z

Young Writers Society

Would You Survive the Apocalypse?

Random avatar

Reviews: 94
Wed Nov 12, 2014 5:21 am
View Likes
JumpyDot says...

We all like to think we would. We like to think that we'd power through it like Joel from the Last of Us. But would you really survive? I don't think I would. I think I would survive the initial outbreak, but give the disease or whatever it is time to get comfortable and I'm dead. I think my dad would power through it, my mom and my siblings would die though. They would go about the same time as me. As for my granparents? They're dead. Both of them would die in the outbreak. My grandma works at a superstore chain and would be one of the first to go. My grandpa would get it from her.
So what about you and your family? Would you survive the apocalypse? What about your family?How'd the Apocalypse happpen?

494 Reviews

Reviews: 494
Wed Nov 12, 2014 6:45 am
View Likes
Holysocks says...

Hmm... I think I might be able to do it, only because I know how to get away from people, and I know how to survive, basically, on my own. I grew up living off the grid, and we grew a lot of our own food. I also know a lot of edible wild plants.

If say we were talking about a zombie-based apocalypse, the idea of getting far away from people would work, I think. But if I wasn't able to get away, and was forced for some reason to stay in the city... then my chances would fall drastically, and I probably wouldn't make it ( unless I could make it to Costco... but everyone would be headed there... ). The same goes for my immediate family. As for my grandma... She has far to many friends I think... but she might last awhile by just plan oblivion. I would try to take her with us though.

I'm not going to go into my friends... that requires to much brain function, and I'm afraid I don't have a lot tonight. >.<
100% autistic

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Wed Nov 12, 2014 6:54 am
Zolen says...

depends on the type, I live in a heavily forested area with lots of wildlife, and lots of people including myself grew up used to weapons. Mostly guns, but a few know how to hunt with a bow (myself included). As isolated as we are, likely if there was anything like a zombie outbreak, by the time it reaches us we would have prepared unless they hid the details. No details, 50/50 chance of the rough area surviving, details 100% living in a fenced off area with plenty of land cleared for farming, bow training for those who don't know how to use them in case we run out of ammo, and probably the smallest house prepped with generators and gas for when we need power.

That's if the problem is zombies.

Most of the other end of the world events that i can think of, nobody can guess if they would survive the start of it, much less the aftermath. In most cases the planet is pretty well screwed so they won't live very long lives.
Self quoting is the key to sounding wise and all knowing.

83 Reviews

Reviews: 83
Wed Nov 12, 2014 7:25 am
EscaSkye says...

Hm, I think we'd be able to survive, but we would have a hard time initially. That would be because we're living in the big city in my country, so there'd be a lot of people, and should everyone suddenly become zombies, well... that'd be a tricky situation. Once we get to the province though, I think we'd be doing a good job of surviving. Most of us pretty much know how to defend ourselves, plus, my folks as well as my aunt knows a lot about herbs and whatnot, so... yeah.
Not anymore.

170 Reviews

Reviews: 170
Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:16 pm
deleted5 says...

Although training can help massively it is dependant on luck when it shoes hit the fan.
I dunno really, I live in a fairly rural town and, once we get onto the main roads, we can literally get to our place in the middle of the Scottish highlands without going near any cities. It's pretty self sufficient out there really! But no one really knows until you get put into a situation like that. Anything could happen!
I AM YOUR GOD. -AlexSushiDog
Checkmate Atheists.

53 Reviews

Reviews: 53
Thu Nov 13, 2014 2:43 am
View Likes
CuriosityCat says...

I think so. I mean, I'm not obsessed with the Walking Dead or any shows like that, but I do have an incredibly active imagination, and have been plotting a zombie escape route and action plan for a few years now.
I guess I wouldn't survive long without a gun or any other proper weapon, but seeing as zombies don't use them, I think raiding my maniac, gun-toting, anti-crime-obsessed neighbors WHO ALMOST SHOT ME ONCE FOR WEARING A HOODIE OUTSIDE IN THE WINTER shouldn't be hard.
We have a creek in the back yard for water, some wildlife to hunt, a good First-Aid kit, and some rain barrels. We could probably make it. (But I'd rather not test that theory, thank you very much...) :smt002
Nothing to see here, puny mortals. Move along.

"I’m always going to embarrass myself and I’m pretty comfortable with that now."
— Misha Collins

As my artist’s statement explains, my work is utterly incomprehensible and is therefore full of deep significance.
— Calvin