z

Young Writers Society

Analysing writing methods

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:47 pm
Burntshadow says...

I have an English assessment tomorrow(I know it's very last minute) and I have to analyse the methods used to portray childhood in Roddy Doyle's 'Paddy Clark Ha Ha Ha'. I was just wondering if anyone had any tips for writing this. I have been told to use the PETER method(point, explain, technique used and evidence but I can remember the R! Please I need advice!!!

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Thu Jan 23, 2014 4:41 am
Rosendorn says...

Examples, examples, examples.

Pick out the lines and show how you see them. Be persuasive. Write with confidence bordering on arrogance. You see these ways he shows childhood, these are the lines you've picked, here's why you've picked them.

Always analyze more than quote. If you quote three lines? Analyze for four. Never lose your voice because that's when you've lost your audience. Do the thinking for them. Just convince them your thinking is right.

Be bold. Because there are no wrong answers. You are simply providing the correct one.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:27 am
Burntshadow says...

Thank you so much this is really helpful because I'm definitely not bold enough in my writing so again thank :D

Spend your days thinking about things that are good and true and beautiful and noble, and you will become good and true and beautiful and noble.
— Matthew Kelly