Young Writers Society

Favorite Disney Movies

Random avatar

Reviews: 56
Tue Sep 23, 2014 5:41 pm
View Likes
Cole says...

Spotswood wrote:
Cole wrote:I still think that Tangled was infinitely better than Frozen. *shrugs*

Tangled's storytelling was superior, but the songs weren't as memorable. Honestly, the only song I remembered before seeing it again in about three years was the one in the bar with the sellswords. It is really the music that makes Frozen and holds it together, making it solid (pun absolutely intended).

I disagree. I think Tangled's music talents were significantly better. Mandy Moore's sweet, high, sweeping, romantic voice lent brightness and depth to Rapunzel, the songs, and the film, and Zachary Levi's raspy, aching, whispery voice in the duet "I See the Light" was moving. Tangled wasn't only superior, in my opinion, but it stayed true to the flavor of Disney.

I love Idina Menzel, but I thought her performance, primarily in "Let It Go," was painfully twangy, awkward, and unpolished, and thought Kristen Bell's vocals were unremarkable. Frozen was good, I enjoyed it, and I even own a copy of it, but it didn't feel like a Disney movie to me.

I actually prefer Demi Lovato's version of "Let It Go" to Menzel's.

SparkToFlame wrote:God not Frozen. The music is sub par and they totally butchered the story of the snow queen.

I agree! The original story of "The Snow Queen" would have made a much more remarkable film.

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:02 pm
View Likes
Iggy says...

MULAN HOW COULD I HAVE FORGOTTEN MULAN?!!!??

Edit: aND UP AND FINDING NEMO AND WALL-E AND TOY STORY ASDFGHJKL <3
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

29 Reviews

Reviews: 29
Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:51 pm
View Likes
Spotswood says...

Cole wrote:

No just...no...

As I said earlier...ahem... "The Idina version's much better anyway."
"Often, the best way to improve is swallowing your ego and realizing you're a terrible writer in all aspects of writing, then working to improve it."
-R.U.

Random avatar

Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:57 pm
Cole says...

Spotswood wrote:
Cole wrote:

No just...no...

As I said earlier...ahem... "The Idina version's much better anyway."

I prefer it because it isn't nasally and whiny like Menzel's. It's actually catchy, lively, smooth, and Demi adds a thrilling element of punk-rock/pop to it. Demi also hits the high notes better.

52 Reviews

Reviews: 52
Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:14 pm
View Likes
Aravis10 says...

BEAUTY AND THE BEAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am in love <3
The Greatest Mistake You Can Make In Life Is To Be Continually Afraid You'll Make One. Joshua 1:9

Aravis

59 Reviews

Reviews: 59
Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:27 pm
Lucia says...

Definitely Mulan... not only is it a great movie, it has a great Original SoundTrack!!!
Runner-ups include Aladdin, Beauty and the Beast, Little Mermaid, and Tangled. In that order. :)
Let's also not forget honorable mentions: Lion King, Pocahontas, and Peter Pan.
....I'm probably forgetting something, with the way this is going.... :)
Noodles, don't noodles...

There is a saying...........
Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the present.
~ Oogway

32 Reviews

Reviews: 32
Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:26 pm
View Likes
Swiftfurthewarrior says...

Mulan and Tangled where the best two that Disney has ever done.

Let's hope Disney doesn't ruin Star Wars or The Muppets.
Hi
Spoiler! :
Yes, I know I need a signature.

An author paints with words, an artist writes with paint.

Reviews: 3

494 Reviews

Reviews: 494
Thu Sep 25, 2014 2:48 am
Holysocks says...

Anastasia, which I re-watched last night! I forgot how good that movie is. I've been re-watching a few Disney movies in the last two days, such as:

Beauty & the Beast ( which, actually, I forgot had a lot of anger in it ), Jungle Book ( I was surprised at the lack of plot development, really ), and of course, Anastasia ( which I love to bits, despite everything ).

I actually think I prefer DreamWorks in the long run... Let's face it, they brought us How to Train your Dragon. :-P
100% autistic

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Thu Sep 25, 2014 12:22 pm
View Likes
Demeter says...

Why don't we accept that not everyone likes the films we like the best? ;)

Anyway, I like all Disney films, but my absolute favourite is The Lion King (which might be guessable)! The Great Mouse Detective is my second favourite, it's amaazing. I also like Tangled, Frozen, The Fox and the Hound, Sleeping Beauty, Aladdin, Pocahontas, The Little Mermaid... etc.
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

Random avatar

Sun Sep 28, 2014 3:40 pm
Cole says...

When I was growing up, Sleeping Beauty was my favorite. I loved Maleficent because she was absolutely frightening (she looks like the devil!). And Aurora with her violet eyes and heavy locks of blonde hair always made me swoon.

Oh no, I’m sorry, you’re under the impression that here on YWS we *help* writers instead of just feeding their gremlin tendencies.
— winterwolf0100