The Third Ever YWStival

317 Reviews

Reviews: 317
Fri Nov 07, 2014 8:10 pm
lostthought says...

Isn't Lumi a bit displaced?
Attachments
image.jpg
"Aaloo is potato in urdu, like AAAAAA-loo, or like AAAAA-look such delicious deliciousness."
-Pompadour

"MY SOUL IS A GREY ABYSS"
-QueenOfHearts

355 Reviews

Reviews: 355
Fri Nov 07, 2014 8:16 pm
LadySpark says...

@lostthought I'm not sure I know what you're talking about?
hush, my sweet
these tornadoes are for you

-Richard Siken

Formerly SparkToFlame

317 Reviews

Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:05 pm
lostthought says...

If you look down at the Friday one.
"Aaloo is potato in urdu, like AAAAAA-loo, or like AAAAA-look such delicious deliciousness."
-Pompadour

-QueenOfHearts

355 Reviews

Sat Nov 08, 2014 12:01 am
LadySpark says...

Lumi is a mod just like me and kindly volunteered to take over a couple of word wars, so I'm still not sure why you say he's out of place lol
hush, my sweet

-Richard Siken

Formerly SparkToFlame

317 Reviews

Sat Nov 08, 2014 1:49 am
lostthought says...

On the last one at FRIDAY NOVEMBER 14, he has a WW on THURSDAY NOVEMBER 13.
-Pompadour

-QueenOfHearts

355 Reviews

Sat Nov 08, 2014 3:00 am
LadySpark says...

huh, for some reason, the date when I try to edit says the fourteenth, but it's showing up as the thirteenth. Who knows why. PSA: It's the fourteenth, not the thirteenth.
hush, my sweet

-Richard Siken

Formerly SparkToFlame

355 Reviews

Sun Nov 09, 2014 3:39 pm
LadySpark says...

YWStival Annoucements

-- Disney movie night Will feature Hercules, with myself and @Iggy hosting.
-- The Word War Winners Thread is up and waiting for you all!
--The Pep talk threads are also up, waiting to be read by you guys! Be sure to check out the first pep talk tomorrow with @Aley!
-- Quest Game for the YWStival has been revived for the YWStival!

--The YWStival Team
hush, my sweet

-Richard Siken

Formerly SparkToFlame

355 Reviews

Mon Nov 10, 2014 3:20 pm
View Likes
LadySpark says...

William Shakespeare

Monday, November 10th 2014

Born:

Baptised April 26th, 1564 (birth date unknown)

Died:

April 23rd, 1616

What They Wrote:

Alls Well that Ends Well, As You Like it, The Comedy of Errors, Cymbeline, Love’s Labours Lost, Measure for Measure, The Merry Wives of Windsor, The Merchant of Venice, A Midsummer’s Night Dream, Much Ado about Nothing, Pericles, Prince of Tyre, Taming of the Shrew, The Tempest, Troilns and Cressida, Twelfth Night, Two Gentlemen of Verona, Winter’s Tale, Henry the IV (Part One and Two), Henry the V, Henry the VI (Parts One, Two and Three), Hentry the VIII, King John, Richard the II, Richard the III, Antony and Cleopatra, Coriolanus, Hamlet, Julius Caesar, King Lear, Macbeth, Othello, Romeo and Juliet, Timon of Athens, Titus Andronicus, The Sonnets, A Lover’s Complaint, The Rape of Lucrece, Venus and Adonis, and Funeral Elegy by W.S.

Most Famous For:

Debateably Romeo and Juliet

Interesting Facts About William Shakespeare:

Will married his wife at eighteen, while she was twenty six and pregnant.
One of Shakespeare’s relatives was arrested for plotting against Queen Elizabeth The First.
There are 157 Million Pages on Google that refer to Shakespeare.
William Shakespeare is an anagram for “I am a weakish speller”.

Resources For their Writing:

All Shakespeare’s Sonnets
Hamlet
Romeo And Juliet

Greeetings YWSers! It's the first day of the YWStival!! Are you excited? We are! Don't forget to check out The first peptalk of this week from @Aley!
And get ready for a bunch of word warring fun with @Lumi at *!

*Automatically adjusts to your time zone
hush, my sweet

-Richard Siken

Formerly SparkToFlame

355 Reviews

Tue Nov 11, 2014 3:45 pm
LadySpark says...

Robert Frost

Tuesday, November 11th 2014

Born:

March 26th, 1864

Died:

January 29th, 1963

What They Wrote:

A Masque of Reason, A Boy’s Will (Poetry Collection), North of Boston (Poetry Collection), Mountain Interval (Poetry Collection), Selected Poems (Poetry Collection), New Hampshire (Poetry Collection), West Running Brook (Poetry Collection), The Lonely Shall be Choosers (Poetry Collection), Collected Poems by Robert Frost (1930 and 1939) (Poetry Collection), The Lone Striker (Poetry Collection), Three Poems (Poetry Collection), The Gold Hesperidee (Poetry Collection), From Snow to Snow (Poetry Collection), A Further Range (Poetry Collection), A Witness Tree (Poetry Collection), Come In, and Other Poems (Poetry Collection), Steeple Bush (Poetry Collection), Complete Poems By Robert Frost (Poetry Collection), Hard Not to Be King (Poetry Collection), Aforesaid (Poetry Collection), A Remembrance Collection of New Poems (Poetry Collection), You Come Too (Poetry Collection), In the Clearing (Poetry Collection), The Poetry of Robert Frost (Poetry Collection), What Fiffy Said (Poetry Collection), Fire and Ice (Poetry Collection), A Drumlin Woodchuck (Poetry Collection), Acquainted with the NIght, The Death of the Hired Man, Fire and Ice, The Gift Outright, Mending Wall, Nothing Gold Can Stay, Out, Out, The Oven Bird, A Question, The Road Not Taken, Stopping By the Woods on a Snowy Evening, Birches, and After Apple Picking.

Most Famous For:

Debatably The Gift Outright.

Interesting Facts About Robert Frost:

Robert Frost has won 4 Pulitzer Prizes.
Frost read an inauguration poem (The Gift Outright) for John F. Kennedy.

Fire and Ice
Stopping by the Woods on a Snowy Evening
The Road Not Taken
The Gift Outright

-Don't forget to check out The YWS Quest Game
-Word Wars with @AriaAdams at *
-Check out the YWS BIrthday Contest
-Be sure to subscribe to the YWStival Club for updates.
hush, my sweet

-Richard Siken

Formerly SparkToFlame

355 Reviews

Wed Nov 12, 2014 2:54 pm
LadySpark says...

H.P. LoveCraft

Wednesday, November 12th 2014

Born:

August 20th, 1890

Died:

March 15th, 1937

What They Wrote:

The Dream-Quest of Unknown Kadath, The Case of Charles Dexter Ward, At the Mountains of Madness, The Shadow Over Innsmouth, The Shadow Out of Time, "The Tomb", "Dagon", "A Reminiscence of Dr. Samuel Johnson", "Polaris", "Beyond the Wall of Sleep", "Memory", "Old Bugs", "The Transition of Juan Romero", "The White Ship", "The Street", "The Doom that Came to Sarnath", "The Statement of Randolph Carter", "The Terrible Old, Man", "The Tree", "The Cats of Ulthar", "The Temple", "Facts Concerning the Late Arthur Jermyn and His, Family", "Celephaïs", "From Beyond", "Nyarlathotep", "The Picture in the House", "Ex Oblivione", "Sweet Ermengarde", "The Nameless City", "The Quest of Iranon", "The Moon-Bog", "The Outsider", "The Other Gods", "The Music of Erich Zann", "Herbert West–Reanimator"
"Hypnos", "What the Moon Brings", "Azathoth", "The Hound", "The Lurking Fear", "The Rats in the Walls", "The Unnamable", "The Festival", "The Shunned House", "The Horror at Red Hook", "He", "In the Vault", "Cool Air", "The Call of Cthulhu", "Pickman's Model", "The Silver Key", "The Strange High House in the Mist", "The Colour Out of Space", "The Descendant", "History of the Necronomicon", "The Very Old Folk", "Ibid", "The Dunwich Horror", "The Whisperer in Darkness", "The Dreams in the Witch House", "The Thing on the Doorstep", "The Evil Clergyman", "The Book", "The Haunter of the Dark"

Most Famous For:

The Call of Cthulhu.

Interesting Facts About H.P. Lovecraft:

Lovecraft never graduated high school.
Lovecraft’s favorite author was Edgar Allen Poe.

*Because it is still under copyright, there is no writing from H.P. Lovecraft to be offered for free*

Word Wars with @SparkToFlame at *
Chat Apples to Apples with @SparkToFlame at *
The Librarians (YWS Birthday Storybook)
hush, my sweet

-Richard Siken

Formerly SparkToFlame

355 Reviews

Thu Nov 13, 2014 3:03 pm
LadySpark says...

J.K. Rowling

Thursday, November 13th 2014

Born:

July 31st, 1965

Died:

TBA

What They Wrote:

The Harry Potter Series, The Cuckoo’s Calling, Casual Vacancy, and The Silk Worm.

Most Famous For:

The Harry Potter Series.

Interesting Facts About J.K. Rowling:

J.K. and her character Harry Potter share the same birthday.
J.K. Rowling’s full name is Joanne Rowling. She has no middle name, she borrowed the K from her grandmother, Kathleen.
She recieved a B.A. in French and the Classics, and then a postgraduate certificate in modern languages years later.
She wrote her first book at age six.

*There are no free resources for reading J.K.’s writing*

Word Wars with @SparkToFlame at *
Last day to submit to YWS' Birthday Contest!!
Check out TWO peptalks in the Pep Talk Thread, one from @Lumi and the other from @Demeter.
Remember to check out the Quest Game!
If you participate in the YWStival in anyway, you'll be awarded the YWStival 10th birthday Trophy!

ONLY ONE MORE DAY TILL YWS' BIRTHDAY!

hush, my sweet

-Richard Siken

Formerly SparkToFlame

117 Reviews

Reviews: 117
Fri Nov 14, 2014 1:17 pm
crossroads says...

Sorry to interrupt your flow of awesomeness, but hey, a YWS birthday Storybook!

Yep, you heard right! It's accessible from basically any forum, right there on top of everything (along with this thread), so go ahead and jump in :3
• previously ChildOfNowhere
- they/them -
literary fantasy with a fairytale flavour

355 Reviews

Fri Nov 14, 2014 2:42 pm
View Likes
LadySpark says...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY YWS!

C.S. Lewis

Friday, November 14th 2014
YWS’ Birthday!

Born:

November 29th, 1898

Died:

November 22nd, 1963

What They Wrote:

Spirits of Bondage, Dymer, The Pilgrim’s Regress, The Screwtape Letters, The Great Divorce, TIll We Have Faces, Screwtape Proposes a Toast, Letters to Malcolm: Chiefly on Prayer, Boxen, The Chronicles of Narnia, The Space Trilogy, The Allegory of Love, The Personal Heresy, The Problem of Pain, A Preface to Paradise Lost, The Abolition of Man, MIracles, Mere Christianity, Surprised by Joy, The Four Loves, Studies in Words, An Experiment in Criticism, A Grief Observed, They Asked for a Paper: Papers and Addresses, Selections from Layamon’s Brut, The Discarded Image, Of Other Worlds, and God in the Dock.

Most Famous For:

The Chronicles of Narnia.

Interesting Facts About C.S. Lewis:

Lewis was born in Northern Ireland.
Lewis had a very loud laugh and wide circle of friends.
C.S. Lewis died on the same day as John F. Kennedy’s assassination.

There are no free resources for C.S. Lewis’ Writing

Don't forget to subscribe to the YWStival club!
Break the Chat Event with @Iggy and @SparkToFlame (Last year our record was 50) at *
Disney Movie Night at *
Word Wars with @Lumi at *
Thank YWS for 10 Wonderful Years
hush, my sweet

-Richard Siken

Formerly SparkToFlame

355 Reviews

Sat Nov 15, 2014 1:30 am
LadySpark says...

Edgar Allen Poe

Saturday, November 15th 2014

Born:

January 19th, 1809

Died:

October 7th, 1849

What They Wrote:

Tamerlane, Al Aaraaf, To Helen, The City in the Sea, The Haunted Palace, The Conqueror Worm, Lenore, Eulalie, The Raven, Ulalume, A Dream Within A Dream, Eldorado, The Bells, Annabel Lee, Metzengerstein, Bon-Bon, MS. Found in a Bottle, Berenice, Morella, The Unparalleled Adventure of One Hans Pfaall, Ligeia, A Predicament, The Devil in the Belfry, The Man That Was Used Up, The Fall of the House of Usher, William Wilson, The Conversation of Eiros and Charmion, The Business Man, The Man of the Crowd, The Murders in the Rue Morgue, A Descent into the Maelström, Never Bet the Devil Your Head, Eleonora, The Oval, Portrait, The Masque of the Red Death, The Mystery of Marie Rogêt, The Pit and the Pendulum, The Tell-Tale Heart, The Gold-Bug, The Black Cat, The Spectacles, A Tale of the Ragged Mountains, The Premature Burial, The Oblong Box, The Angel of the Odd, Thou Art the Man, The Purloined Letter, Some Words with a Mummy, The Imp of the Perverse, The System of Doctor Tarr and Professor Fethe, The Facts in the Case of M. Valdemar, The Cask of Amontillado, and Hop-Frog.

Most Famous For:

The Raven

Interesting Facts About Edgar Allen Poe:

His mother’s name was Elizabeth Arnold Poe.
He introduced the first recorded literary detective.
Only seven people attended Poe’s funeral.

The Raven
Annabel Lee

There's been a couple of schedule changes for Sunday's Workshop and Saturday's word war. @Lumi will be hosting the workshop, *time TBA* and the workshop. He will also be hosting the word war tonight at *.
Dragons vs Monkeys with @Rydia and @Iggy at *
Workshop with @Lauren2010 at *
Congratulations to @dutifulwriter for winning the YWS Official Birthday Contest!
We broke chat yesterday with a total of 20 people! Even though we didn't really break it, we still had fun with cake and cookies!
Check out today's pep talk!
hush, my sweet

-Richard Siken

Formerly SparkToFlame

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Sun Nov 16, 2014 7:58 pm
Iggy says...

Jane Austen

Sunday, November 16th 2014

Born:

December 16th, 1775

Died:

July 18th, 1817

What They Wrote:

Sense and Sensibility, Pride and Prejudice, Mansfield Park, Emma, Northanger Abbey, and Persuasion.

Most Famous For:

Pride and Prejudice

Interesting Facts About Jane Austen:

Jane was the seventh child in her family.
Jane admired the Prince Regent.
Jane first fell in love with a man named Tom Lefroy, who inspired Sense and Sensibility.
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

"Death is cheap, and so is life, but a reputation is not easily recovered."
— SirenCymbaline the Kiwi