z

Young Writers Society

Does this have potential to be a powerful novel?

41 Reviews

Reviews: 41
Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:21 am
View Likes
Supermeggs12 says...

So basically, I'm just going to give you a summary of the plot and the main character.
Plot summary: A widowed father hires hires a vengeful old flame from his past to look after his thirteen year old daughter. Everything appears to be going fine with his old flame, but once his daughter starts reading into her mother's diary that details the events before her death, she realizes that maybe there is more than keeps the eye.
This story is set in 1940s England, Cambridge. And is told from the daughter's perspective.

Annalie Imogen Newbury : She is very crafty and adventurous, but at times deceptive in her ways. Annalie's facial features are mostly a copy of her mother's, with her pale hazel eyes, stringy shoulder length blonde hair, and relatively short height. However, it is her perfect coordination and balance that she received from her father. Annalie feels neutral towards school, and although not regarded as popular by her peers, she has quite a few friends. She does seem to at times detest her friends' sense of pride and entitlement, she does however remain loyal to them because they serve a purpose in her life. Annalie's friends' come from the same priveledged background as she does. At the reading of her mother's will, Analie learns that she has inherited her diary. She holds the diary closely to her heart for it is living proof that someone on this earth actually loved her. Annalie doesn't deny her father's love for her, but she believes he does a awful job of expressing it. Annalie is starting to feel attraction to the opposite gender, which she finds all too confusing, and it leads to some unwise decisions.

180 Reviews

Reviews: 180
Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:28 pm
View Likes
Cspr says...

I find the idea interesting, but ideas are truly a dime a dozen in all reality. What matters is that a) you care about this, b) you're willing to stick with it because you have to write it--something inside you needs to have this written down, and c) you're willing to push past your fears and actually write it.

-Cas
My SPD senses are tingling.

People ask if I ever experience writer's block and I just have to laugh... that's my default position.
— Aaron Sorkin