No.
21%

Total votes : 142

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Sun May 18, 2008 6:38 pm
View Likes
Emerson says...

24. Post the first ten chapters of your novel all at the same time, because you know they'll want to read it right away.

25. Don't number them in the subject line, so the reader has to hunt for the first (or next) part.

:D This is amazing.
“It's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

183 Reviews

Reviews: 183
Sun May 18, 2008 6:59 pm
View Likes
LoveableLittleSock says...

26. Put, a, comma, after, every, single, word. Because you know, it's simply proper grammer.

27. Post a story in the middle ages and make your characters use phrases like, "That was sick!", "Dude, what the hell is wrong with you?" When a critic points this out to you, tell them that your characters are just ahead of their time by 700 years.

I love this so much. I hope I haven't made any of these mistakes.. Oh dear.
Got YWS?

370 Reviews

Reviews: 370
Sun May 18, 2008 7:28 pm
Aedomir says...

28 ) Post chapters of the same novel in different genre forums every time, because you don't want to be genreist.

29) Post pieces in the community forum, because the community needs know about it.

30) Keep spamming everyone's guestbook with the url to a random piece. Post about three per guestbook, because they are thick and need to know about it.

31) Post your homework as reviews, because you need points and homework must be good for something

I am hated!
We are all Sociopaths: The Prologue

Sociopath: So • ci • o • path noun
1. Someone who believes their behaviour is right.
2. Human.

137 Reviews

Reviews: 137
Mon May 19, 2008 3:08 am
View Likes
Summerless says...

Haha, I cracked up (and almost choked on my popsicle) when I read Suzanne's, LoveableLittleShock's, and Aedomir's add-ons to the list. :]

A have a few more.

32. TyPe LiKe ThIs BeCaUsE iT lOoKs So FrEaKiN' cOoL. Caps are just amazing. They fit everywhere. "OH MY GOD!" Cathy whispered. And the creepy mad scientist making an evil concoction in his lab? "HaWhAw eVeRyTHInG is gOInG pErFeCTlY!" he says.

33. Yellow fonts are suddenly in fashion. So are white fonts. Those make entries really, really, really easy to read. It's not like squinting is that hard. And everyone loves yellow and white fonts, so why not type your critiques in those colors as well?

34. Tiny fonts are the best. Size nine? Eight? Seven? Six? Oh, those are too big. I like size three fonts. That way everyone has to copy and paste the whole entry on Microsoft Word to read it. How fun!
Last edited by Summerless on Mon May 19, 2008 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Mon May 19, 2008 1:27 pm
View Likes
Demeter says...

35. Leave some empty space to everywhere it shouldn't be and leave it out from everywhere it should. " Hey, what's up?"said Jane."I don' t know",said Alex. It's only fun to experiment a little!
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

181 Reviews

Reviews: 181
Mon May 19, 2008 6:05 pm
View Likes
Gahks says...

Excellent advice, but I can see why some people might find it irritating and obtrusive...
"Don't bother just to be better than your contemporaries or predecessors. Try to be better than yourself." William Faulkner.

Do you do poetry? Check out Poetry Inspiration over in Groups!

344 Reviews

Reviews: 344
Mon May 19, 2008 10:04 pm
View Likes
Eimear says...

36. Use! Lots! Of! Exclamation! Points! In! All! Your! Work!
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

Oscar Wilde.

438 Reviews

Reviews: 438
Tue May 20, 2008 12:15 am
View Likes
JFW1415 says...

37. Cuss often and for no reason and rate it G. The more vulgar the better.

~JFW1415

181 Reviews

Tue May 20, 2008 11:34 am
Gahks says...

38. Address the reviewer personally saying you will threaten them with murder/arson/insert other form of retribution here if you do not post a glowing review.

39. Write something really, really, REALLY dumb. And pointless. And not worth reviewing.
"Don't bother just to be better than your contemporaries or predecessors. Try to be better than yourself." William Faulkner.

181 Reviews

Tue May 20, 2008 11:53 am
View Likes
Gahks says...

40. Post a blank page.

344 Reviews

Reviews: 344
Tue May 20, 2008 12:54 pm
View Likes
Eimear says...

41- And when people try and pull you up on it simply explain it's a group of children throwing snowballs in a blizzard.
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

Oscar Wilde.

183 Reviews

Reviews: 183
Fri May 23, 2008 4:09 pm
View Likes
LoveableLittleSock says...

42. Make all your characters ill with Multiple Personality Disorder, where at one moment they're incredibly angry at the person and the next they're skipping through a field of flowers singing, "You are my sunshine, my only sunshine..."

43. Always use; semi colons; to separate; every five; words. Because using semi-colons make you look smart and cool.

44. Use the same adverb over and over and over again. "The incredibly depressed girl sobbed in the corner. Her boyfriend walked over, incredibly worried. She swatted his hand away with an incredible fury." Remember to revert it to an adjetive to give the readers some variety!
Got YWS?

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Fri May 23, 2008 4:37 pm
View Likes
bear says...

This is so funny! And true, this will make people hate you.

I have one.

45. "Yeah-but..." all of the reviews you get. A reviewer tells you your characters are ridiculous? Well, guess what, it doesn't apply to you, even if it's good advice, because of the equally ridiculous x, y, and z. Your poetic rhythm needs work? Well, guess what, the reviewer is reading the rhythm wrong! *

*Actual response I got on a different website. "You're reading the rhythm wrong."
Blah blah blah blah?

181 Reviews

Sun May 25, 2008 12:16 pm
View Likes
Gahks says...

*laughs*

46. Keep killing off all your characters randomly while explaining that the writer was the murderer.

47. Endlessly put emoticons in characters' speech. "He cried happily, "Yes! I've done it! ;D ;D ;D"

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Mon May 26, 2008 6:24 pm
View Likes
seshat77 says...

Hehe, I have a few. Not that I'm experienced in being hated here or anything....

P0St St0ri3s L1K3 Th1s

Put smiley faces in your stories! The more the merrier!
If life gives you lemons, throw them back at life and scream "I don't want your damn lemons!"

Stories don't end because you stopped paying attention.
— SJ Whitby