Elsa
29%

Total votes : 107

29 Reviews

Reviews: 29
Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:39 pm
View Likes
Spotswood says...

Alright guys, whom do you think the most attractive Disney princess is? I excluded some characters that are referred to as "Disney Princesses" because they are not actually princesses at all (Mulan, even though I was quite tempted but Pocohantas is slightly more important; Tiana; Meg; Esmerelda). Pocahantas I don't really consider a princess, but still, she is a major one according to like everybody, so it would be unfair to exlude her.

I was also tempted to make Pat Buchanaan a choice but I am limited to ten options per poll. Plus everybody would choose him.

So, there you have it. Pick a princess and defend your reasoning. I would have put it in the serious discussion section, but this one would be kinda pushing it (As my "Who should Rule the Iron Throne" thread kinda was, in my opinion).

I can tell the future, however. Most of you will pick either Anna or Elsa. :P
"Often, the best way to improve is swallowing your ego and realizing you're a terrible writer in all aspects of writing, then working to improve it."
-R.U.

29 Reviews

Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:39 pm
Spotswood says...

You may also pick Princess Leiah...
"Often, the best way to improve is swallowing your ego and realizing you're a terrible writer in all aspects of writing, then working to improve it."
-R.U.

745 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 745
Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:43 pm
View Likes
Lumi says...

None of the above. Tiana wins by far in beauty and personality, character depth, etc.

Elsa is a princess for about fifteen minutes of her movie, so meh.
I am a forest fire and an ocean, and I will burn you just as much
as I will drown everything you have inside.
-Shinji Moon

I am the property of Rydia, please return me to her ship.

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:45 pm
View Likes
Iggy says...

ARIEL.
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

Random avatar

Reviews: 56
Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:48 pm
View Likes
Cole says...

For "hottest" princess (relying solely on sex appeal), I would argue that it is Ariel, who is half-naked for most of her film.

However, I don't think she's the "best" Disney princess, or at least my favorite.

347 Reviews

Reviews: 347
Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:49 pm
View Likes
OliveDreams says...

Erm.

Have you seen the moment Elsa walks in that blue/glitter dress?!

Hello legs/hips!
"There is a dead spot in the night, that coldest, blackest time when the world has forgotten evening and dawn is not yet a promise."

29 Reviews

Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:50 pm
Spotswood says...

I honestly did not find Tiana all that deep. She kisses a frog, falls in love with him, the end. I know the movie was basically a metaphor for not judging a book by its cover and going with the flow, plus I also liked the setting and the whole idea of ethnic roles as compared to gender roles, as is the case in most Disney movies. Tiana is able to overcome the racial expectations of her class and, by going with it, she is able to rise above that through faith.

Other than that, she isn't all that deep. Her backstory isn't all that unique (except the whole segregation in the South thing, which IS unique for a Disney film and makes it appealing from an un-cliched and historical perspective)

She is pretty, but she isn't really my type. Don't judge me if you have assumptions as to why that may be.
-R.U.

Random avatar

Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:53 pm
View Likes
Cole says...

I am so over Frozen. Don't even talk about Elsa right now.

29 Reviews

Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:55 pm
View Likes
Spotswood says...

Let it go dude, let it go...
-R.U.

745 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:56 pm
View Likes
Lumi says...

Cole wrote:I am so over Frozen. Don't even talk about Elsa right now.

@Cole, would you say that you're giving Elsa...the cold shoulder?
-Shinji Moon

Random avatar

Reviews: 328
Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:58 pm
View Likes
deleted30 says...

[deleted]
Last edited by deleted30 on Tue Jul 21, 2020 12:58 am, edited 3 times in total.

347 Reviews

Reviews: 347
Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:01 pm
View Likes
OliveDreams says...

I would sacrifice most things to get my hands on Belle's gold dress.

Think of all those precious twirling hours.

*sigh*
"There is a dead spot in the night, that coldest, blackest time when the world has forgotten evening and dawn is not yet a promise."

Random avatar

Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:02 pm
View Likes
Cole says...

I would have to say my favorite princess is Rapunzel. When I was a kid, it was Aurora, but then I discovered that Disney princesses could be more than plot points.

Lumi wrote:
Cole wrote:I am so over Frozen. Don't even talk about Elsa right now.

@Cole, would you say that you're giving Elsa...the cold shoulder?

Oh my goodness.

Frozen isn't even a fixer-upper. It's unsalvageable.

29 Reviews

Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:05 pm
Spotswood says...

You have such a cold heart, dude. She's awesome.

She has an amazing body. Her swaying hips. Oh God. She does have "sex appeal" and that makes me feel extremely dirty since she is an innocent cartoon character (unless if you can back that up with the fact that she is from a fairy tale originally, and that isn't half as bad to say you are attracted to a book character, even if she is evil [I also think the Snow Queen inspired C.S. Lewis]).

In terms of personality, I still say Elsa. She is rather deep and I can relate to her since she's manic depressive :P

I may relate a little more to Anna, and Rapunzel is nice too, but both of them are taken. The point of Frozen is that Elsa has no love interest, and she better not if they make a Frozen 2, which I bet they will do if they make it *facepalm*, therefore ruining the whole point. I don't even know if I want a sequel, because the point of the musical is really that there is only one. If they do a sequel, it better not be direct to dvd!

I also HATE Jelsa for SO many reasons. It makes me want to go outside and freeze to death.

Finally, I hate the whole lesbian subtext interpretation. Let it Go was about being who you are, period. She isn't a lesbian. People misinterpret that, especially crazy fundamentalist christians, and think that she is lesbian and it is promoting homosexuality JUST because it teaches us to accept who we are.

I still think, her being MD, that she was having an episode while she sang :D
-R.U.

745 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:06 pm
View Likes
Lumi says...

Cole wrote:Frozen isn't even a fixer-upper. It's unsalvageable.

You just want everyone to admire Esmerelda. I can see it in your Phoebus.
-Shinji Moon

I could literally be Obama and you guys would never know.
— AilahEvelynMae