z

Young Writers Society

Skip Ahead

99 Reviews

Reviews: 99
Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:48 pm
View Likes
babymagic18 says...

I was working on chapter six of my novel yesterday and I got a mild case of writers block. I was barely able to get through with the first page. So I told myself I'll put it aside for tomorrow and hope I have better luck. Well it didn't work out that way so I got to wondering how do I overcome this. Then I got it. Why don't I go ahead to the next chapter and get started on that then come back to chapter six. I know a lot of people would say that's a bad idea or how do you know what's supposed to happen in the next chapter if you haven't gotten through with chapter six. My answer to that is I made an outline so of course I know what's going to happen in the next chapter. Give it a try if you get writers block. See what happens. :D

1220 Reviews

Reviews: 1220
Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:47 pm
View Likes
Kale says...

You don't have to write everything in order. ;P Write in the way that works best for you.

For instance, I'm one of those people who will write bits from all over the place and then stitch them together later on. It works for me, but drives some other people I know crazy.
Secretly a Kyllorac, sometimes a Murtle.
There are no chickens in Hyrule.
Princessence: A LMS Project
WRFF | KotGR

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:18 am
View Likes
Love says...

I have actually heard some professional writers do that. Yes, just do what works for you :)
I was Amareth :)

411 Reviews

Reviews: 411
Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:42 am
BenFranks says...

Sometimes you'll end up with some very interesting, multi-layered narratives if you stitch together rather than write "conventionally".

"Please put me in the quote generator whenever you like."
— SirenCymbaline the Kiwi