z

Young Writers Society

What's the most outrageous thing you used to believe?

347 Reviews

Reviews: 347
Wed Sep 03, 2014 6:11 pm
View Likes
OliveDreams says...

I used to believe that buffalos really did have wings…

They must have just been REALLY small
"There is a dead spot in the night, that coldest, blackest time when the world has forgotten evening and dawn is not yet a promise."

170 Reviews

Reviews: 170
Wed Sep 03, 2014 6:26 pm
View Likes
deleted5 says...

I used to believe if you went to the cinema and looked at the screen you would turn into that character. *blushes* I DIDN'T WANT TO BE SHREK!
I AM YOUR GOD. -AlexSushiDog
Checkmate Atheists.

113 Reviews

Reviews: 113
Wed Sep 03, 2014 6:29 pm
View Likes
Sherri says...

I used to believe that my stuffed animals would get up and walk around in my room. If I didn't treat them well and put them away like I was supposed to, they would sit on my pillow and stare at me all night, giving me nightmares. One guess who planted that seed:
M. O. M. :D
* Hey, just in case this pit isn't actually bottomless, do you think maybe you could unstrap one of those long-fall boots of yours and shove me into it? Just remember to land on one foot... *
I love GLaDOS...

347 Reviews

Reviews: 347
Wed Sep 03, 2014 6:43 pm
View Likes
OliveDreams says...

Haha I love those!

I used to believe that if you accidently swallowed an apple pip..

A full blown apple tree would start growing inside you.

Weirdly, it didn't seem to worry me as much as it should!
"There is a dead spot in the night, that coldest, blackest time when the world has forgotten evening and dawn is not yet a promise."

29 Reviews

Reviews: 29
Wed Sep 03, 2014 6:48 pm
View Likes
Spotswood says...

1. That Santa Claus actually invited me to the North Pole

2. That George Forman wasn't real

3. That I'd find a girlfriend in high school

4. That I was actually Holden Caulfield
"Often, the best way to improve is swallowing your ego and realizing you're a terrible writer in all aspects of writing, then working to improve it."
-R.U.

317 Reviews

Reviews: 317
Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:10 pm
View Likes
lostthought says...

1. The care bears were going to get me.

2. Lemony Snicket was real.

3. I'm going to die at age ten.
"Aaloo is potato in urdu, like AAAAAA-loo, or like AAAAA-look such delicious deliciousness."
-Pompadour

"MY SOUL IS A GREY ABYSS"
-QueenOfHearts

170 Reviews

Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:22 pm
View Likes
deleted5 says...

1) I used to think teachers lived at school.

2) I used to pretend I had a guinea pig.

3) If I pointed at people and coughed they would get ill.

4) The lollipop man is awesome.
Checkmate Atheists.

560 Reviews

Reviews: 560
Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:14 pm
View Likes
Tenyo says...

My parents used to tell me that the tooth fairy was real, but I knew otherwise. I even did a test to prove it- I didn't tell anybody that I lost my tooth but put it under my pillow anyway, and when the tooth fairy didn't come that proved that it was all a total farce and someone else was putting the money under my pillow.

But I played along anyway and pretended she was real because I thought my parents still believed in it and didn't have the heart to tell them otherwise.
We were born to be amazing.

16 Reviews

Reviews: 16
Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:18 pm
View Likes
MarbleToast says...

I used to believe that if I properly sat on the toilet, a venomous snake would bite me on...y'know...
Dreams sprout tall so beautiful
to wither and fall off
Old and dusty, creaky and rough
This clockwork will not rest

29 Reviews

Reviews: 29
Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:21 pm
Spotswood says...

MarbleToast wrote:I used to believe that if I properly sat on the toilet, a venomous snake would bite me on...y'know...

Reminds me of that one other scene from...

Spoiler! :
(language)
phpBB [media]
"Often, the best way to improve is swallowing your ego and realizing you're a terrible writer in all aspects of writing, then working to improve it."
-R.U.

170 Reviews

Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:26 pm
View Likes
deleted5 says...

Tenyo wrote:My parents used to tell me that the tooth fairy was real, but I knew otherwise. I even did a test to prove it- I didn't tell anybody that I lost my tooth but put it under my pillow anyway, and when the tooth fairy didn't come that proved that it was all a total farce and someone else was putting the money under my pillow.

But I played along anyway and pretended she was real because I thought my parents still believed in it and didn't have the heart to tell them otherwise.

I knew for years that she ain't real I just wanted money. :P
Checkmate Atheists.

113 Reviews

Reviews: 113
Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:28 pm
View Likes
Sherri says...

I also had this dream-catcher, and believed that if you shook it or accidentally bumped into it, the bad dreams would escape and I would have the nightmares again. I only believed in this because one time I hit my head on it (it was hanging from one of my ceiling fan pullstrings), went to bed thinking about it, and had a terrifying nightmare that I had dreamed a year or so before. It still creeps me out, but I know it isn't true... XD I was ten, so you'll have to cut me some slack there XD
* Hey, just in case this pit isn't actually bottomless, do you think maybe you could unstrap one of those long-fall boots of yours and shove me into it? Just remember to land on one foot... *
I love GLaDOS...

107 Reviews

Reviews: 107
Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:19 pm
View Likes
Alpha says...

Well, when we went to england and visited tourist-y places in london, dad led me to believe that the queen invited us for dinner. I even left a space for her signature in my diary.

I should have known better, really. >.>

I also used to think that each country was a separate planet! I think that was because of a picture I saw in an encyclopedia about the break-up of pangaea.

Spoiler! :
And I also thought that girls could hide their nipples, thanks to WITCH comics. I don't even know.

494 Reviews

Reviews: 494
Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:31 pm
View Likes
Holysocks says...

I used to believe that 'politics' meant 'gore'....

I was not a gullible child >.>
100% autistic

155 Reviews

Reviews: 155
Thu Sep 04, 2014 4:48 am
View Likes
Prokaryote says...

I occasionally believe I have telekinetic powers, but they never pan out.

The Twelve Makeovers of Haircules is the stuff of legend. He defeated the Erymanthian Beard. One could say it was a hair raising adventure.
— KateHardy