z

Young Writers Society

Review Wars!

324 Reviews

Reviews: 324
Wed Sep 17, 2014 5:26 pm
View Likes
Evander says...

Hey! I sent this out during the most recent Review Day, telling my team not to tell the other. However, I was told by @Pompadour to share it in the Lounge! So, here it is! Parts have been edited out for not being all that helpful.

"Hello!

While talking, Raven brought up an awesome idea. It's called Review War. It's basically like a Word War, but better. You can use it for reviewing!

If you don't know what a Word War is, click here --- > Word War Winnerage

A Review War is when a group of two or more people get together and set a time limit on how long they want to review. So, if one person lives where it is... say 1:30 AM, and another person lives where is it 5:30 AM we would simply say, that the Review War would go to 30:45. (It's easier that way. ;) )

The whole point of this is to motivate others to review, so, we're going to make it... a little more fun. If you have the most characters in your review by the time it's over, you get 100 points. (The points will be donated by the losers.) Also, if you are posting the review, you're just getting the points back.

NOW, WE DO HAVE A WAY TO DETECT CHEATING.
If the other people do not believe you had that many characters in a review, we will have you paste the review into a WriterFeedPad. With the review pasted into the pad, we will copy the review into this: http://www.wordcounter.net/ and check the word count. :D Now, in doing this, I expect all of you to be fair and not use another's person's review as your own.

Okay, one last thing. When the Review War is over, you do not have to stop writing your review. You can continue and polish it, and add to it. No worries."

Now, I hope this will help you all finish reviews!

Rae,

(This was written with @ThereseCricket originally.)
Want to talk about your project? Head on over to the Writers Corner! If you have a question about writing, then head on over to Research! Is your question not big enough to warrant its own thread? Ask away in Little Details!

German rat enthusiast.

50 Reviews

Reviews: 50
Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:58 pm
KingLucifer says...

This seems like something more appropriate for Review Day in my opinion.
An angel, a knight, a man who will bring light to where there is only darkness, I am the Morning Star, the Bringer of Light, hail to me as I am King Lucifer!

Formerly: Avalon

324 Reviews

Reviews: 324
Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:48 am
Evander says...

It was originally meant for Review Day. Pompadour told me to post it.
Want to talk about your project? Head on over to the Writers Corner! If you have a question about writing, then head on over to Research! Is your question not big enough to warrant its own thread? Ask away in Little Details!

German rat enthusiast.

355 Reviews

Reviews: 355
Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:29 pm
View Likes
LadySpark says...

I think it's wonderful! :) Great idea!!
hush, my sweet
these tornadoes are for you

-Richard Siken

Formerly SparkToFlame

1334 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1334
Fri Sep 19, 2014 1:26 am
View Likes
Hannah says...

Just like word wars can be done at any time, review wars can be done at any time -- you just need to find an opponent. Nice idea!!
you can message me with anything: questions, review requests, rants
are you a green room knight yet?
have you read this week's Squills?

He who knows only his own generation remains forever a child.
— Cicero