z

Young Writers Society

Why did you join YWS?

378 Reviews

Reviews: 378
Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:06 am
View Likes
Soulkana says...

Well, I wanted a new site to join for my own works. And I've been here, happily with YWS since! Ah the time that passes.
May the gentle moon take you into peaceful dreams. May the mighty sun brighten your new days.

532 Reviews

Reviews: 532
Sat Nov 22, 2014 12:09 pm
View Likes
ArcticMonkey says...

Because my mum was like 'oh there's this website you can join when you're 11 called the poetry society' (or something like that, I still to this day don't know what she was referring too. Trying to find said website, I found this and joined! YAY :D
Someone told me there's a girl out there, with love in her eyes and flowers, in her hair.

1417 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1417
Sat Nov 22, 2014 12:18 pm
View Likes
Noelle says...

None of my real life friends are into writing. They all know I write and we talk about it every so often, but it's just not the same. I found the site and was super excited to find so many people out there who shared my passion and interests.
Noelle is the name, reviewing and writing cliffhangers is the game.

Writer of fantasy, action/adventure, and magic. Huzzah!

"I'm writing a book. I've got the page numbers done." -- Steven Wright

YWS is life

1125 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1125
Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:21 pm
View Likes
StellaThomas says...

i had a really gud story to share so i did and no 1 here thought it was gud so ive stayed to make sure they apreshiate me sum day.
"Stella. You were in my dream the other night. And everyone called you Princess." -Lauren2010

94 Reviews

Reviews: 94
Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:42 pm
View Likes
Satira says...

I needed a chat room for writers. i found this one, and realized the chat room was attached to this site. voila.
"if only, if only,"
the woodpecker sighed,
"the bark on the trees
were as soft as the skies."

1007 Reviews

Reviews: 1007
Sat Nov 22, 2014 3:39 pm
View Likes
TimmyJake says...

I joined to, uh, find my true calling in life - reviewing. I joined YWS on a whim. Searching writer clubs on the internet (thanks, Google), and up popped YWS - TADAAAAAA.

So I joined, and now it has been a year. YWS has helped me more than I can say, and I have truly become a far better writer. So why did I join YWS initially? - on a whim, and I had no idea what I was doing. Now I keep on YWS because it fuels me with my writing, and the people are the best in the world here.
Used to be tIMMYjAKE

621 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 621
Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:42 am
View Likes
Rook says...

I realized that my other writing site was kind of toxic and uncaring so I wanted to find a better one where I could actually get to know people and have people that liked me.
And to improve my writing skills, of course. ^-^
Instead, he said, Brother! I know your hunger.
To this, the Wolf answered, Lo!

-Elena Passarello, Animals Strike Curious Poses

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:02 am
View Likes
niteowl says...

Well, I was on writing.com (an outdated behemoth where you really need to pay to do much of anything) when I saw a post from Nate advertising his then-brand-new site. I joined mainly out of curiosity, but considering I'm still here 10 years later and I mainly only log on to writing.com occasionally for kicks, I'd say it was a solid choice.
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

494 Reviews

Reviews: 494
Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:27 am
View Likes
Holysocks says...

I joined this site because it was blue... Blue isn't my favourite colour, it's just easy on the eyes. :-P ( I honestly don't remember why else )
100% autistic

401 Reviews

Reviews: 401
Sun Nov 23, 2014 2:23 pm
View Likes
ThereseCricket says...

I initially joined this site because of my brother (timmyjake). He was going completely bizarre over it and so I thought I should take a look at what this was. Seeing as I've been here for not even a year yet, and my writing has improved a million times over, I'd say I'm pretty glad I joined. not a million times over, but you guys get the picture, right?
In Truth Unity,
In Doubt Liberty,
In all things Charity.

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Sun Nov 23, 2014 2:45 pm
View Likes
Vibe says...

Why I joined? Let's see. I was trying to find a chat room free from pervs and full of sensible people and lo and behold:!: Here I found YWS! It's not only a chatroom. It is also a website for aspiring writers. 8) It's where the writer's dreams come true. Hurrah! :pirate3:
Hats off to YWS!!!!

I'm glad I'm here. :D

359 Reviews

Reviews: 359
Sun Dec 14, 2014 4:11 pm
View Likes
steampowered says...

I joined another writing forum before YWS but there was so little activity on there I gave up and never posted anything apart from an introduction. After desperately trying to find a website that people were actually using I finally found YWS, registered and set up a post introducing myself.

I got plenty of replies almost instantly... my introduction on the other website took days to get just one comment. I find the quality of the writing on here is better too, there are more things you can do (such as the chatroom) and the layout's much more navigable.

Definitely sticking with YWS! :D
Live well. Learn lots. Question everything.

107 Reviews

Reviews: 107
Sun Dec 14, 2014 4:42 pm
View Likes
Alpha says...

I was googling writing tips o:
one of the results was 100 Writing Tips by @Nate (I think..? I can't seem to find it anymore xD), which I liked so hjklknkasdf-much that I joined the site. >.>

346 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 346
Sat Jan 10, 2015 1:15 pm
Pretzelstick says...

I googled website for young writers and then there came up a list of websites with YWS as number one and I think YWS is the #1 writers website.I joined and from that time I am an addictive and overly-active member.I am on chat a lot so if you dont go on chat and look around.I also review like a lot 3-4 reviews a day so I might review you work somedau.
Anyways I love you all YWS users!
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads only lives once
~George R. Martin

Life isn't about finding yourself; it's about recreating yourself. ~George B. Shaw

got yws?

16 Reviews

Reviews: 16
Sat Jan 10, 2015 2:16 pm
ChocolateLlama says...

Well, writing has been something that's interested me for a bit now, so I decided that getting the ball rolling at a young age would really help me. I googled "Websites for young writers", YWS came up, and I joined. This was fairly recently also.

Saying Why-Double-you-Ehs is inversely like saying Ah-beh-Seh (Abc)... just say yewis it's cooler.
— Anonymous