z

Young Writers Society

Writer of the Week

6 Reviews

Reviews: 6
Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:49 pm
View Likes
RobinSparkles says...

Welcome to the Official Writer of the Week Thread!!

Ok, from now on, WOTW (or Writer of the Week) will be posted in this thread only so we don't clutter the forums with a bunch of different topics. ;) Feel free to subscribe if you want to be kept abreast of who's WOTW each week! :D You can also subscribe to the brand-new fan club, found HERE: clubs/1870/wall

Now, for the announcement part (aka the FUN part). This week's WOTW - Poetry Edition is...

@RachelLeeAnn!!

Congratulations!! :smt026 :smt026

We've decided to break down WOTW into categories. There's a short story category, a poetry category (which is what this week is), a novel/chapter category, and an article/essay category. The super-amazing @RachelLeeAnn was chosen for her super-amazing poetry merits, you see. ;)

It's hard to deny that RachelLeeAnn has made a big impact on the poetry section of YWS. She's been here since just this past December, and already has uploaded twenty-one (amazing) poems, plus a novel prologue! Yeah, this girl's on fire.

But not only has she published a lot, she's also posted poems of the utmost quality and care. You can tell this girl's got talent after reading only a few lines.

Don't believe me? Check out her portfolio here: profile/RachelLeeAnn/portfolio

So please, put your hands together/give a bow/twirl around in circles for the amazing RachelLeeAnn! (Or, you know, just congratulate her.)
Last edited by RobinSparkles on Wed Apr 09, 2014 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Writer of the Week : I'M A JUDGE!

Random avatar

Reviews: 328
Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:01 pm
View Likes
deleted30 says...

Congrats, RachelLeeAnn! :D

Important Notes:

This thread's purpose is not only to acknowledge WOTW, but also a place where people can come to alert us of awesome writers. This does not mean that if you were to come here and tell us a member called IHateJello is a great writer, they would win WOTW. Telling us someone's a good writer doesn't mean you're nominating them, and therefore, it doesn't mean this person is even in the running (because some of y'all might just nominate friends and we can't have that, can we?). However, anyone that would like to mention a good writer to us here definitely can, and I promise we will look at anyone suggested to us. We'll check out their portfolio and read their works and, if we like what we see, we'll nominate them and maybe even elect them WOTW.

So feel free to give a mention to some of the good writers you see around the site, the same way you'd report a good member on the Report a Good Member thread. ;) (But keep in mind to only give a shoutout to people for their writing skills and not reviewing skills, friendliness, et cetera.)

If you'd be interested in officially nominating someone and being a judge for WOTW, you can PM me and we'll talk. I may or may not even accept you into a private club for WOTW judges which totally doesn't exist. :smt003

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:03 pm
View Likes
Vincente says...

Congratulations, RachelLeeAnn. You deserve it! :pirate3:

Reviews: 1
Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:04 pm
View Likes
Cosette4Ever says...

Congratulations on being WOTW!! @RachelLeeAnn :smt001

308 Reviews

Reviews: 308
Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:15 pm
View Likes
GoldFlame says...

See? I told you you're fantastic! Congrats! :D
“He leant tensely against the wall and frowned like a man trying to unbend a corkscrew by telekinesis.” – Douglas Adams

411 Reviews

Reviews: 411
Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:16 pm
View Likes
BenFranks says...

Very well done.

And WOTW is a great idea.

663 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 663
Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:21 pm
View Likes
Messenger says...

Thank you @BenFranks, it was all @Lucrezia's idea

123 Reviews

Reviews: 123
Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:54 pm
View Likes
FatCowsSis says...

Great job RachelLeeAnn!!
What do you call a cow with no legs?
Spoiler! :
Ground Beef

79 Reviews

Reviews: 79
Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:27 am
View Likes
RachelLeeAnn says...

Woah! Like... woah. Guys. Thanks, everyone! This just made my day! :D :D
"I think all writing is a disease. You can’t stop it." —William Carlos Williams

317 Reviews

Reviews: 317
Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:14 am
View Likes
lostthought says...

Congratz, you really did deserve it.
"Aaloo is potato in urdu, like AAAAAA-loo, or like AAAAA-look such delicious deliciousness."
-Pompadour

"MY SOUL IS A GREY ABYSS"
-QueenOfHearts

166 Reviews

Reviews: 166
Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:33 am
View Likes
Cheetah says...

Congratulations! :D
And passersby who heard his echoing laughter wondered what kind of grief man had to go through before he could laugh so free.

301 Reviews

Reviews: 301
Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:37 am
View Likes
Snowery says...

Congrats!! You totally deserve it :)
The World Is Mine.

187 Reviews

Reviews: 187
Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:33 pm
View Likes
PeanutPhoebe says...

Congrats!
Keep Writing!

PeanutPhoebe

123 Reviews

Reviews: 123
Mon Mar 24, 2014 1:11 am
View Likes
FatCowsSis says...

Alright you guys! It's that time of week again!! *looks at confused faces* Ah, yes I forget this is fairly new...

Welcome to the Writer of the Week thread!!

This is the Short Story edition, and it was a tough run..but we have come up with this week's winner! How exciting!! And now, without further ado..Congratulations to
@Laure
Yaaaay!!

Laure has been a member of YWS since September of 2013. Ever since joining the site, Laure has written many works, mainly focusing on poetry. Ever since her first work, Constellation of thoughts to her most recent, work.php?id=109621,Laure has shown her writing skills to be superb and improving. If you don't believe me, check out her portfolio ( profile/Laure/portfolio) including her amazing short story that earned her Writer of the Week.

Congrats Laure!*fireworks explode*

So do whatever you crazy people do and give a huge congratulations to our winner!
What do you call a cow with no legs?
Spoiler! :
Ground Beef

166 Reviews

Reviews: 166
Mon Mar 24, 2014 1:27 am
View Likes
Cheetah says...

Good job @Laure! :D
And passersby who heard his echoing laughter wondered what kind of grief man had to go through before he could laugh so free.

You wanna be a writer? You don't know how or when? Find a quiet place, use a humble pen.
— Paul Simon