z

Young Writers Society

Lyrics

24 Reviews

Reviews: 24
Fri Jan 14, 2005 6:43 am
randy says...

Anyone here write music? I've never been able to write lyrics. I've got all the music and such laid out perfectly, but when it comes to writing words to go along with the music, I'm lost. Any tips?

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Tue Jan 18, 2005 11:39 pm
Nate says...

I don't write music, but I know plenty of people who do, and they always tell me that you can't write lyrics for a specific melody you wrote and vice versa. Rather, what you do is just write whatever lyrics come to mind without worrying about the music to go along with it. Then what you do is find some melody you already wrote that fits it.

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Tue Jan 18, 2005 11:43 pm
View Likes
niteowl says...

I write lyrics all the time! Stuff comes to me at random and I write it down and think "Hey this could make a cool song!"

See examples in the Miscellaneous Other forum.

Just don't force it is all I have to say.
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

Random avatar

Reviews: 10
Thu Mar 17, 2005 3:13 am
Slothman says...

I'm not a great writer of lyrics but I like to just fidle around with the themes, listen to 'I Choose' by The Offspring its got a really cool guitar riff with a sort of happy-ish vibe to it and the first line is something about falling off a cliff.
available

"Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon."
— Paul Brandt