z

Young Writers Society

The Force Awakens in 2015

29 Reviews

Reviews: 29
Fri Nov 28, 2014 5:22 pm
Spotswood says...

Ten years after the last film was released (not counting the theatrical pilot for the animated series back in 2008) we are all glad to know that, in exactly a year, we will be seeing the next chapter of a franchise that has been around for almost forty years. Watch, review, share thoughts, and lambast.

Spoiler! :
phpBB [media]

d
d
d
d
d
d
d
d
d
d
d
d
d
d
d
d
d
d
d

And so, what do you all think? Like it? Hate it? Not a fan? Indifferent? Think this thread was misleading and don't give a crap about one of the greatest franchises known to mankind? Share your thoughts.

Some prompts for conversation.

1. What do you think of Disney's acquisition of the franchise?

2. The new Millennium Falcon design? Like it? Hate it? Why is it not a bucket of bolts anymore?

3. At last, aside from the clones in the prequels, we have seen a stormtrooper unmasked! And he's ethnically diverse! Cool, huh?

4. A droid with a football head? Weird, right?

5. New stormtrooper gear? What do you think?

6. Who is the hot chick on the speeder bike?

7. Harrison, Carie, and Mark are back for this film? Are they too old? Is Ford still as bad*ss as he used to be, or did Kingdom of the Crystal Skull ruin his career?

8. Do you have any plot theories? Please share. That should be interesting to hear your ideas!

9. Do you think that they will incorporate anything from the Star Wars Expanded Universe that has since been made non-canon back in April? What do you think would be essential to incorporate or, at least, be made canon again in future, non-movie, media?

10. The Empire? Not destroyed? Still around? What? Obviously, like in the EU, the empire is still around and as mean as ever with those awesome new stormtroopers and stuff (awesome helmets, right?). Empires do not fall overnight. Sure it is much weaker, probably, being an Imperial Remnant, but it looks like a threat, does it not? Your thoughts? Should they have new villains instead - another powerful force - or do you love the Empire as I do? Share!

11. This new Sith Lord? Were the Sith not destroyed with Palpatine? Well, in order for there to be balance in the Force, there needs to be a light and a dark side. This guy, probably the voice in the beginning too, looks interesting, especially his lightsaber, which almost resembles a broadsword. What do you think of a new baddie? Should they resurrect an old villain, or do you like freshness?

12. Finally? What do you think of the trailer ITSELF?

Thoughts, everyone?
"Often, the best way to improve is swallowing your ego and realizing you're a terrible writer in all aspects of writing, then working to improve it."
-R.U.

29 Reviews

Reviews: 29
Sat Nov 29, 2014 12:59 am
Spotswood says...

Okay, I honestly cannot believe that nobody has commented
"Often, the best way to improve is swallowing your ego and realizing you're a terrible writer in all aspects of writing, then working to improve it."
-R.U.

I just write poetry to throw my mean callous heartless exterior into sharp relief. I’m going to throw you off the ship anyway.
— Vogon Captain (The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy)