z

Young Writers Society

Just an overall writing tip I need to stick to

56 Reviews

Reviews: 56
Sun Jan 29, 2012 1:25 am
mithrim96 says...

When you have an idea, like a new sub-story in a book you're writing or a new character or even a story or a sentence you like, WRITE IT DOWN STRAIGHT AWAY!

If you're like me, you'll forget it, then you'll feel sad, then you find you can't remember it, then you don't write for a while, then you sink slowly into depression. Only joking! But it's a good idea to write down any thought you have and like as soon as you think of it because it could always lead into something great.

Keep writing for as long as it brings you joy!

"It's important we build up a level of trust. That way I'll catch you completely unprepared when I suddenly accuse you of murder." - Skulduggery Pleasant (read it!), Death Bringer, Derek Landy

308 Reviews

Reviews: 308
Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:21 am
AlfredSymon says...

Additionally:

You can also use some software which can help you develop writing. There's the 'Writer's Blocks' and OneNote. You can even use MS Word or Notepad if you want to.

This works well if you have a portable gadget. If you don't, a Literary Journal would do wonders! I keep one myself, and every time I pop out a new idea, I write it down and keep it for future use. I bring it anywhere, everywhere. Writing IS very versatile as long as we put our minds to it!

That's all! Ha!
Need some feed? Then read some! Take a look at today's Squills at In the News.

The Tatterdemalion takes a tattle!

"Stories are like yarn; just hold on to the tip and let the ball roll away"

No, it's not that you didn't succeed. You accomplished a lot, but, if you want to touch people, don't concentrate so much on rhyme and metre. Think more about what you want to say instead of how you're saying it.
— LCDR Geordi La Forge