z

Young Writers Society

Helppppp! part 2

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:03 pm
xXravenxX says...

I posted the same thing under the poetry forum , but this is the questions that don't have anything to do with poetry . I get writer's block a lot. How can I keep inspired ? How do you start a story ? How much do writers make a yr.? (Only poets and fiction and non-fiction) Of course I am not doing it for money , but I would love to know .

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:45 pm
Rosendorn says...

To take each question individually!

How can I keep inspired ?

It depends on how you find inspiration, but it's basically summed up in "look for it everywhere". A person you pass in the mall, what you think would be cool to do next, a picture, the way light falls on your bedroom floor between the curtains.

You just have to keep thinking of what gets you writing. Once you find that out, you're ahead of the game.

How much do writers make a yr.?

This depends completely on how much you publish and how popular you are. Some writers need a day job to write and live at the same time, while others make a good income on their work. But, in order to make a good income, you must be both prolific (so your stories keep coming out and people keep seeing your name in the "new arrivals" section of the bookstore) and popular (so people keep recommending your books).

It also means you basically can't get writer's block. You have to keep producing and keep hitting deadlines. Never stop writing, and never stop finding new places to write. Some authors write over multiple media and that's how they make a living, while others just happen to be very good at what they do so they don't need to branch out. Others branch out for fun.

But if you want to make a living at writing, never stop doing it. Your livelihood quite literally depends on it.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:00 am
xXravenxX says...

ok thank you Rosey Unicorn :) I write poetry everyday and I was working on a novel but my laptop was taken away from me for unspoken reason :( lol

303 Reviews

Reviews: 303
Sun Jun 23, 2013 5:02 pm
StoneHeart says...

To get out of writer's block I just go write something. Really, it works. If you just go sit down and WRITE something, anything, you'll get a bit of inspiration back. Either that or go do some pacing.
For I who am poor have only my dreams
I spread my dreams under your feet . . .

. . . tread softly for you tread on my dreams.

We are masters of our silences, and slaves of our words

'They are afraid of nothing,' I grumbled, watching their approach through the window. 'Together, they would brave Satan and all his legions.'
— Emily Bronte, Wuthering Heights