z

Young Writers Society

I'm blank

Reviews: 0
Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:58 pm
Momal says...

I'm finding myself completely blank right now. :? I have an idea for a short story and I can't seem to find the right words, scenarios and everything! What should I do ?

Reviews: 4
Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:01 pm
View Likes
Vanz says...

Get a pen, some paper, and even though the words aren't "right" scribble them down anyway and don't look back until the end of the page.

That should help.

308 Reviews

Reviews: 308
Tue Dec 24, 2013 6:14 pm
GoldFlame says...

How much have you developed your plot and characters? Map out your main character; make it so you know him/her better than you know anyone in real life. Personality, pet peeves, hobbies, interests, appearance, special abilities, etc.Even include irrelevant details. This'll be the base for the plot and help you get started.

My best advice? Just write, write, and write, and don't think about what you're writing.
“He leant tensely against the wall and frowned like a man trying to unbend a corkscrew by telekinesis.” – Douglas Adams

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Wed Dec 25, 2013 12:24 am
View Likes
Rosendorn says...

Figure out what's interesting and forget about making it "right" or even "good."

A first draft is perfect because all a first draft needs to do is exist. You cannot make what doesn't exist better; you can only make actual stories better, and in order to make actual stories you have to write them.

You will not get it right immediately. It will sound wrong, it won't match what's in your head, ect. That's normal. All writers feel that. Don't let it stop you.

Write it.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

I wouldn't think "impossible" was even in your vocabulary.
— Sharpay Evans, High School Musical