z

Young Writers Society

What's the most outrageous thing you used to believe?

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:18 am
View Likes
Snoink says...

I used to think that I had magical powers with roses and their thorns would never hurt me because I was named Rose.

Weirdly enough, even though I had blood drawn multiple times from roses, I still believed this for the longest time. I just thought that they were mad at me, and thus I probably deserved it.
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

494 Reviews

Reviews: 494
Thu Mar 19, 2015 4:47 pm
View Likes
Holysocks says...

The most outrageous thing I believed as a child, was my dad. Mhmm. He used to tell us all kinds of things, that weren't entirely true, such as: Polyester comes from little polyester critters, which they havest polyester from, and make clothes out of. Or he'd start reading a story to me and my sister, but end up making his own up as he went ( we figured that out pretty quick ).

He also made up imaginary friends for my sister, which were two mice that lived under her pillow named Frank and I don't remember the other's name. But he'd tell her about their lives and such. Their wives were commonly mentioned.

Anyway, as a result, now we both have trouble believing him on certain things. And he wonders why! XD
100% autistic

862 Reviews

Reviews: 862
Thu Mar 19, 2015 5:07 pm
View Likes
Morrigan says...

I used to believe that men with beards were always villains. As a result, I was terrified of men with beards.
"So many poems growing outta them they're practically a poet-tree"
Gringoamericano

346 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 346
Thu Mar 19, 2015 6:34 pm
Pretzelstick says...

I always used to think that men or women with tattoos were bad guys so I stayed as far away as possible from them. now I am the one that really wants a tattoo in the long-future
I also used to believe that "America" was the only place in the world. (that was until I learned geography) ;)
Also when I was little I used to think that computers are only for adults! x.x
Yesh, I know that I was a weird little kid ;)
That' it!
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads only lives once
~George R. Martin

Life isn't about finding yourself; it's about recreating yourself. ~George B. Shaw

got yws?

141 Reviews

Reviews: 141
Thu Mar 19, 2015 6:58 pm
View Likes
Hattable says...

I used to think that:

Spoiler! :
1. When people got married the woman instantly got pregnant, after they kissed.

2. All births were c-sections.

3. Eating the seeds of a watermelon would grow one in my stomach, but only the black seeds. I still avoid them to this day :P

4. Every time you played a DVD the actors would have to reenact the movie and it would be streamed live to your TV. I always wondered how they spoke backwards or really fast when you re-winded/fast-forwarded the movie. I was also impressed that they said their lines EXACTLY the same way every time!

5. I used to try to make things move with my mind 'cause I thought if I concentrated enough it would work.

6. Also tried using the Force a few times...

7. I thought I had to ability to see other places, or from another person's POV but all I did was close my eyes and imagine what stuff looked like from where they were facing it. It kind of works...

8. One time I had a dream that I could fly or float just by running and then leaping into the air, sending me floating in the direction I leaped and woke up thinking "I'm gonna do that today, it'll be so much fun!" Needless to say I was disappointed :(

9. I thought that every time we went to a bank someone would try to rob it.

10. Also thought that most airplanes crash landed so every time I heard one overhead I would run. Not that hiding in a closet would protect me from a crashing aircraft -_-

11. And of course, blankets protect me from the monsters at night. I actually still hide beneath my blankets, not for fear of the dark but for fear of my imagination. Also it's become a sort of habit by now, and it makes sense... Like, why cover all of your body but your arms and head? They could get cold and you'd get sick! :P

I'm sure there's more and I'll post another reply ifwhen I remember them.
"I remember I posted Klingon and it made the mods super hard" -Willard

Prok once said something about Nate and apple pie. I forget the context.

170 Reviews

Reviews: 170
Thu Mar 19, 2015 7:16 pm
View Likes
deleted5 says...

I used to believe adults talked in a different language when talking to each other XD
I AM YOUR GOD. -AlexSushiDog
Checkmate Atheists.

141 Reviews

Thu Mar 19, 2015 7:32 pm
Hattable says...

@AlexSushiDog did you not understand the big words they were using or did all adults speak foreign languages around you? :/ XD

170 Reviews

Reviews: 170
Thu Mar 19, 2015 7:35 pm
deleted5 says...

@JKHatt all the big words like things to do with money and stuff XD I thought they changed back when they talked to kids.
I AM YOUR GOD. -AlexSushiDog
Checkmate Atheists.

25 Reviews

Reviews: 25
Thu Mar 19, 2015 7:49 pm
View Likes
bellathebookworm says...

I used to believe that everyone besides me was a monster/robot (it changed slightly as I became older) and that when I was around them, they were commanded to act normal. When I left, they would become their true selves and communicate to their master what they had learned about me so he could eventually destroy me. He wanted to destroy me because I had secret superpowers which would enable me to destroy him. I was constantly hoping that my powers would appear so I could defeat my monster parents in a dramatic battle.

My mom never understood why I would sprint into her room, yelling "I knew it!" after I told her I was going to bed.

32 Reviews

Reviews: 32
Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:51 pm
Swiftfurthewarrior says...

I also used to believe that I planted the (100 year-old?) Banyan/Ficus in my yard.

Spoiler! :
I don't think my siblings or parents told me very many things like the tooth fairy being real.
Hi
Spoiler! :
Yes, I know I need a signature.

An author paints with words, an artist writes with paint.

141 Reviews

Thu Mar 19, 2015 11:31 pm
Hattable says...

@Swiftfurthewarrior you must've had quite a green thumb :P

Also, you need a signature.

32 Reviews

Reviews: 32
Fri Mar 20, 2015 5:37 pm
Swiftfurthewarrior says...

Quite the opposite, JKHatt.
I couldn't keep a garden alive for a week, much less 100 years. ;)

Also, your signature is an oxymoron.
Hi
Spoiler! :
Yes, I know I need a signature.

An author paints with words, an artist writes with paint.

1085 Reviews

Reviews: 1085
Fri Mar 20, 2015 6:45 pm
View Likes
Mea says...

I used to believe that if I kept everything but my head under my covers, I would be safe because monsters didn't like the taste of brains.
We're all stories in the end.

I think of you as a fairy with a green dress and a flower crown and stuff.
-EternalRain

I think you, @Deanie and I are like the Three Book Nerd Musketeers of YWS.
-bluewaterlily

212 Reviews

Reviews: 212
Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:25 pm
View Likes
TheCrimsonLady says...

I used to believe that my parents were part of the Russian mafia.
I kid you not.
I also used to believe that I could talk to fairies.
I also used to believe that everybody else could read minds and that only I couldn't. (My mum is crazy at this, but I think it's just being able to read body language and facial cues.)
I thought that alcohol came from fruit (like an alcohol fruit).

I live an odd life.
Let the blood pour down in rivers as the world burns.

456 Reviews

Reviews: 456
Sat Mar 21, 2015 12:17 am
View Likes
EternalRain says...

There are only three things I can think of right now;

1. The moon follows you (I'm pretty sure a ton of people thought this. XD. So not so outrageous)

2. I thought there were little men who lived inside traffic lights, and they would switch the light whenever the cars needed to stop/go.

3. I used to think fairies were real >.< (They still are, in my imagination of course XP)
“Fate is like a strange, unpopular restaurant filled with odd little waiters who bring you things you never asked for and don't always like.”

-- Lemony Snicket

Check out Squills!

Need a Review?

If you have to ask, "Is this cliche?", it probably is.
— - no name -