560 Reviews

Reviews: 560
Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:07 am
View Likes
Tenyo says...

The Last Man Standing

The Last Man Standing- Wall, Questions and Sign-up

Here ye, here ye! Come all, come near!
I have a challenge for those who will hear.
A feat of conquest, to conquer and roam,
that will lead you so very far from home,
be strong, be brave, and always endure
for this road has ruined so many before.
Take with you all you love and cherish-
for the faint of heart will surely perish.

The Task:

Your quest begins at the Castle BlankPage with all of your fellow contestants. Each week the kings servant will set up a flag. You must reach the flag and send a chapter of your adventure back to the king before it is destroyed.
Those who fail to reach the flag before it is set aflame will be left behind to the beasts of the wilderness and knocked out of the contest.

The Last Man Standing is the person who manages to outrun all of his fellow contestants.

(Translation: You post a chapter a week. If you miss a deadline, you're out! And the winner is the last person still going.)

Warriors Aid:

The Sages- Each participant will have their own Sage with will give a week by week review of your quest. The benefit of this is that you'll have someone alongside you the whole way, who will be accustomed to your strengths and weaknesses. Not only will this help you grow more but you'll have a constant imput of help and guidance throughout your novel, and hopefully a good friend to come out of it at the end.

The Wages- For your valient efforts you'll also be awarded 200 points at the end of each week.

Champions Treasury:

The prize for the winner begins at 5000 points, and is liable to increase as the weeks progress. Other prizes will be awarded along the way for reaching various targets and completing challenges.

Contest Commences:

Sunday 23rd of March. That means your first chapter must be posted after this date, andbefore midnight on Sunday 30th.

Interested?

There are many feasts to plan, horses to train, flags to knit, all before we begin, so if you're interested in taking part reply below, that way the King and his servants have a rough idea of numbers. Feel free to include any questions or queries.

Also seeking:

Dedicated Reviewers
Points/ Prize Donations

Quick Questions:
You can write in any genre you want, but it must be one continuous project (series and poetry not included.)
The word limit is 800>2000 words per piece.
You can post more than one piece, but all works submitted in the same week count only for that week, and your wisely Sage will be obligated to review only one piece.
We were born to be amazing.

317 Reviews

Reviews: 317
Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:33 pm
lostthought says...

Can it be a chapter of any piece we already are writing, like if you already posted chapter one before this contest, would chapter two count as your first one or do you have to start a new thing entirely
"Aaloo is potato in urdu, like AAAAAA-loo, or like AAAAA-look such delicious deliciousness."
-Pompadour

"MY SOUL IS A GREY ABYSS"
-QueenOfHearts

560 Reviews

Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:28 pm
View Likes
Tenyo says...

@lostthought
It has to be a shiny new project. The minimum is only 800 words per week so there's still plenty of time to keep going with any projects you've already started.

317 Reviews

Reviews: 317
Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:36 pm
lostthought says...

Ok, so I have three weeks to plan?
"Aaloo is potato in urdu, like AAAAAA-loo, or like AAAAA-look such delicious deliciousness."
-Pompadour

"MY SOUL IS A GREY ABYSS"
-QueenOfHearts

285 Reviews

Reviews: 285
Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:39 pm
GreenTulip says...

I want to do this.
Life works in funny ways sometimes. Some get hurt, others go through without a single bruise. I could tell so many stories of how I got each scar that is scattered across my flesh.

560 Reviews

Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:07 pm
Tenyo says...

@lostthought
Yep, three weeks! I'll get the exact date up soon.

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:08 am
ScarlettFire says...

Sooooo.... This could be interesting~

And also a challenge.

Definitely in. By the way, it doesn't matter what genre it is as long as it's new, right?
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

133 Reviews

Reviews: 133
Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:34 am
PiesAreSquared says...

In. Of course I'm in! Who am I to pass up a challenge?

I'm ready to review for a single challenger as well, so if you don't mind me doing a double role, I'll be glad to do so. My reviews when requested can run up past the 10000 character mark...so...be warned...
The moment you say that one set of moral ideas can be better than another, you are, in fact, measuring them both by a standard, saying that one of them conforms to that standard more nearly than the other. C. S. Lewis

I used to be ZLYF

560 Reviews

Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:11 pm
Tenyo says...

@ScarlettFire

Any genre goes.

I'll most likely ask what genre (and potential rating) you have in mind, if any, so that we can pair up similar reviewers to reviewees- which is totally a real word.

@Zlyf

Awesome. I'll keep your name in mind.

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:32 pm
ScarlettFire says...

@Tenyo Probably fantasy or urban fantasy / supernatural. And probably about 16+. I tend to have potty mouth characters and more mature themes lately. I'm trying to tone it down, so you might not see some of the scenes I write.

"Reviewees" is totally a real word. >.>
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

560 Reviews

Fri Mar 07, 2014 1:19 pm
View Likes
Tenyo says...

Dates are set!

The contest starts on Sunday 23rd of March, so you have until then to plan. You can start writing any time after that, and the first chapter must be submitted by midnight on Sunday 30th.

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:53 am
View Likes
Iggy says...

As I stated before, I'm down to be someone's sage. :mrgreen:
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

662 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 662
Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:15 am
Messenger says...

I'm totally in! I'm a little confused because you said to write a continuous story, but not a series? Did you mean don't write something for a series you already have? Also, I'd be willing willing to give a few extra hundred points.

EDIT: I see that this system could very easily be outwitted. Not that I intend to do it, but there is a pretty easy way. But I have a question going with it: can I write ahead of time?

133 Reviews

Reviews: 133
Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:45 am
PiesAreSquared says...

@Messenger I think the whole point of the challenge is to see how fast you can write in one week and keep up with writing weekly. Writi beforehand defeats the purpose and is prohibited. See two posts up (Tenyo). I quote: You can start writing any time after that," with that referring to the start date. Good luck! I hope I win this one!
The moment you say that one set of moral ideas can be better than another, you are, in fact, measuring them both by a standard, saying that one of them conforms to that standard more nearly than the other. C. S. Lewis

I used to be ZLYF

347 Reviews

Reviews: 347
Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:53 am
View Likes
OliveDreams says...

Great idea!! Happy to be a Sage and point donator!! :)
"There is a dead spot in the night, that coldest, blackest time when the world has forgotten evening and dawn is not yet a promise."

“If lightning is the anger of the gods, then the gods are concerned mostly about trees.”
— Lao Tzu