z

Young Writers Society

What do you want to be when you grow up?

34 Reviews

Reviews: 34
Sun Aug 10, 2014 4:18 pm
ElizabethFiction says...

I'm already grown up (by age, at least) so I'm on my way to becoming a daycare worker. I'm going into my 3rd year of college this fall and I CANNOT wait to get my Bachelors. Just... two... more... years... I can do it!

20 Reviews

Reviews: 20
Sun Aug 10, 2014 4:37 pm
View Likes
Pamplemousse says...

I'm planning on doing Computer Science and Journalism. Of course I'll still try to be an author, though. Those are just what I want my main career to be in.
“Admire my gaytime in the mist of purple~” -lostthought, 2015.
~~~~~~~~~~~Usernames~~~~~~~~~~~
Pamplemousse (4/16/14-Now)
Lateritic (8/21/13-4/16/14)
Kittyz101 (3/11/13-8/21/13)

191 Reviews

Reviews: 191

1227 Reviews

Reviews: 1227
Sun Aug 10, 2014 5:33 pm
View Likes
alliyah says...

When I grow up I want to be... Awesome!

I just write for fun, no ambition to ever try to get published.
you should know i am a time traveler &
there is no season as achingly temporary as now
but i have promised to return

1125 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1125
Sun Aug 10, 2014 6:51 pm
View Likes
StellaThomas says...

@smile what's the difference between a famous surgeon and a normal surgeon? Ha.

Sometimes I think about being a neurosurgeon... Then I remember I would have to do training as a general surgeon first and ugh. Also neurosurgery they can kick you out of the programme at any minute because your hands aren't steady enough.

@carbonCore - shine on.
"Stella. You were in my dream the other night. And everyone called you Princess." -Lauren2010

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Sun Aug 10, 2014 7:24 pm
View Likes
Zolen says...

I want to be Zolen when I grow up.
Self quoting is the key to sounding wise and all knowing.

401 Reviews

Reviews: 401
Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:10 pm
View Likes
ThereseCricket says...

Hmm, totes a hard question...

1) A concert pianist (I'd gladly play the piano, every day, all day)
2) A published author (oh, don't we all want this, on this site?)
3) Er, I've always enjoyed biology, and astronomy, so maybe one of those might be in there.

And yup, can't make up my mind! :P
In Truth Unity,
In Doubt Liberty,
In all things Charity.

62 Reviews

Reviews: 62
Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:27 pm
View Likes
ThePatchworkPilgrims says...

Well, I've always had a passion for music and history, so I'd either want to be a conductor of an symphony orcestra (love classic music!), a proffesor of History or archeaologist or a serial killer XD.
And there you have it
Former incarnations have been:
TheWanderingWizard
TheClockworkConjurer
TheIllusiveIntellect
TheSunderingSorceror
And, TheMaieuticMesmerist

Proudly [They/Them]

29 Reviews

Reviews: 29
Mon Aug 11, 2014 2:01 am
Spotswood says...

So, it is 99.9% unlikely that anyone will be a breakout author after college, so I will make it something I do on the side. I know I will get published at some point, but there is no rush.

I want to do something that involves writing and I have considered several things. I COULD always prostitute myself to hollywood and assist with writing screenplays, but again that is far fetched.

Now, something TANGIBLE would be working as a writer for a company like BioWare. BioWare is a critically acclaimed company known for creating epic stories with extremely deep and developed characters. It has also helped launch the careers of several authors in the past. I would be BEYOND content with a job like that.

People have also always told me I should be a lawyer or lobbyist. That would also ensure a good financial state. And then I will end up getting married at the age of thirty-four to either Elsa from Frozen or a lovely brunette with an english accent and ten years my junior.
"Often, the best way to improve is swallowing your ego and realizing you're a terrible writer in all aspects of writing, then working to improve it."
-R.U.

494 Reviews

Reviews: 494
Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:02 am
View Likes
Holysocks says...

So many things...

I'll stick with what I'm aiming for lately because there are far too many things that I have wanted to be.

1. A writer ( but of course! ).
2. A Paramedic.
3. A first aid instructor ( I found out a little while ago that I'm actually not too bad at public speaking ).

I figure the three above I could pull off together. Instructing isn't a full-time job ( most Paramedics end up teaching at some point in their career anyway ), and of course writing can be done at any time.

4. I'd like to work with kids that have Autism and other things such as that. It's very possible, and lots of people have said that they think I'd be good at it. I also love be around kids like that. Kids are so amazing. ( Keep in mind that all the things I'm considering are things that I love doing, I'm not in anything for the money... I seriously love a lot of things )

5. I want to work at TF Frozen Yogurt at some point in my life. :3

6. I'd like to try having a book store/bakery/coffee house some day, maybe. Though this is one thing that I'm not too sure about... we'll have to see what life throws my way...

I know this all sounds a bit crazy, but there's just a heck of a lot that I'd like to do... I feel sorry for people that don't know what to do with their lives. :(

The thing is... none of these things are fallback plans or anything... I'm really going to try my hardest to do as many of them as I can because I really have to squeeze as much in as I can BECAUSE... I only have one life, right? I don't want to leave any cards unturned.

I also do art, and I had wanted to try for maybe doing cover art... but to tell you the truth, art really stresses me out. Most people find art relaxing, but not me... I've almost been in tears many times over the stuff and it drives me crazy!

7. I have this growing dream that I want to go to some country like Africa or something, and do something useful with myself ( just a dream, but dreams can come true ).

I could go on... but my ribs hurt...
100% autistic

494 Reviews

Reviews: 494
Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:09 am
View Likes
Holysocks says...

There's also lots of shops around my town that I'd like to try out one day ( a stain glass making place, an art store, book stores, etc. )

I also find Phycology very interesting.
100% autistic

191 Reviews

Reviews: 191
Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:34 am
View Likes
carbonCore says...

I'll re-invade with a boring/serious answer now

I want to be programming for a living, which is something I already do, but not enough to support myself. Once I can make enough money to keep myself and my family afloat, I want to write a little bit on the side, make video games perhaps, and keep an apiary.
_

382 Reviews

Reviews: 382
Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:22 am
View Likes
Dreamy says...

Grow up.
If any person raises his hand to strike down another on the ground of religion, I shall fight him till the last breath of my life, both as the head of the Government and from outside- Jawaharlal Nehru.

1007 Reviews

Reviews: 1007
Mon Aug 11, 2014 1:47 pm
View Likes
TimmyJake says...

yeah, I guess I would just be joining the ranks of those who say they want to be a writer when they "grow up" <--- Don't you love that phrase? Sounds like something a kid would say. "When I get big, I am gonna..."

But yes, writing started to interest me three years ago, and two weeks after beginning to write, I began my first book--still not finished yet, because I won't call it done, but have to continually rewrite it. Writing is something I found I was hesitant to tell anyone about, even my friends--but especially my parents. I still don't know why. They now know. :D
Used to be tIMMYjAKE

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Mon Aug 11, 2014 5:00 pm
View Likes
Amoniel says...

I'd like to have at least one book published in my lifetime, which probably means that I want to be an author, but I'm considering/probably will be taking law in college; so I'll probably be a lawyer or judge at some point. This is dreaming big, but I'd like to work in a government job (Amoniel for president, yes? xD).

If I don't study law, I'll probably take economics and (hopefully) become a CEO of some business or another.

A major dream of mine is to (yes, yes, I know it is cheesy and highly unlikely) become an accomplished - to at least some extent - actor. xD Again, highly unlikely, and unless something drastic happens I probably won't go in that direction.

A snowball in the face is surely the perfect beginning to a lasting friendship.
— Markus Zusak, The Book Thief