z

Young Writers Society

writing expirement for those who never end

241 Reviews

Reviews: 241
Tue Jan 03, 2006 4:48 am
zelithon says...

I have a problem that i think i can safely assume other people here have as well. I always begin stories but never finish them, or continue, but think i should or want to. My idea is that other people with the same problem or who just like to be helpful can post here (with or without a particular story in mind) and the anther people can pm them weekly or more frequently demanding for them to continue. If there gets to be too many people wanting to join (although I doubt that) you can choose a partner or two to focus on.
Does this make sense? Do you think it will work?
Adults are just obsolete children, and to hell with them!
-Dr.Suess

Deadpanners are backtalkers!

badonkadonk
Atheism is a non phophet organisation

11 Reviews

Reviews: 11
Tue Jan 03, 2006 5:31 am
Just Imagine says...

Hello, mate. You begin a story but never finish it; but if you start to continue that same story, you doubt that you should?
You are not alone. When I write an essay or any piece of writing, I wonder, "I'm too lazy", "I just want to finish this for sake of it", or, for my favorite and usual clash I meet, "I don't like where it is going." They are, I think, usual clashes any kinds of writers meet.
Courage may blossom in quiet hearts,
For who can tell where bravery starts?
For truth is a song, oft lying unsung

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Tue Jan 03, 2006 5:42 am
Snoink says...

Outlines are a blessing. They force you to look at the story as a whole and can get you to sort out what you want to happen as an ending.
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

11 Reviews

Tue Jan 03, 2006 5:46 am
Just Imagine says...

Snoink, by the way, you are a beautiful writer. Wa-wait, Scratch that. You are a writer who write beautifully. Scratch that. You are a writer who write a form of writing that is beautiful..? I don't know where I am going. Anyway, I read a lot of your stories and poems...
Courage may blossom in quiet hearts,
For who can tell where bravery starts?
For truth is a song, oft lying unsung

447 Reviews

Reviews: 447
Tue Jan 03, 2006 8:17 pm
Duskglimmer says...

erg... I have this problem alot too... but usually, when I get past the middle of the story, I can go on a finish it. But this time around, I am having such issues writing the final chapter and it's killing me. *rams head into brick wall*

But my family and I have a running joke that we read in this "how to" book for writers. The book had a very simply solution for when you don't know how to finish a story: Have a big red truck run over everyone. Or if it's a story about ants, have a big red centiped (sp?). Or something like that. lol.
The robbed that smiles, steals something from the thief. ~William Shakespeare, Othello
Boo. SPEW is watching.

Random avatar

Reviews: 142
Tue Jan 03, 2006 10:40 pm
Doctor Kitty says...

Well, since I write whatever comes to mind, my stories really write themselves, but they get off-track or "hollow" as I say. ("Bad story! Bad!")

And then when I do an outline I feel too restricted. xD Maybe I'll never finish a story. >.< :P

701 Reviews

Reviews: 701
Fri Jan 06, 2006 3:56 am
bubblewrapped says...

Outlines are a curse! Stomp on them! Tear them up! Shred them! BURN THEM!.... :twisted:

**coughs**

Anyway. I have that problem a lot too. But, hey, I have trouble even BEGINNING stories, so, you wouldnt believe how many pieces and fragments of writing I have lying around **glances up at the 2930785037509ft towers of paper and discs and old notbooks surrounding her** hee hee... 8-[ :oops:
Got a poem or short story you want me to critique?

There is only one success: to be able to spend your life in your own way, and not to give others absurd maddening claims upon it. (C D Morley)

447 Reviews

Fri Jan 06, 2006 7:32 pm
Duskglimmer says...

heh heh... *glances behind her at her closet, which USED to hold clothes, but has now been taken over by stack upon stack of papers and notebooks and discs*

I think I would believe the number of story fragments you have... *tries to close her closet door and fails because of all the papers in the way*
The robbed that smiles, steals something from the thief. ~William Shakespeare, Othello
Boo. SPEW is watching.

863 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 863
Wed Jan 18, 2006 1:38 am
Griffinkeeper says...

This seemed like it belonged in writing tips.
Moderator Emeritus (frozen in carbonite.)

11 Reviews

Sun Mar 26, 2006 5:40 am
Azrael says...

AHHH!!! Beginning stories are a pain. Ending them is a pain in the rear. I'll get to the middle of a story, forget about it, delete it and start something else similar to the last story. I've done it about seven or nine times already...*runs around in circles* I can't take it.

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Mon Mar 27, 2006 2:24 am
Karma says...

I xan't even start, Hence I asked for tips :roll: , hehhehheh...:lol
My Karma Ran Over My Dogma
^------^
( 0 . 0 )
---------
Meow

493 Reviews

Reviews: 493
Sun Apr 09, 2006 5:25 am
Misty says...

Makes sense.

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Sun Apr 09, 2006 5:33 am
Snoink says...

Azrael wrote:AHHH!!! Beginning stories are a pain. Ending them is a pain in the rear. I'll get to the middle of a story, forget about it, delete it and start something else similar to the last story. I've done it about seven or nine times already...*runs around in circles* I can't take it.

Oh gosh, don't even get me started. It took me four years to get a nice beginning to my story, no joke.

*shakes head*
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

447 Reviews

Sun Apr 09, 2006 6:26 pm
Duskglimmer says...

I've never had trouble with beginnings... it's usually just fairly obvious to me where I'm supposed to start and what I'm supposed to say. It's keeping it going that I have issues with. If I don't get past the first five chapters or so, it's never going to get finished.
Boo. SPEW is watching.

129 Reviews

Reviews: 129
Sun Apr 09, 2006 7:40 pm
Mattie says...

I usually don't like to use outlines when I know where my story is going. If I can keep up with it in my head, I let it stay that way. I've tried writing down what I'm going to do, or what's going to happen, but I think that can sometimes cause stress. I mean, you look at this whole block of text with great detail talking about what's happening, who your characters are, and all the twists and turns. I think it can be a little over whelming and make it to where you don't want to write because you feel like, "Oh, my gosh, look at all this I have to write about!" I think it's better, if you can get away with it, to not bother with outline unless you like, love to do them. Do you get my point? I just think it makes it seems like you have a lot of work cut out for you. Don't get me wrong, writing a novel is a lot of work, but some people just make it seem more of chore than something they enjoy doing. Outlines can be good or bad, in my case it's definitely bad. ;)

ah yes my boiling cheetohs
— tatteredbones