z

Young Writers Society

Why did you join YWS?

Random avatar

Reviews: 94
Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:54 am
View Likes
JumpyDot says...

Well, I used to receive a magazine called "Writers Digest" (which I have since let lapse out of my mind) and it had a group of 100 so websites that were good for aspiring writers, though I looked at most of the ones for the section I had in mind, most of them were just forums stock full of the usual stuff forums are used for. But I soon arrived on this site and found it quite impressive. I joined, and left for two(?) so months. I returned and have since spent more time on this site than probably necessary.

232 Reviews

Reviews: 232
Sun Jan 11, 2015 2:36 am
View Likes
rainforest says...

Well, one day, I was wanting to join a writers site. All of them were so complicated to sign up on and they didn't look very promising. So then I found here, signed up, and here I am today!
this account proudly supports lgbt rights

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Sun Jan 11, 2015 2:50 am
View Likes
Kortez says...

So, my sister was all obsessed with this website.
I was like, "Uh, what are you even on?" I was more of a Fanfiction.net kind of girl.
My sister said, "It's called Young Writers Society. It's pretty cool. You should join!"
Being my weird self, I said no. But one day I actually did (like in September), but I forgot the password and username. :(
So, just a few days ago I decided to make another one, and here I am! I was actually going to join on December's Review Day, but I didn't know what to post.
Well, here I am now! And I've actually made a couple of friends. I really love it here. Everyone is SO nice~. <3
Have a great night/day~! ^u^ I love you all!
I'd rather be alone~ <3
- "Entertainment" by Phoenix

293 Reviews

Reviews: 293
Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:15 pm
View Likes
BrumalHunter says...

I joined because of my best friend, @TheWanderingWizard.

The first time I heard about this site was when I gave him a code from our novel to decipher. He had no idea how it worked, so he posted it here in the chatroom. The next day, he informed me of the reactions it caused, and I recall finding them rather amusing. ^_^

On a Sunday about a year later, I was hopelessly bored and decided to search for this site he had mentioned. At first, I was apprehensive, but then I went and reviewed my first work. By the end of the day, I had only reviewed two, but my team ended up winning anyway. (Yeah, I only later discovered I had joined on the March Review Day...)

And that's the story. I have improved both as a writer and as a person because of YWS, and I am happy to say I am addicted to this website. (I even suffer from withdrawal. :P )

YWS rules!
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

Winter is inevitable. Spring will return eventually, and AstralHunter with it.

78 Reviews

Reviews: 78
Thu Jan 15, 2015 2:47 pm
TiffanyToy says...

CuriosityCat says...

I joined because I discovered that the writing website I had been on before was actually cheating kids for stories. I decided to quit and found this. Best decision of my life. :3
@CuriosityCat What site was that?

1634 Reviews

Reviews: 1634
Thu Jan 15, 2015 3:53 pm
View Likes
Deanie says...

My sister, who has now left the site, told me to. At that age I basically did what she said.

We'd also both been on a site called Mibba before, but it really wasn't working for us. So we decided to give this a try.
Trust in God and all else follows.

Deanie, dominating the world since it was cool @Pompadour, 2014
Your username reminds me of a hotdog @Stegosaurus, 2015
Tried to make puns out of your username, but every attempt has been Deanied @Candywizard, 2015

260 Reviews

Reviews: 260
Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:14 pm
View Likes
TriSARAHtops says...

I remember googling 'young writers websites' or something like that, and ended up with a link to YWS. I think I was looking for a site to get feedback on my writing. I had a little stickybeak around the site, and when I clicked 'Register' my thought process was pretty much 'meh, why not?'.

And I'm glad I did. :)
if we wait until we're ready
we'll be waiting
for the rest of our lives

377 Reviews

Reviews: 377
Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:38 pm
View Likes
Snazzy says...

Pretty much the same story for me, I had always started a bunch of stories, but I had either lost them, or just never finished them. :) I looked up websites for young writers, and YWS was at the top of the list. I remember waiting for that first review on my very first work.... :D I was so excited. :D :D :D Go YWS! ;)
Disciple of Christ • Coffee Addict • Poetry Consumer

Formerly SnazzyPencil

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Fri Jan 16, 2015 8:39 pm
View Likes
FullMetalDragon says...

Well, how I found out about this site was by a friend and I was already trying to write a book. And he said that this site helps you with writing. So i created an account and have been having fun ever since. :D
A lesson without pain is meaningless, for you can not gain something without sacrificing, something else in return, but once you have overcome it and made it your own... you will gain an irreplaceable Fullmetal heart.
By Edward Elric

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Tue Feb 17, 2015 6:49 pm
View Likes
Firestarter says...

Over a decade ago, I was on writing.com, posting terrible stories. A man named "Nate" commented on one of them, and in the review, dropped in a URL for YWS.
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Tue Feb 17, 2015 8:57 pm
View Likes
Auxiira says...

I was on deviantART before, and writing there really wasn't doing it for me, cause I was getting literally zilch feedback but I'd heard a few stories about Wattpad and fanfiction.whatever was too fanfic oriented for me, but I kinda liked the chatroom at dA. Someone there suggested I search for a young writers' site, seeing as most of them were older, so I did so, and the first site to come up was this! It looked pretty cool, so I decided to give it a whirl, and look where I'm at now! Completely addicted!

(Warning : any weird sounding speech in this is due to me exiting general anaesthetic. Maybe. )
You read faster than Usaine Bolt sprints xD - Deanie 2014

I wanted all to sparkle and dance in a glorious jubilee. - Cathy, Wuthering Heights

62 Reviews

Reviews: 62
Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:38 pm
View Likes
ThePatchworkPilgrims says...

Now isn't this an interesting question? Let's see: I do believe it was school holidays, and I was spending my time at the library, browsing through the shelves and going on the internet. Then, when I could not find any interesting looking books, I decided I was going to search for young, aspiring writers whose books might interest me.
That is how I encountered YWS.
At first I thought it was merely a virtual magazine about young writers, and I soon "forgot" about this site. But something kept drawing me back (I didn't do anything yet, I was simply drawn to it like a moth to a candle)
Unfortunately, my password and username were also forgotten after a while, and that's how my profile stayed for many months.
That is, until @AstralHunter gave me a cryptic cipher which I couldn't solve. Something made me miraculously remember my password and username, and discuss the cipher in the Lounge.
When Astral finally joined YWS, I became more active, changed my username and password, and became the person I am today.

Fate has decided that my life somehow should be connected to YWS, and I just hope it is for no negative twist in the Loom of Fate.

P.S. - Thank you @Nate for providing such a wonderful community in which we can all, despite our differences in cultures, interests, races, ages, genders, etc, come together as one big well-oiled typewriter! :P
Former incarnations have been:
TheWanderingWizard
TheClockworkConjurer
TheIllusiveIntellect
TheSunderingSorceror
And, TheMaieuticMesmerist

Proudly [They/Them]

89 Reviews

Reviews: 89
Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:55 pm
View Likes
Amnesia says...

I was looking around on google for a writing site that would give me feedback on what I wrote Having been on wattpad for two years unfortunately I kept getting interuppted everytime I clicked on the YWS link at the top of the google page. I kept forgetting over and over again until one day at school in my English class I finally got the chance to sit down and take a look at this "Interesting looking" site. I read a few works and clicked on the Register button the thought in my head said "Try it". Now 4 months later I'm glad I did <3 Im on my way to finishing the first work I have posted here as opposed the 10 other books I never finished on Wattpad Im so glad I took a chance and registered I might have never met such amazing friends <3
I want a Harry Potter reboot with Benedict Cumberbatch as all the characters~~Mem
<3 Formerly Remembrance <3

This page supports the LGBTQ community

299 Reviews

Reviews: 299
Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:55 pm
View Likes
TheSilverFox says...

Yeah, my story is a lot more boring than anyone else's here. I'd been a writer for a very long time (since about 5th grade), and had composed a variety of stories that I was impressed with. A lot of them I have displayed in some degree or form in the YWS. However, I didn't feel like that was enough. What I wanted was to join a society of writers who were like me - aspiring, intelligent, thoughtful, and incredible writers. I wanted a place where my talents were critiqued, where I could see all kinds of other writing and find amazing stories, and where I could show my experiences as a writer. That was like the dream for me - to find a place where my favorite hobby was everywhere. The last website that I had been on (for two years), was not particularly about writing, though I spent a lot of time publishing stories on there. Finally, I found that I wasn't having fun on that website. Nobody looked at my works anymore, nobody responded to what I was doing, and I felt like my talents were festering and rotting just being there. It became a chore just to go on, and so I declared inactivity and abandoned the place (I haven't come back.)

Afterwards, I though I'd go sit down and surf the web for writing sites. Easy enough, right? That's what I thought. First, because of a conversation I heard at school between two girls about the website Wattpad, I decided to visit Wattpad. I wasn't impressed. It was fine and all, but it didn't contain the eager, professional writers that I was hoping for in a website. It disappointed me, and I moved on, feeling kind of heartbroken and sad. That dream I had seemed to be far off from my grasp. I remember that I had found another website, but wasn't impressed much either. Somewhere along the way, about two months ago, I looked up websites on the Internet (something involving the search quota: "website for young writers") and found the Young Writer's Society. As soon as I visited it, and spent some time viewing the various parts of this website, I fell in love with the place. The writers were exactly the kind of people I wanted to be with - professional, fun, eager, and working their hardest to make exceptional-quality writing. The website was awesome, looked appealing, and I liked how the review system worked. You could only display your writing if you reviewed other people's works. That was ingenious to me, and I joined within a day or two of finding the website. Ever since then, I've spent about two months on here and I've never regretted a single minute I've spent touring this website. You guys are awesome, and I have to thank Nate for his incredible creation. I was joyous to find so many people of so many backgrounds from all around the world, and now I find myself proud to be part of this multi-cultural expansive society known as the Young Writer's Society. I've adapted my writing style; I've improved my nature and my ideas; I've never been so happy in my life, and I've never before been to a place where every single minute of my day spent there is a minute that I look forward to spending. Thank you, everyone, for this wonderful journey. :D
S'io credesse che mia risposta fosse
a persona che mai tornasse al mondo,
questa fiamma staria senza piu scosse.
Ma per ciò che giammai di questo fondo
non tornò vivo alcun, s'i' odo il vero,
senza tema d'infamia ti rispondo.

Inferno, Canto 27, l 61-66.

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Tue Mar 24, 2015 3:16 pm
View Likes
FaulknerCannes says...

I was looking for a forum to post my stories at, and I wasn't really expecting much... That's as much as I could remember, actually, considering that I've always had a short memory.

The other site I wanted to join was TheFanFictionForum.com, which I did join after I registered here anyway, but they didn't seem as professional in terms of writing skills... Not that it matters though, considering that I'm an amateur myself. Hum.

Yep. My reason for joining is pretty boring too. I was looking for a place to test out my first story as a new writer... if I ever get to it someday. But that's another story for another day, kids.

Well, if I can't get this chapter to work....at least I will have exercised my fingers.
— Kaia