z

Young Writers Society

Favourite Tunes?

494 Reviews

Reviews: 494
Tue Oct 14, 2014 12:38 am
View Likes
Holysocks says...

What kind of music do you listen to? I just got an iPod so I need to find some tunes to jam to. =D
100% autistic

1007 Reviews

Reviews: 1007
Tue Oct 14, 2014 2:13 am
View Likes
TimmyJake says...

*AHEM*

My choice in music isn't the norm, I am afraid... But if you like All That Echoes, you have good taste. :mrgreen:
Used to be tIMMYjAKE

414 Reviews

Reviews: 414
Tue Oct 14, 2014 2:20 am
View Likes
keystrings says...

I would say to try alternative music, like Imagine Dragons or Linkin Park. In addition, I would say try Taylor Swift or the Lumineers for slower stuff. Just sayin'. :-)
name: key/string/perks
pronouns: she/her/hers and they/them/theirs

novel: the clocktower (camp nano apr 24)
poetry: the beauty of the untold (napo 2024)

158 Reviews

Reviews: 158
Tue Oct 14, 2014 2:31 am
View Likes
Corncob says...

Well......I suggest Maroon 5. Songs About Jane is definitely their best album. Don't venture into their new stuff, unless you like high-voiced pop. Then Animal and Maps are for you 8) .
Hmm, aside from the beloved Maroon 5? It depends what genre you're into. I like alternative with some good guitar solos mixed in, so I'd definitely recommend Green Day (again, the older albums are marginally better than their newer; 21st Century Break Down is probably my favorite), which an awesome band.
I mean, tell us what kind of jams you like now, and I can recommend similar tunes. Alternative? Pop? Rock? Grunge? Country? (Pulls face. Sorry.)
Elaborate, and I've got loads of suggestions!
Btw, two singles that I LOVE: Riptide by Vance Joy and Stolen Dance by Milky Chance. Enjoy!

301 Reviews

Reviews: 301
Tue Oct 14, 2014 3:38 am
View Likes
Snowery says...

Well my favourite band EVER is Florence + the Machine. The lyrics and her vocals are amazing. They're especially great for writing or inspiration because of all the imagery she uses and the all encompassing sounds.

I also like Evanescence. They have pretty awesome tunes. Linkin Park, Imagine Dragons, Panic at the disco, Fall Out Boy. Yeah :D
The World Is Mine.

494 Reviews

Reviews: 494
Tue Oct 14, 2014 5:06 am
View Likes
Holysocks says...

@TimmyJake- I'll check that out. 8) @PerksOfBeingAReader- I haven't heard of Linkin Park, cool, I see what it's like! @1morestupidlovesong- I don't really like a genre in general, just different song... That's why I need lots of suggestions. :-D Thanks for all the ones you suggested ( feel free to add more )! @Silverlock- cool! I've never heard of Florence ( + the machine? Is that park of the band name? )!
100% autistic

25 Reviews

Reviews: 25
Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:28 am
View Likes
PrehistoricEchoes says...

Let's see. Favorite bands? Daughtry (rock/pop) and Carbon Leaf (Irish Folk Rock). Favorite musicians? Jeff and Casey Williams are really good at their music (which is a lot of genres). And Thomas Bergersen is the greatest composer of this century. There, I said it. XD Been listening to a lot of Duncan Shiek lately, too.

If you want some samples, "Battleships," "One Prarie Outpost," "Red Like Roses Part 2," and "Sun" in order of mention above.
My life was described in the Halo 3 Machinima, Flag Campers: "The last two hours of travel are confined to a small, hilly area. And it's all squiggly..."

301 Reviews

Reviews: 301
Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:44 am
View Likes
Snowery says...

@Holysocks yup it's part of the band name :) Not all songs may be to mainstream interest, but some that are are definitely Never Let Me Go, Cosmic Love, No Light No Light, What The Water Gave Me and Rabbit Heart. I'd love to name all the songs in their two albums but I shall contain myself XD
The World Is Mine.

382 Reviews

Reviews: 382
Tue Oct 14, 2014 11:37 am
View Likes
Dreamy says...

Folk rock is the body to my soul. Damien Rice and Ray Lamontagne are my ♥
If any person raises his hand to strike down another on the ground of religion, I shall fight him till the last breath of my life, both as the head of the Government and from outside- Jawaharlal Nehru.

44 Reviews

Reviews: 44
Tue Oct 14, 2014 12:14 pm
View Likes
SkyeWalker says...

@Silverlock. You are my new best friend. FLO!! :D :D

Also for alternative, there's Lana del Ray (<3) and Banks (Goddess is her new album).
My pronouns are they/them.

Formerly Zhia and Reneia

433 Reviews

Reviews: 433
Tue Oct 14, 2014 5:46 pm
View Likes
TakeThatYouFiend says...

I am sorry, but I am now going to recommend a good portion of my musical taste. Which is... varied.
Firstly, the incidental and basic instrumental. That is to say, no lyrics.
My super favorite music is the incidental music to Amelie, composed by Yann Tiersen. Competine D'Autre Ete (there's French hats in there etc.) I have listened to for over 48 hours (not including time sleeping) and it's about four minutes long max.
Also I have been recently recommended Detektivbyrån by a freind, and it is awesome (apparently influenced by Amelie, so...) particularly Nattöppet and Om Du Möter Varg.
The Penguin Cafe Orchestra does brilliant incidental music, particularly Music For A Found Harmonium.
Finally in the incidental category I put Mike Oldfield's tune, Tubular Bells. This is for if you have three quarters of an hour spare.
Next a few groups I like.
The Bonzo Dog Doo Dah Band, here's some entry level songs, Urban Spaceman, Wire People, No Matter Who You Vote For The Government Always Gets In, Monster Mash.
Die Prinzen:German pop. Try Be Cool Speak Deutsch and Mann Im Mond.
The Ukulele Orchestra Of Great Britain. Cover music. Try Pinball Wizard and Psycho Killer.
Sväng. Eastern European Mouthorgan Quartett. Try their cover of Merry Go Round Life.
Finally, a couple of solo performers.
Mitch Benn. Gotta love him. Try IKEA, Bouncy Bouncy Druids, Macbeth (my name is), and Imagine You Were Mine. Then listen to the rest.
Tom Lehrer, try poisoning pigeons in the park.
You know that studded leather armour in films? Nobody wore that. I mean, how would metal studs improve leather armour?

158 Reviews

Reviews: 158
Tue Oct 14, 2014 11:11 pm
View Likes
Corncob says...

Holysocks wrote:I don't really like a genre in general, just different song... That's why I need lots of suggestions. :-D Thanks for all the ones you suggested ( feel free to add more!

Emmylou by Vance Joy
Snaggletooth by Vance Joy
Last Dance by Maroon 5
Kill the DJ by Green Day
Gloria by Green Day
Last edited by Corncob on Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

355 Reviews

Reviews: 355
Thu Oct 16, 2014 2:19 pm
View Likes
LadySpark says...

Remembering Sunday- All Time Low
This is Gospel- Panic! At the Disco
Shorty Don't Wait- A Great Big World
Sinking Like a Stone- For the Foxes
Growing Up- The Maine
Grand Theft Autumn (Where is your boy?)- Fall Out Boy
Living in Another World- Neon Trees
The Scientist- Coldplay
Jasey Rae (Acoustic)- All Time Low
La La Lie- Jack's Mannequin
Oh Well, Oh Well-Mayday Parade
White Dress- Parachute
When Did Your Heart Go Missing?- Rooney
Boom, Clap- Charli XCX
hush, my sweet
these tornadoes are for you

-Richard Siken

Formerly SparkToFlame

1007 Reviews

Reviews: 1007

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Thu Oct 16, 2014 2:47 pm
View Likes
Iggy says...

@silverlock - Florence + the Machine! <3
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

There is a difference between being poor and being broke: broke is temporary; poor is eternal.
— Robert Kiyosaki