z

Young Writers Society

How to write chapters...

504 Reviews

Reviews: 504
Sat May 06, 2006 8:46 pm
Dream Deep says...

Thank you, Snoink.

My Creative Writing Final has to be done by Monday and I'm nowhere close to being finished with it. I, too, edit too much. I shall use your infalliable stategy for my slightly crummy/in desperate need of aid short story.

I'll return and tell you if it worked. I've tried this before on novels but never on short stories. This... should be interesting.

:shock: _/)

504 Reviews

Reviews: 504
Tue May 09, 2006 12:45 am
View Likes
Dream Deep says...

It would've worked but I have such lousy work ethic.

:smt022

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Tue May 09, 2006 3:23 am
View Likes
Snoink says...

Don't we all though! XD

.... that's why it's handy to have an obsessive-compulsive personality as well. As long as you focus your obsessions...
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

94 Reviews

Reviews: 94
Sat Jul 29, 2006 12:27 pm
View Likes
AstrangedbeaR says...

great tips. thanks!
*AstrangedbeaR*

614 Reviews

Reviews: 614
Sat Jul 29, 2006 3:42 pm
Swires says...

I have an OCD but it isnt a good one, my mind forces me to wash my hands about 50 times a day, if I come into aocntact with any other human I feel like washing my hands.
Previously known as "Phorcys"
Witherwings Harry Potter RPG

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Thu Oct 05, 2006 4:36 am
View Likes
Snoink says...

This might be very helpful for those doing Nano (maybe)!
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

161 Reviews

Reviews: 161
Thu Oct 05, 2006 10:40 am
View Likes
Cassandra says...

Gah. Why couldn't I find this when I went through all the Writing Tips stuff last night?

Thanks, Snoink. :)
"All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."
-Chuck Palahniuk

Did you ever hear the Tragedy of Darth Plagueis the wise? I thought not. It's not a story the Jedi would tell you. It's a Sith legend. Darth Plagueis was a Dark Lord of the Sith, so powerful and so wise he could use the Force to influence the midichlorians to create life... He had such a knowledge of the dark side that he could even keep the ones he cared about from dying. The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural. He became so powerful... the only thing he was afraid of was losing his power, which eventually, of course, he did. Unfortunately, he taught his apprentice everything he knew, then his apprentice killed him in his sleep. It's ironic he could save others from death, but not himself.
— RazorSharpPencil