z

Young Writers Society

Why do you write?

394 Reviews

Reviews: 394
Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:19 am
View Likes
KnightTeen says...

I need writing like I need air to breathe.

I write because it is my way of showing you me, those little bits that I hide away from the world. It's easier to do it here than anywhere else, mainly because few people outside my family know that I write.
Screw Yolo. I'm a cat. Nine lives losers!

I think I used to be HomeschooledTeen

50 Reviews

Reviews: 50
Thu Apr 10, 2014 1:04 am
View Likes
KingLucifer says...

At first it started as something to vent my frustration and anger though due to the turmoil going on in my life when I was in 4th grade. I'd base characters and plots off things I saw and felt. being lonely, no friends, no one I felt understood me since my mental age was supposedly higher than it should have been. So I surrounded myself with books, words, and video games.
An angel, a knight, a man who will bring light to where there is only darkness, I am the Morning Star, the Bringer of Light, hail to me as I am King Lucifer!

Formerly: Avalon

62 Reviews

Reviews: 62
Thu Apr 10, 2014 2:23 am
View Likes
Poopsie says...

its like weed except less illegal (for me)
The Poopsiest.

JOIN THE RABBIT SQUAD TODAY

:smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003

I am 100 Percent Garbage
USED TO BE VERSER
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

20 Reviews

Reviews: 20
Thu Apr 10, 2014 2:40 am
View Likes
KindlingDragonsFire says...

I write because I need something to pour my head into. My head is constantly churning with ideas and sometimes it's a curse, and it just won't stop. So I write to escape my head, or the world, or even this reality, as it depresses me more day after day. And, to boot, writing is just fun and relaxing sometimes.
If writers wrote as carelessly as some people talk, then adhasdh asdglaseuyt[bn[ pasdlgkhasdfasdf.
-Lemony Snicket

151 Reviews

Reviews: 151
Thu May 29, 2014 12:57 am
View Likes
Pinkiegirl13 says...

To show express my ideas.
I hate myself!

123 Reviews

Reviews: 123
Thu May 29, 2014 1:30 am
View Likes
Milanimo says...

I write because I want to not only express my emotions and opinions, but to make people think. The world is full of people with hard set opinions and I enjoy making people sit back and think about their lives. Inspiring others to think about their own lives and discover something within themselves is hard for me by just talking. Writing gives me more of a voice, especially when no one has a predetermined idea of who I am, so it's like a faceless voice that tells you something you've never thought of.

Writing is an outlet for things I'm too afraid to say, but I have to because it helps me get points across and better others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

359 Reviews

Reviews: 359
Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:39 pm
View Likes
steampowered says...

I write because otherwise I'd explode! I have so many ideas and when I get hooked on a story I have to write it down and turn it from something that exists only in my head to something tangible. Even if I never share my stories, it makes my thoughts and feelings in a way immortal. Plus I really enjoy it! :)
Live well. Learn lots. Question everything.

59 Reviews

Reviews: 59
Tue Dec 16, 2014 2:51 pm
View Likes
Sunshine1113 says...

I write because it's just apart of me just as much as my nose and arms are. It's in my bloodline, it's my freedom, it's my way to create and express how I'm feeling, what's on my mind, to show others the entire hundreds of universes that are trapped inside my head. It's how I cope with things, it's another form of artistic expression where I can make people feel and think however and whatever I want. It's control and freedom all at once. It's my entire soul and life.
~Sun Goddess~

494 Reviews

Reviews: 494
Tue Dec 16, 2014 5:12 pm
View Likes
Holysocks says...

I don't have a choice... I would probably explode with all the unwritten stories in my head. I started because it was a matter of life, and death. O.o
100% autistic

131 Reviews

Reviews: 131
Wed Dec 17, 2014 5:27 pm
View Likes
godlypopo says...

I write to explore the little world inside of me and so I have a record of all of my strange, yet inspiring dreams.
Our mind is a network of doorways, each one leading to a different room of thoughts and imagined ideas. Every time we read or learn about something new, a new network of doorways is born

Smile

401 Reviews

Reviews: 401
Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:47 am
View Likes
ThereseCricket says...

Well this may seem a little not poetic after all the replies above, but... I write because I saw that others were doing it, and I figured that if they could do it then so could I. *knows that it sounds extremely un-poetic* :mrgreen:
In Truth Unity,
In Doubt Liberty,
In all things Charity.

93 Reviews

Reviews: 93
Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:16 am
View Likes
Lefty says...

Why do I write? I'm not sure. I have always written. From the time I was five or six years old I would staple pages together then draw pictures in them with crayon and write a story to go with it. I remember one of the first "books" I wrote was about two astronauts. Their names were "fat guy" and "skinny guy". My dad gave me excellent advice after reading that. He told me to give them names. Haha, like I said, excellent advice. But you have to start somewhere, right?

No one in my family wrote much... Except for maybe my brother here and there. Perhaps that's where I got the idea from.

Sometimes I feel giddy and excited after a writing session, but most of the time it frustrates me more than anything. Not finding the right words or knowing where to take it or becoming frustrated with feeling restricted by my vocabulary abilities. I'm a perfectionist after all. Yet, for some reason, I always think about writing. Whether I find it fun or grueling, the thought of writing is on my mind everyday. In some ways, I feel like I was chosen to write. Haha, I'm not sure I have a choice.

I guess it's pretty amazing how you can create a world and people out of your head. It's like creating something out of nothing, which is generally considered impossible. So, in a way, writers accomplish the impossible, they make... magic. And this thing that you and only you can create can bring laughter and tears to those you share it with. It can even change someones life or give them a new outlook on something. It's pretty amazing what writers can do, and there's so much beauty in it too. And if you're able to bring down your walls and write from your heart, the feeling of expressing yourself and the relief that it brings is like no other. So... Maybe it's a combination of all those reasons as to why I write. I will probably find new reasons for many years to come as I learn more about writing and more about myself and about life, but for now, I think that may be why I write.
Hear me out, there's so much more to life than what you're feeling now. Someday you'll look back on all these days, and all this pain is gonna be invisible. - Hunter Hayes

Random avatar

Reviews: 139
Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:17 pm
deleted21 says...

I write because it simply makes me happy! :3 I've noticed it before, I don't write for any great purposes or for people or anything! It's just for myself. Probably it's creepy and selfish but honestly as long as I like what I write, I don't care for others. :3

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:26 pm
Storygirl95 says...

I write because my characters have no regard for the fact that I have needs like eating, sleeping, and engaging in human company.
So pretty much it's that I either write or I don't get to sleep more than a few hours. They're quite noisy in my head. :P
Johnny was a chemist's son but Johnny is no more, for what Johnny thought was H2O was H2SO4. :wink:

20 Reviews

Reviews: 20
Sat Oct 24, 2015 7:27 pm
SinisterPotatoe says...

For poetry, it's to express myself, but also to better understand myself. When I write short stories and work on my novel The Life Of Kronus it's to lose myself in a world of my own imagination, where the rules can all be bent or changed and almost anything is possible. I get to leave my life as a student and suddenly become something more. That is why I write.

History is the version of past events that people have decided to agree upon.
— Napoleon Bonaparte