z

Young Writers Society

The YWStionary

6 Reviews

Reviews: 6
Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:07 am
View Likes
Dreamery says...

Oh! This was dead for a while! I'm glad to see that it's been revived, a bit!

317 Reviews

Reviews: 317
Wed Jan 13, 2016 4:47 am
View Likes
lostthought says...

Loinette: noun: a superior term of saying "small children"

Example: "Did you see Maurice's new loinettes?" "Yeah, they're so cute! I would kidnap them if it were allowed."
"Aaloo is potato in urdu, like AAAAAA-loo, or like AAAAA-look such delicious deliciousness."
-Pompadour

"MY SOUL IS A GREY ABYSS"
-QueenOfHearts

440 Reviews

Reviews: 440
Wed Jan 13, 2016 6:01 am
View Likes
Wolfi says...

SUCCESSAMUNGO
suck•SESS•a•moon•go (exclamation): used to express immense joy after having completed something successfully; ie when one finishes homework or a lengthy storybook post.

Ex: After Billy finished his five page essay, he triumphantly twirled his pen into the air like a bayonet and caught it with a grin, exclaiming "Successamungo!" with gusto.
John 14:27:
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you.
I do not give to you as the world gives.
Do not let your hearts be troubled
and do not be afraid.

6 Reviews

Reviews: 6
Wed Jan 13, 2016 10:14 pm
View Likes
Dreamery says...

@lostthought and @Wolfie36

This is so old. Such memories you've brought to light by reviving this old thread.

44 Reviews

Reviews: 44
Wed Jan 13, 2016 11:02 pm
View Likes
SkyeWalker says...

Omg this is hilarious XD
My pronouns are they/them.

Formerly Zhia and Reneia

317 Reviews

Reviews: 317
Mon Jan 25, 2016 12:02 am
View Likes
lostthought says...

errytime- How @Hattable feels about spelling right now

Example- I cri errytime.
"Aaloo is potato in urdu, like AAAAAA-loo, or like AAAAA-look such delicious deliciousness."
-Pompadour

"MY SOUL IS A GREY ABYSS"
-QueenOfHearts

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Thu Mar 17, 2016 8:34 pm
View Likes
Vervain says...

explosition: (n.) expository infodumping in a work that renders the dense material volatile and likely to explode.

This prologue is full of explosition.

adj. explository, v. explose, explosing, explosed

Wow, that was explository!
I think that first chapter explosed.
stay off the faerie paths

155 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 155
Sun Jun 07, 2020 6:04 pm
View Likes
Arcticus says...

YWSSir: When you tell your boss you'll get back to work but you check YWS instead because you're still a fourteen year old at heart.
e.g: Arc really pulled a YWSSir on his supervisor.

YWSless: A post that isn't really suited to YWS but you post it anyways.
e.g: Arc's YWSless posts are so cringe-worthy, ew!

YWSterday: A unit of time that spans a number of calendar years even though it only feels like a day.
e.g: What? Our SB is finished? Aw. I remember when we started writing it. It feels like YWSterday.

BluYWS: When you're sad and vent on YWS.
e.g: Arc had a bad case of the bluYWS the other day.

VieYWS: When you keep reloading the stats for your literary work to check if anyone has read it yet.
e.g: The vieYWS were such a disappointment.

ObvYWSly: When something is clear as a bell, based on YWS event patterns.
e.g: SquillsBot tagged you more than twice? ObvYWSly there must be an article about you!

MYWSing: When you're on YWS, musing about what you're writing.
e.g: I caught her MYWSing in a WFP.

YWSful: When an anecdote is worth sharing on YWS.
e.g: I had such a good day today! It might prove to be YWSful!

MYWSlim: When you're a Muslim YWSer.
e.g: Are you a MYWSlim? Nice.

ChriYWStians When you're a Christian YWSer.
e.g: The ChriYWStians are a nice bunch.

JeYWS: When you're a Jewish YWSer.
e.g: The JeYWS are an adorable bunch.

HindYWS: When you're a Hindu YWSer.
e.g: Me and some HindYWS were chilling in a WFP. We wrote some good stuff.

AtheiYWSt: When you're an atheist YWSer.
e.g: The AtheiYWSts are a naughty bunch indeed.

AgnYWStic: When you're an agnostic YWSer.
e.g: My AgnYWStic buddies neither believe nor disbelieve what I say, but they still love me.

MeYWS: When your cat reminds you to check YWS.
e.g: I would've forgotten to check my notifs, if not for my cat's MeYWS.

PheYWS: When you're tired and phew-ing but you still check YWS before dozing off.
e.g: I could hear Arc's pheYWS over the Internet

NeYWS: Happenings on YWS.
e.g: Hey guys? Did you hear the NeYWS? The Green Room is empty!
You either worship something higher than yourself or end up worshiping yourself

Naturally Tipsy ©

1227 Reviews

Reviews: 1227
Sun Jun 07, 2020 6:19 pm
View Likes
alliyah says...

@Arcticus I feel like your suggestions will be helpful for the many generations of YWSers that encounter those.

Here's a few more suggestions for entries to include of common YWS phrases / abbreviations that may confuse new (& old) members.

Cake Day - the most wondrous day when you may celebrate your YWS-Anniversary, or the day that you joined YWS. It only comes around once a year though, so write it on your calendar. Every other day is simply your "Un-Cake Day".

#Classified - (abbreviated definition) "Classified" was a mysterious movement started in 2018, which has yet to have it's conspiracies exposed. A group of users insists upon spreading the "Classified" hashtags along with different mysterious symbols and clues. There is some evidence that this group's intention is to overthrow Big Brother and YWS. read the Unclassified Site Briefing for more details

KB / Knowledge Base - a place where you can find informative articles written about writing and YWS topics. here it is. Unlike other areas of the site, you can't just post your own article here, it must be reviewed and approved by someone in the "Resource Crew" (contact BluesClues or a mod in the Resource Crew for more info)

KotGR - abbreviation for "Knights of the Green Room." The Knights of the Green Room are a reviewing group on YWS that may be joined by declaring yourself a Squire in the Great Hall and then submitting 10 green room reviews in a log. They are the defenders of the Green Room.

LMS - abbreviation for "Last Man Standing" which is a long running writing contest on YWS club information here. (not to be confused with "please LMS for validation" -> ie. "please Like My Status for validation")

Mod / Moderator - a member of the "YWS Team" which assists in moderating the site, running events, and making sure things run smoothly. If you have questions you can reach out to them! Their names are in Dark Green (Global Moderators) and Lime Green (Junior Moderators) (Admins are red, and Distinguished Moderators (retired mods) are orange-yellow).

NaPoWriMo (or NaPo) - this stands for "National Poetry Writing Month" and takes place on YWS (and in the rest of the world) during the month of April. Some people also call it "GloPoWriMo" because it has morphed into a global phenomenon. The traditional goal is 30 poems, one poem for each day of April, but you can set your own goals. watch the NaPoWriMo thread for more details.

NaNoWriMo (or NaNo) - this stands for "National Novel Writing Month" where writers make it a goal to write 50,000 words in one month! It is celebrated traditionally in November, but there are other versions like "Camp NaNo" that happen during other times of the year too.

Oldies - a user who is ancient and/or eternal. They joined years and years and years ago, before some of us were even born, and yet they are still alive, and thriving. They know ~all~ the YWS secrets and historical nuggets, have a strong affection for someone named Pat Buchanan, and they're still trying to figure out what all the hashtags are for. They also may secretly be your grandma, so treat them with respect.

Team Tortoise - Someone who reviews at least once every single day of the month. This is tracked on the Leaderboard

Ultimate Color - a color that has preferable visual and linguistic qualities to every other color. (ie. dark cyan, scientific proof here)

Unclassified - a force for truth, who seeks to expose the secrets and conspiracies of the "#Classified Movement" (Join their cause in the Unclassified Club)

WFP / Writers Feed Pad - a shared document that is a little bit like a google document, were users can write at the same time (see "Write-Ins" and chat).

WRFF / Will Review For Food - this is not as the name implies the place where you trade cookies and potatoes for reviews. It is a thread where you can request reviews or volunteer to give reviews. No food is exchanged.

Write-In - a space where people can join together to write and chat, sometimes there is a theme or prompt, sometimes they are open to whatever. You can host your own or join in with others by joining in a Writers Feed Pad. You can also watch for them in the I'm Writing, Come Join Me thread.
you should know i am a time traveler &
there is no season as achingly temporary as now
but i have promised to return

560 Reviews

Reviews: 560
Wed Jun 10, 2020 5:53 pm
View Likes
Tenyo says...

I was just thinking "I should add Tenyo to this dictionary, with the definition as something to do with being awesome" and then I read the first post...

T.

-Tenyo-(n.) awesomeness in human form. (Definition under revision)

... and laughed so hard it hurt XD
We were born to be amazing.

Reviews: 3
Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:22 am
View Likes
GBKiller says...

AAAAAHHHHH!!!!!1!!!!!!1!!!!!!- (int.) Display of insanity caused by a duration of self isolation and browsing the internet.
"I think there should be a rule that everyone in the world should get a standing ovation at least once in their lives." - Wonder, R.J. Palacio

In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on.
— Robert Frost