf and @Fade for reviewing Ironclaw (my novel)! I'm so glad that you all took time out of your day to review my work.
Feel free to just randomly message me, I get bored easily.

I'm a black, non-binary transgender boy, who is a Christian witch (tentative for now). I'm also a panromantic asexual. I sell poetry; contact me if you're interested in buying poems from me.

401 Reviews

Reviews: 401
Mon Dec 01, 2014 12:14 am
View Likes
ThereseCricket says...

For people who are following my different novels, I would like to thank especially @Deanie and @IamTraunt who are following both of my current novels. You guys always help me whenever I ask for it, and your reviews are always detailed and to the point. Thank you so much, both of you. <3

I would like to thank @Noelle, @BlueAfrica, and @TimmyJake for reviewing my novel, Dawn of the Daughter of God (even though I haven't posted in months). xD Also, @mptigerswriter, who has continually giving me such encouraging and helpful reviews with my most current novel, Secret of the One.

For reviewers that I've seen around the site, I'd like to mention @Pompadour, @GoldFlame, @Thewriter13, and @Flite. I could probably think of waaay more, but I can't think of any right now.
In Truth Unity,
In Doubt Liberty,
In all things Charity.

767 Reviews

Reviews: 767
Mon Dec 01, 2014 12:43 am
View Likes
SpiritedWolfe says...

I definitely need to thank both @artemis15sc and @ThereseCricket for their awesome reviews for my current draft of Syrin. Then another big thank you to @Wolfie36 and @Noelle for their support as well. @r4p17 and @Zontafer deserve thanks too for contributing even the slightest bit. All your advice and comments really help!
[insert really cool and fun quote here]
Check out my novel shenanigans.
Or request a review from me.

[she/her]

94 Reviews

Reviews: 94
Mon Dec 01, 2014 12:54 am
View Likes
KatGirl says...

I'd like to thank @artemis15sc for reviewing my series often (The Rogue), @Noelle for reviewing some of my pieces (I forgot which ones.. xD) I'd also like to thank @ThereseCricket for reviewing my works, and @Jumpyspot for stalking my wall.. xD
meow.

1085 Reviews

Reviews: 1085
Mon Dec 01, 2014 12:55 am
View Likes
Mea says...

Thank you @Satira for reviewing my first work, Voices, and convincing me to rewrite it in the present tense, which works a lot better. Also thanks to @wisegirl22 for reviewing it as well and pointing out thing I never noticed!

She didn't write a review, but I also want to thank @ThereseCricket for being the first to 'like' it.
We're all stories in the end.

I think of you as a fairy with a green dress and a flower crown and stuff.
-EternalRain

I think you, @Deanie and I are like the Three Book Nerd Musketeers of YWS.
-bluewaterlily

1417 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1417
Mon Dec 01, 2014 1:10 am
View Likes
Noelle says...

I want to thank every single person who has ever reviewed my work. There's no way that I would've gotten better as a writer if you hadn't helped me. There's always something a reviewer catches or thinks of that I didn't. So to all who have done that, thank you so so much.

I especially want to thank @Wolfare1 @RavenMoonStone @Deanie @TimmyJake @r4p17 @Alchemist @PeanutPhoebe (and anyone else I might be forgetting :/) for sticking with my novel. I know that I torture you guys with cliffhangers and leave you many more questions than answers usually :3 but you've stayed with me and helped me so much. I can't thank you enough <3
Noelle is the name, reviewing and writing cliffhangers is the game.

Writer of fantasy, action/adventure, and magic. Huzzah!

"I'm writing a book. I've got the page numbers done." -- Steven Wright

YWS is life

621 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 621
Mon Dec 01, 2014 1:18 am
View Likes
Rook says...

I want to thank @PenguinAttack, @thegreyreality @AfterTheStorm and @kingofeli and everyone else who reviewed today <3

I also want to thanks @TimmyJake, @Deanie, and @Noelle for their continuing reviews on my novel. I'd probably be somewhere way off track in my novel without them <3
Instead, he said, Brother! I know your hunger.
To this, the Wolf answered, Lo!

-Elena Passarello, Animals Strike Curious Poses

558 Reviews

Reviews: 558
Mon Dec 01, 2014 1:47 am
erilea says...

I would like to thank everyone who commented on my works, a special shout-out to @jazzydracula for being awesome and reviewing my works. I love y'all!
Was *wisegirl22*Artemis28*Lupa22*

focus on... enjoying happy moments

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Mon Dec 01, 2014 2:39 am
View Likes
birk says...

Lots of wonderful reviewers to bring up. In fact there's too many to mention.

@Silverlock definately deserves some love though. So does @Deanie, cause she's a machine. Lastly, I need to mention @carbonCore, because I believe he's the best reviewer on the site. Yet, he's only reviewed one piece by me... O.o

Oh, @TimmyJake and @ThereseCricket are both amazing. We could all go on forever with this. ;)
"I never saved anything for the swim back."

Do not mistake coincidence for fate. - Mr Eko

they're selling razor blades and mirrors in the street

The first thing I do when I have a good quote is always to put a goat in it. uwu
— Liminality